Can we stop blaming fighters for missing weight? The Weight Cutting System is the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Change the rules.

That's my whole point.

Change weed laws too.
No... your point is "Can we stop blaming fighters for missing weight?"

Cool, change the rules. Meanwhile its their fault when they dont make it. They choose which WC they compete in... nobody forces them to sign up there and sign a bout agreement for that WC

<mma3>

And during that 100 year span (200 years, considering that they did close ballpark estimates) no one complained and offered alternatives.
People are dumbasses...Slavery lasted longer than that.

ONEFC came up with a better system bro....Why not evolve so we won't have to deal with fighter cutting a shitload a weight?

All we care about is fighters fighting at the same weight, ONEFC figured it out.

He signed the contract to fight at 155. It’s totally his fault.

If he struggles to make weight he should go to 170. Pretty damn simple

Completely untrue. No one is forcing fighters to cut weight. It's the classic "just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to". If you agreed in your contract to show up at a certain weight and you don't, that's on you. Don't sign it if you can't make it. End of story

Completely untrue. No one is forcing fighters to cut weight. It's the classic "just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to". If you agreed in your contract to show up at a certain weight and you don't, that's on you. Don't sign it if you can't make it. End of story
LMFAO.

Yes they are.

When you fight fighters who cut 20-25lbs of water weight like Conor....You are forcing everybody else to do the same or else you will fight an oversize guy.

The whole system is pushing fighters to cut extreme amount of water weight.

and let me tell you something...if a fighter with a rough weight cut ever dies in the UFC.......UFC will be responsible and I bet they will change the rules like ONEFC.

They should make classes based on measurements like height, reach and an approximated weight without the fat %.

you're such a whiny bitch lmao.

it's absolutely the fighters fault, no one is forcing these guys to cut this much.

Look we live in a Manlet Hunting culture in MMA/UFC(Conor is the prime example of a manlet hunter)

It's hilarious that you use Conor as an example of a "manlet hunter" when

- Max recently couldn't even make 155 as it was going to be the biggest cut Lockhart had ever attempted for a fighter or himself in his entire career, and is talking about possibly moving all the way up to 170
- Eddie recently didn't make 155 as he was 190
- Poirier has moved up to 155
- Aldo struggles to make 145 all of the time and has mentioned for years making a move to 155
- Diaz couldn't make 155 so that fight had to be at 170, where he has previously competed because 155 is a hard cut. Conor weighed in under 170 for both fights
- Diaz has since been refusing 155 fights because he can't make the weight
- RDA has moved to 170 after struggling enormously to make 155

If Conor's the manlet hunter I'd love to know how you feel about his opponents.

LMFAO.

Yes they are.

When you fighters who cut 20-25lbs of water weight like Conor....You are forcing everybody else to do the same or else you will fight an oversize guy.

The whole system is pushing fighters to cut extreme amount of water weight.

and let me tell you something...if a fighter with a rough weight cut ever dies in the UFC.......UFC will be responsible and I bet they will change the rules like ONEFC.
Again, you are not understanding the word "forced". If the UFC or athletic commissions were saying "you can ONLY fight in this weight class or you're not fighting at all, good luck!"... then it would be forcing fighters to do something they don't want. Fighters AGREE to fight at their weight class of choice... they do not HAVE TO do it just because it is a common trend. Highly influenced or not, it is a choice, not an obligation.

For sure any fighter who misses weight should be blamed. And heavily penalized. At the same time I am all for getting rid of weight cutting and having fighters fight at more natural weight. I like the idea of cage side weigh ins.

Turned it into a Conor thread... well done. Because from the thread title it's a leap to get to Conor hating but if anyone could do it I knew it was you.

Im tired of fighters getting blamed...I know people will say "but but other fighters don't miss, thus it's the fighters fault".

Look we live in a Manlet Hunting culture in MMA/UFC(Conor is the prime example of a manlet hunter)....this has to change.

Good weight cutters either because of skill/genetics will always have the advantage, which is retarded since weight cutting has nothing to do with actual fighting, at all.

This Manlet hunting culture, then makes people want to cut as much weight as they can, even though cutting 20-25lbs of water weight and getting rehydrated in like a day..again has nothing to do with fighting.

Fighters are pressured to cut insane amount of weight because of this manlet hunter culture...thus this what happens.

We need ONEFC weight cutting, plain and simple.

Then fighters like Conor will fight people their own size, instead of little manlets.....and people won't miss weight.

Not only that, but fighters will perform way better and lead to more exciting fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben askren is right

How is Conor the “prime example” when

A) he was a champion at 145 in 2 different organizations

B) he never missed weight

C) people have been cutting weight forever

D) he’s not a wrestler, and they are obviously the most egregious with this

......?

Nodody’s moving the goal posts after the contract is signed. You sign to fight at a weight, and u have months to get there. It’s 100% on the fighters.

They could make weight if they fought in the right division. Opponents will only accept the fight if they feel the guy who missed had a bad cut and it will effect them the next day. Otherwise, the other guy probably just decided he couldn't make it, and then stopped trying. Meanwhile, the guy who makes weight is sweating it out, and is now at a disadvantage. You will rarely see someone accept a fight if the person who missed is ranked lower and makes a lot less money. I'm sure Aspen Ladd was set to make about $10,000 tomorrow. Smith would make $25-30,000 minimum. So if she goes out and loses tomorrow, she'd get $32,000 ($37,000 if she took the extra 5K offer, which I have to believe is madeup bullshit tbh). In this situation, she gets over $50K (based on her last disclosed pay), and gets to walk away without any damage.

Turned it into a Conor thread... well done. Because from the thread title it's a leap to get to Conor hating but if anyone could do it I knew it was you.
Take a good thread and try and derail it.

Well done.

Yes they are.

The system right now rewards great weight cutters.......This then puts pressure on fighters to cut as much water weight.

The whole system is at fault, thus the UFC is responsible because they aren't trying to change the system.

and it's not like it's impossible...OneFC has done it.

One FC has had how many events in the US?

The UFC adopted weight cutting guidelines established by the boxing comissions in part to allow them to compete in the various US states. Boxing took its weight cutting guidelines from collegiate sports (and the Olympics to a degree).

While I agree that One FC has a viable alternative that works overseas, I doubt it would pass fight sanctioning requirements in the US.

Back