1. Newly retired UFC Bantamweight & UK legend, Brad "One Punch" Pickett joins us LIVE on WEDNESDAY at 3:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM UK time. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you imagine EA UFC 3 game without Goldy? | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Henry Venda, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Davey Crockett 5 Time European Champions

Davey Crockett
    Wrong. I know how to play in the clinch and ground, it's about managing your stamina, being patient and reversing, however unlike undisputed 3, if you get taken down by someone like DC, not only is it incredibly difficult to defend his transitions if the other player knows what they're doing, but he also has these ridiculous perks that stop your stamina going up as fast etc. Game is a garbage joke tool for marketing their fighters to casuals. That's why all the stats are fucked and Mir has like 92 stand up

2. HI SCOTT NEWMAN Gold Belt Cat ✔

HI SCOTT NEWMAN
    Totally agree. UFC Undisputed 3 was the best UFC game ever made by far, I love it and still have it for PS3. Its a great game overall and better than the EA UFC games in my opinion. I love the Pride mode too, the only UFC game to ever have it. I wish there was a way or hack to play UFC Undisputed 3 on PS4.. that would be awesome!. the EA games don't do it for me, although the 2nd is better than their 1st one.

3. UFCFAN18 I got my Brown Belt

UFCFAN18
    I think the game is already in production so yeah it will probably be a mixture of Joe, Anik, Stann and Cormier.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  4. theTKDguy Yellow Belt

theTKDguy
    Yeah the second one is a huge improvement from the first. Huge roster.The first one was just terrible. Graphic wise, however, they are both great. The animations / gameplay are the problem.

5. Durr T Sanchez Blue Belt

Durr T Sanchez
    Except they changed the blocking and no parrying. Actually Fight Night Round 3 is the best. The blocking was more realistic, you could parry, and each fighter had a special move that they actually did in real life. Fight Night Champion has no parry and the blocking system is watered down. Your block works for body and head so its more about timing where as the old ones, you had to actually choose to block the body or head and it was more difficult.

joeyjoejoe likes this.
  6. Durr T Sanchez Blue Belt

Durr T Sanchez
    UFC Undisputed 3 is where its at. Pride mode with Bas and Ranallo commentating is great. Plus I think the character design and movement looked better. I still think grappling is just impossible to pull off in a video game because its about sensitivity as opposed to impact like striking.

Also, Ive never played the EA UFC games but Ive watched the videos on youtube and its looks shitty. I think the characters look better in Undisputed 3 but the main thing is the movement looks very sloppy. Not to mention the kicking is high exaggerated, seems like everyone can throw TKD kicks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  7. Durr T Sanchez Blue Belt

Durr T Sanchez
    Thats one thing I actually really enjoyed was the story mode. But the blocking in Champion was dumbed down. The older ones you had to press block and actually choose body or head which made it more difficult. Champion all you have to do is time the block button and it blocks where ever the opponent strikes. Also, no parrying and the even got rid of the special move which were actual punches that each individual boxer were known for.

joeyjoejoe and Mr.Maelstrom like this.
  8. The Adder Blue Belt

The Adder
    The better question is why even bother making another UFC game given how poor they have been selling.

9. Magx951 Yellow Card

Magx951
    grappling will not be accurate in a video game until we have some kind of crazy VR shit 30 years from now

The grappling in both games sucks massive dick, but the clinch work in both games are actually surprisingly accurate in comparison to the ground game

The thing that irks me the most about EA UFC 2 (i have 600+ hours in it, its a fun game just objectively bad) is that the animations for grappling are fucking retarded. You wanna go for a 2nd underhook? your character will spend 20 seconds SHOWING that he's going to do it first. There's nothing fluid about the grappling, its literal stuck in the mud garbage.

the striking is retarded because they have it set up so that single shots barely do damage and the only way to really KO somebody is doing crazy unrealistic Tekken combos.. Meaning everybody on the roster fights the same way standing up. Parry, jabcrossBodyshot highjack KO

parrying the way it works in the game is retarded in general.. you have a 50/50 shot to get a free hit that does extra damage any time somebody throws a strike

Durr T Sanchez likes this.
  10. Jkaylor Ohhh I member!

Jkaylor
    No. I truly can't imagine that video game without him
    because I'm a grown ass man, I train UFC irl and I don't play video games like a fucking chump

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  11. xhaydenx Green Belt

xhaydenx
    Eh? I won most of my fights in both EA UFC 1 and 2 and I used to dominate on the ground. In EA UFC 2 going to clinch was almost a sure win.

And yeah, I think EA's efforts have been shit as fuck. I eventually traded EA UFC 2 in. Afterwards I played UFC3 again and damn that game is so far ahead of what EA are doing.

12. Moral Victory Brown Belt

Moral Victory
    Is that 205 Roy Nelson? Lol, only in a video game

13. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    Knockout Kings 2000 was best

bonebreaker1029 likes this.
  14. Moral Victory Brown Belt

Moral Victory
    Reebok-esqe in its scripting is EA sport's UFC.

15. YourfatherII Brown Belt

YourfatherII
    Undisputed 3 in pride mode was the best fight game ever conceived bar none. THQ simply couldn't get their shit together, the created the best game ever, and the servers with downtown 80% of the time. Was really a shame.

Zezima likes this.
  16. Zezima Brown Belt

Zezima
    THQ games were better.

17. clemyobon TIGER MUAY THAI

clemyobon
    EA UFC is fucking trash. Good for learning process but once you understand the mechanics it becomes trash.

After a couple months of playing I dropped it and went back to Undisputed and Fight Night Champions.

18. Henry Venda Double Yellow Card

Henry Venda
    Rose tinted glasses. I loved Undisputed 3 as well but I played it the other day and it looks terrible now. It's nowhere as good as I remember.

Everyone hating EA UFC 2 suck at it and are the guys that I make rage quit.

19. SenorFranko Green Belt

SenorFranko
    Just trying to imagine it now

[​IMG]

20. Zezima Brown Belt

Zezima
    You can't polish a turd.

You can't beat someone that doesn't play it, I bet you just spam wheelkick over and over.