Canelo compared to other greats at age 26!

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez compared to other greats at age 26

Boxer Record Titles Signature wins
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez 48-1-1 Three-time champion, two divisions Miguel Cotto, Erislandy Lara, Shane Mosley, Austin Trout

Floyd Mayweather Jr. 31-0 Two-time champion, two divisions Jose Luis Castillo (twice), Diego Corrales, Genaro Hernandez

Oscar De La Hoya 31-1 Four-time champion, four divisions Julio Cesar Chavez (twice), Pernell Whitaker, Hector Camacho

Mike Tyson 41-1 Three-time heavyweight champion Michael Spinks, Larry Holmes, Tony Tucker

Sugar Ray Leonard 32-1 Three-time champion, two divisions Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Wilfred Benitez

Muhammad Ali 29-0 Two-time heavyweight champion Sonny Liston twice, Floyd Patterson, Ernie Terrell

Source
https://infogr.am/saul_canelo_alvarez_compared_to_other_greats_at_age_26

He's off to a very good start at a young age. I think Golovkin and Errol Spence will be his defining fights.

If Mosley (considering the age and weight), Lara, and Trout make his list, then there should be some more names on the other resumes. Canelo is a very good fighter, but he's not on the level of the other fighters you listed in talent or achievement.

Out of those 4 opponents he only beat one of them decisively

Yeah Trout was bigger than I remember. Not a very good fighter though - not sure why this is ranked as a top win for Canelo.

I think Canelo's best win is vs Cotto. It was a clear if not dominant win over an aging but still very good fighter. It was clear that Canelo was much bigger than him though.

He needs to beat a very good MW like GGG or Jacobs IMO to convince that he's on his path to ATGness like many seem to believe.

Yeah Trout was bigger than I remember. Not a very good fighter though - not sure why this is ranked as a top win for Canelo.

I mean, he soundly beat Cotto right before he fought Canelo. He deserves the designation of a top win. It's just that there should be more names on the other men's resumes.

If you are going to include ancient Shane (whom Canelo could not even ko) then there need to be
many more fighters included in other fighter's resumes.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez 48-1-1 Three-time champion, two divisions Miguel Cotto, Erislandy Lara, Shane Mosley, Austin Trout

Floyd Mayweather Jr. 31-0 Two-time champion, two divisions Jose Luis Castillo (twice), Diego Corrales, Genaro Hernandez

Oscar De La Hoya 31-1 Four-time champion, four divisions Julio Cesar Chavez (twice), Pernell Whitaker, Hector Camacho

Mike Tyson 41-1 Three-time heavyweight champion Michael Spinks, Larry Holmes, Tony Tucker

Sugar Ray Leonard 32-1 Three-time champion, two divisions Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran, Wilfred Benitez

Muhammad Ali 29-0 Two-time heavyweight champion Sonny Liston twice, Floyd Patterson, Ernie Terrell

Source

Its an insult to compare him to these guys.

I mean, he soundly beat Cotto right before he fought Canelo. He deserves the designation of a top win. It's just that there should be more names on the other men's resumes.

When HBO only shows the replays of Canelo landing on Cotto in between rounds, then yeah it looks like Canelo dominated

Source

Looking at that its between Ali, Leonard, and De La Hoya for best wins by 26 years old.

What the Elmo fuck ? Lol canelo should not be mentioned with any of those guys

What the Elmo fuck ? Lol canelo should not be mentioned with any of those guys
What are triple g most notable wins by age 26? Wards? Chocolatito ?Errol ? Pacman

Canelo has fought very good competition at his age for what is available
Now it's time to see if he keeps that momentum
I personally don't think he is that good but it seems that many trainers and fellow boxers think he is very good

What are triple g most notable wins by age 26? Wards? Chocolatito ?Errol ? Pacman

Canelo has fought very good competition at his age for what is available
Now it's time to see if he keeps that momentum
I personally don't think he is that good but it seems that many trainers and fellow boxers think he is very good

I do think he's good but his competition has been meh (my humble opinion) , Lara arguably beat him. I still think he's good let's see how he does in his next three fights.

He's off to a very good start at a young age. I think Golovkin and Errol Spence will be his defining fights.

Canelo won't be around at LMW that much longer at least if he beats Chavez

Back