Can you imagine EA UFC 3 game without Goldy?

grappling will not be accurate in a video game until we have some kind of crazy VR shit 30 years from now

The grappling in both games sucks massive dick, but the clinch work in both games are actually surprisingly accurate in comparison to the ground game

The thing that irks me the most about EA UFC 2 (i have 600+ hours in it, its a fun game just objectively bad) is that the animations for grappling are fucking retarded. You wanna go for a 2nd underhook? your character will spend 20 seconds SHOWING that he's going to do it first. There's nothing fluid about the grappling, its literal stuck in the mud garbage.

the striking is retarded because they have it set up so that single shots barely do damage and the only way to really KO somebody is doing crazy unrealistic Tekken combos.. Meaning everybody on the roster fights the same way standing up. Parry, jabcrossBodyshot highjack KO

parrying the way it works in the game is retarded in general.. you have a 50/50 shot to get a free hit that does extra damage any time somebody throws a strike

Ugh, I don't understand why they had such an amazing KO/health system with EA MMA and threw it out for the garbage in EA UFC. In EA MMA, any single, well timed strike could end the night. And you never felt robbed when you saw the replay because you realize you got countered perfectly (I believe it had much better hit detection too). In EA UFC, I honestly think the game works off pure RNG with variables increasing that percentage. Perfect counter? Only slightly higher chance of it doing anything. Spinning kick? Much higher chance of rocking someone baby

Parrying has been too good in all 3 EA MMA games. I don't understand why they don't increase the risk for parrying. Make it much smaller window so that you have to predict an enemy's strike AND time it correctly to get it right. And if you mistime a parry or parry the wrong area (head/body), make them take slightly higher damage. If single strikes actually dealt damage, then this would give enough risk to parrying since you could get rocked off a badly timed parry.

I just really wish they worked off EA MMA's health system instead of take away the good thing about EA MMA while keeping the bad (everyone basically having the same generic strike animations + a lot of them looking soft/weird)

The THQ games were trash and the new ones are trash. I still enjoy the striking in EA UFC 2. The clinch is annoying and the ground game is trash. Im not very good and the guys online murder me. They're always spamming exploits. But with some friends it can be fun.

THQ doesn't exist anymore, unfortunately. I fucking hate EA.
Everything EA touches, turns to gay. They're really best suited to mobile micro transaction "games".

No doubt they have some talented developers but their model is bullshit and everything is always ultimately sub par.

I can't wait for EA to add facial animation to the new UFC game like they did with Mass Effect Andromeda. Would up the comedy factor of hte game by 800%.

Not like the game isn't already comedy gold as it is.

LHCvGPA.gif
That has to be fucking illegal rite???

EA can go fuck themselves. Biggest money grubbing whores in gaming.

Also, the last UFC game sucked. I bought that shit on sale and was still pissed for what I had to pay for it.
They ruin every game. They've made FIFA unplayable for me over the past few years.

Rose tinted glasses. I loved Undisputed 3 as well but I played it the other day and it looks terrible now. It's nowhere as good as I remember.

Everyone hating EA UFC 2 suck at it and are the guys that I make rage quit.

Yeah, UFC3 doesn't look as good as EA UFC but who cares when it plays a million times better. EA UFC 2 doesn't even have takedown into the cage and the clinch game in that doesn't even come close to representing what a real clinch is.

And the A.I lol. You can just walk forward and spam left rights and even on the hardest difficulty they have no idea what to do and get knocked out in the first round.

You're an idiot if you think everyone who hates it sucks at it. Even on Operation Sports, the top players are always pointing out how bad it is lol.

The striking part is pretty good. The rest is bullshit tho.
I've got EA UFC 2 on PS4. I spent a good hour trying to figure out the submissions. They still don't make any goddamn sense. The grappling almost makes sense, but then you get in situations where the game either refuses to even try to advance your position, or it's blocked immediately by the omniscient AI (even on lower difficulty settings). In a full hour, I never once managed to complete a submission.

The striking is okay, but the physics are hilariously awful. Makes for some good WTF moments, but not much else.

Just give it back to thq Fuck the ea ones suck
Yes yes and more yes! I wish I could like this post 1,000 times.THQ put out the three best MMA games ever.
-UFC for the Dreamcast
-PrideFC
-UFC 3
Even UFC Tapout 2 was great.

No love for fight night round 4 in here? The sole reason my ps3 is still plugged in.

Everything EA touches, turns to gay. They're really best suited to mobile micro transaction "games".

No doubt they have some talented developers but their model is bullshit and everything is always ultimately sub par.
I do like me some FIFA

Yes yes and more yes! I wish I could like this post 1,000 times.THQ put out the three best MMA games ever.
-UFC for the Dreamcast
-PrideFC
-UFC 3
Even UFC Tapout 2 was great.
I agree with all of this. I still have my Dreamcast specifically for that first UFC game.

Ugh, I don't understand why they had such an amazing KO/health system with EA MMA and threw it out for the garbage in EA UFC. In EA MMA, any single, well timed strike could end the night. And you never felt robbed when you saw the replay because you realize you got countered perfectly (I believe it had much better hit detection too). In EA UFC, I honestly think the game works off pure RNG with variables increasing that percentage. Perfect counter? Only slightly higher chance of it doing anything. Spinning kick? Much higher chance of rocking someone baby

Parrying has been too good in all 3 EA MMA games. I don't understand why they don't increase the risk for parrying. Make it much smaller window so that you have to predict an enemy's strike AND time it correctly to get it right. And if you mistime a parry or parry the wrong area (head/body), make them take slightly higher damage. If single strikes actually dealt damage, then this would give enough risk to parrying since you could get rocked off a badly timed parry.

I just really wish they worked off EA MMA's health system instead of take away the good thing about EA MMA while keeping the bad (everyone basically having the same generic strike animations + a lot of them looking soft/weird)

How did EA MMA's health system work?

I think the worst thing is when you're dominating somebody in EA UFC 2, You've landed over 100 significant strikes, and they still are fine, but some specific spinning moves are insane damage.

For example I legit had a guy last night I hit him maybe 130 times, he hit me maybe 40. I'm not exaggerating. All of his hits that landed were body shots.

I can hit a flush flying knee on the chin and he'll shake it off fine.. like he's not even wobbled a little by it.

He hits me with a single spinning back fist and my character basically fucking explodes (and i had a good chin too, its not like it was 10/75)

so single shots CAN KO people, ubt its weird RNG and unpredictable

You can't polish a turd.

You can't beat someone that doesn't play it, I bet you just spam wheelkick over and over.
Haha

Never, but you sound well versed in such cowardly tactics.

I always use low status fighters and humilI ate guys like you.

I KO'd someone online and heard "it's all over" and it just got me down man. Had to turn it off

Haha

Never, but you sound well versed in such cowardly tactics.

I always use low status fighters and humilI ate guys like you.
I didn't play many online, but when I did I used anyone I fancy, it's boring using the top fighters because you know the other person has already picked them.

I'd probably say I played 20 games ish and lost around 2, too many spammers just get parryed then banged in face o_O

I miss the the full spectrum (joystick) striking from ea MMA and the fight night series the most

Back