Canadian conservatives: who are you backing for PC leadership?

DannyNL

The King is BACK, baby!
Banned
Reaction score
Been steady reppin Maxime Bernier as he's one of the most libertarian politicians here. O'Leary is okay but is basically American at this point, Kellie Leitch is too wacky, Michael Chong is a closet liberal and the rest I couldn't care less about.

Who are you guys backing? Who has the best shot to banish cuck Trudeau?

Someone with a little empathy really, who isn't Kevin O'Leary. The guy triggers me, to be honest, just a little shyster.

Michael Chong
i thought he was adopted
220px-Michael_Chong.jpg

In my nearly 40years of spot the asian, he would pass as white guy 100%.

AT MOST, his left eye is a bit asiany, almond, and that's b/c someone told me he's really an asian, go examine closer.

Someone with a little empathy really, who isn't Kevin O'Leary. The guy triggers me, to be honest, just a little shyster.

He came here to Newfoundland and at his event he promised that if he's PM he'll let us keep 100% of our offshore royalties. Only problem with that is we already do keep 100% of our offshore royalties, and have since the Atlantic Accord was signed in 1985.

Yup, he's a shyster.

I liked Chong but was appalled that he voted in favor of the M-103 inquiry. I hope he gets railroaded in upcoming debates because of it.

I hope chris alexander runs into traffic during rush hour.

O'leary is a wildcard. He probably the most left leaning on social issues (pro same sex, pro lbgtq, pro weed) but his immigration push policy is a red flag -- but he also wants to strengthen canada beyond natural resources and actual fund R&D, help private industry and make it easier for canadians to invest in Canadian ventures.

Deepak Obhrai -- another wildcard who won't get much traction but is someone is is very much in alignment with what Conservative Canadians want

Pierre Lemieux -- too stupid, way too into identity politics

Kellie Leitch -- is Trump in a dress -- albeit, way more educated and is actually intelligent. She is going to turn heads and get some support as Canada continues down a path of pushing away from Muslim rights / support.

O'Toole -- has some solid ideas, just no stage presence. Has no charisma whatsoever

Peterson is straight up business centric, and also has some good ideas. Just unknown to most people and again, no real traction -- he is in my top 3 favorites.

Lisa Raitt -- is harper 2.0 -- i love her platform but she needs to focus away from natural resources and look more into private business and the advancement of them.

Andrew Scheer -- the most libertarian out of the bunch, has great ideas but is the most "over promise, under deliver candidate'". I like what he is advocating, but i doubt he will get a majority government to implement it.

Brad Trost -- If their was a GOP candidate, it would be that guy. Way too traditional right on social, no real plan on the economic side. He would cut HC to the bare bones.

Maxime Bernier -- awesome, definitely a solid mix of economic right and social left. Not as libertarian as people make him out to be but definelty wants to reduce taxation, support business and crack down on refugee allowance.

Blaney -- too focused on the social issues, a little too focused on the muslim issue -- but i like his admitting to use the notwithstanding clause to get shit done. wish he was more economically focused.

My top 3 are

Bernier
Raitt
Peterson.

Leary close 4th.

Last edited:

His platform is probably one of the more empathic along with Chong.

If I had my choice, feel the Bern...Maxime Bernier.

I like Bernier except when he tries to appeal to the religious nutters. If O'leary wins leadership I will probably vote Trudeau or Green party.

His platform is probably one of the more empathic along with Chong.

I actually don't have much of an issue with his core platform as it stands. He just isn't someone I want representing me, I feel he is vain and dishonest and willing to say whatever it takes. As we are learning in America, it's easy to be the opposition.

I actually don't have much of an issue with his core platform as it stands. He just isn't someone I want representing me, I feel he is vain and dishonest and willing to say whatever it takes. As we are learning in America, it's easy to be the opposition.

I think its just because he is more known / visible than the other candidates. His platform is the one of the most balanced are the conservative side -- hell, it can even be claimed to be left leaning. I think he falls into the celebrity trap but if you just look at platforms, his would be one of the easier one for leftists to swallow: pro immigration, poor gay, pro drugs, pro abortions.

Been steady reppin Maxime Bernier as he's one of the most libertarian politicians here. O'Leary is okay but is basically American at this point, Kellie Leitch is too wacky, Michael Chong is a closet liberal and the rest I couldn't care less about.

Who are you guys backing? Who has the best shot to banish cuck Trudeau?
What is berniers position on public sector pay and benefits?

Leitch is sctually discussing reforming public sector pay and pension which is long due. Bernier is only saying smaller government.

I don't like any of them really, especially Bernier and O'Leary. I don't think I can vote Conservative again in the next election if either of them are head of the party unfortunately.

I liked Chong but was appalled that he voted in favor of the M-103 inquiry. I hope he gets railroaded in upcoming debates because of it.

Agreed. Any politician who would vote for that can't be trusted.

Literally none of them.
Im not impressed by any party members from any side currently.

Back