Canada restaurant blast: Bomb explosion injures 15 people in Mississauga as two suspects flee

Yeah, Chinese nationals like brand new houses.

When prices started jumping in the neighborhood my dad asked an agent and at that time it was all people in finance who had a good year paying cash.

Man, a bomb going on in a restaurant up north seems like something to be taken serious. But.. it seems like no one really cares?

I mean, a fucking bomb went off in a restaurant. Is this just normal now?

My wife and I were talking about this morning. All the major Canadian news television networks are not covering this. CBC was talking about basketball and CTV had some blonde woman talking about weekend cocktails. I thought the news would be doing special coverage of this, but there is nothing.

East Indians seem to be more nocturnal than white people. I base that on my observations of my own neighbourhood in Edmonton that i have lived in for the past six years which is predominantly an East Indian community. They are very active at night, out and about at grocery stores and restaurants well after 10:00pm any night of the week with their children. I’ll be at Safeway or Walmart at 10:45pm on a Wednesday night and see Indian families getting their groceries with their 3 year olds, 6 years and 8 year olds. Meanwhile, most white children will have been in bed since about 8:30pm or so.
296950_nocturnal.jpg

This would be particularly alarming if it was terrorists because it would signify an incredible change in tactics.

Historically terrorists haven't tried to get away with their terrorist crimes over here. That was unique to France because they would try fleeing across the border into neighboring Belgium with their friendly, radical neighborhoods willing to shelter these guys. They also had ambitions to return to the ISIS front.

It would be disastrous if they adapted and stopped martyring. Really, all it does is provide a pretense for their real ambition which is pitiful and small: suicide by cop. These guys are so angry and jaded they just want to quit. They just don't want the narrative of their lives to be a true one: of weakness and escape. So they gravitate towards Islam which grants their weakness legitimacy.

For them to terrorize and desire to get away with it...signifies real strength. Those are guys who truly want to realize an Islamofascist world. The lemmings they send to die, especially the homegrown variety, don't have the constitution of spirit to actually build anything that terrifying.

This would be particularly alarming if it was terrorists because it would signify an incredible change in tactics.

Historically terrorists haven't tried to get away with their terrorist crimes over here. That was unique to France because they would try fleeing across the border into neighboring Belgium with their friendly, radical neighborhoods willing to shelter these guys. They also had ambitions to return to the ISIS front.

It would be disastrous if they adapted and stopped martyring. Really, all it does is provide a pretense for their real ambition which is pitiful and small: suicide by cop. These guys are so angry and jaded they just want to quit. They just don't want the narrative of their lives to be a true one: of weakness and escape. So they gravitate towards Islam which grants their weakness legitimacy.

For them to terrorize and desire to get away with it...signifies real strength. Those are guys who truly want to realize an Islamofascist world. The lemmings they send to die, especially the homegrown variety, don't have the constitution of spirit to actually build anything that terrifying.

I highly doubt this was Islamic terrorism.

Organized crime, family dispute, or sectarian violence which we've seen before.

Man, a bomb going on in a restaurant up north seems like something to be taken serious. But.. it seems like no one really cares?

I mean, a fucking bomb went off in a restaurant. Is this just normal now?

Seems like their was vastly more coverage of the guy murdering people with the van in Toronto and I will grant you that in that instance there were fatalities, but the suspect was also apprehended, whereas these two (or more?) perpetrators are both back out and active in society.

Seems like that should be full coverage, high alert.

Although I both doubt it will and hope it doesn’t happen, if these people/this group commits a second attack before they are apprehended, the fact that they caused so little alarm and got so little coverage early on is nuts.

East Indians seem to be more nocturnal than white people. I base that on my observations of my own neighbourhood in Edmonton that i have lived in for the past six years which is predominantly an East Indian community. They are very active at night, out and about at grocery stores and restaurants well after 10:00pm any night of the week with their children. I’ll be at Safeway or Walmart at 10:45pm on a Wednesday night and see Indian families getting their groceries with their 3 year olds, 6 years and 8 year olds. Meanwhile, most white children will have been in bed since about 8:30pm or so.
Jet lag maybe?

In hot countries people tend to be very inactive during the day. Shops and businesses literally close during the middle hours of the day, and during the evening and late at night the streets are bustling as though it were the middle of the day here. I suspect what you're observing is that they're unconsciously carrying on with their ingrained habits despite the fact the temperature situation is completely different.

As Indo canadian i confirm this.....i grew up in Canada and no matter how hard i try to put my kids to bed at 8:30 pm they dont get to bed until 9:30 pm. However, i dont think it is a norm to have school age elementary kids shopping with their parents at 10:30 pm. Part of the issue could be that these families are immigrants and have blue collar jobs which start late and end late in the day.

While growing up i think my bedtime was 9:30 to 10 pm so it was really odd to hear about canadian kids going to bed at 8 pm.....I found that fascinating and also eating dinner at 6 pm, how do you do it?

My wife and I were talking about this morning. All the major Canadian news television networks are not covering this. CBC was talking about basketball and CTV had some blonde woman talking about weekend cocktails. I thought the news would be doing special coverage of this, but there is nothing.
part of the problem is that Indians like other asians dont really raise their voices thus the media only covers vocal minorities or attacks on the majority population which is white. Indians are very close knit, even more so than other asians

War room lunch date?
The next time I come to Toronto, I'll try to remember your suggestion. And indeed the prices seem pretty reasonable. Further to the off-topic, if you ever get to Halifax, Sushi Shige is a tad more expensive than the above, but it is well worth it.

Edit: meant to make 2 separate posts.

They did cover it, but unlike some US networks, they aren't inclined to waste hours speculating when there's nothing new to report, imo. If you can show me any news outlet reporting anything over and above what is already known I'll retract this comment. If you go to the CBC website it's on the home page.

When prices started jumping in the neighborhood my dad asked an agent and at that time it was all people in finance who had a good year paying cash.

And I'd assume those people moved inot the house to live in. No doubt there were lots of factors that contributed to the housing spike.

The next time I come to Toronto, I'll try to remember your suggestion. And indeed the prices seem pretty reasonable.

They did cover it, but unlike some US networks, they aren't inclined to waste hours speculating when there's nothing new to report, imo. If you can show me any news outlet reporting anything over and above what is already known I'll retract this comment. If you go to the CBC website it's on the home page.

I don't agree with this at all. Canadians love to view things as "we're better than the US" but the reality is you and I still know know nothing about that case. Same goes for the Shermer case. If this would have gone down in the US. Much more information would be known. The bar is very low in Canada.

Have you considered that's just when they are finished work?

I don't agree with this at all. Canadians love to view things as "we're better than the US" but the reality is you and I still know know nothing about that case. Same goes for the Shermer case. If this would have gone down in the US. Much more information would be known. The bar is very low in Canada.
Much more information would be known? Like what? 2 guys in disguises set a bomb and got away. The police are working on catching them and determining a motive for the attack. Until they have something to report what the fuck would be known? No, what you would have is 24 hours of talking heads on TV making shit up about what could possibly have happened along with "experts" speculating and lots of interviews with people who know no more than this person:
"Shitan Yan was getting groceries from his car when he heard the blast and then saw two men dressed in hoodies run "like crazy" past him.
Yan said both men appeared to be young, but he couldn't discern anything else about them.
"They looked back for a while and then just kept running," he said.
Yan said he didn't realize how serious the explosion was until he checked the news this morning, and police came to interview him about what he saw."

Back