Can someone tell me what Derek Lewis went to prison for?

The story that Lewis gave doesn't add up.

If a dude is looking for you and he goes for a gun and than you hit him (Lewis's side of the story) that's self defense. You don't get 3 1/2 years for that.

shit like that happens all the time

Swanging and banging? Or was it beastin? I forget.

The story that Lewis gave doesn't add up.

If a dude is looking for you and he goes for a gun and than you hit him (Lewis's side of the story) that's self defense. You don't get 3 1/2 years for that.
If you keep beating the attacker after a reasonable person would believe they are no longer a threat to you or someone else it becomes assault. If you break shit you get time.

If you keep beating the attacker after a reasonable person would believe they are no longer a threat to you or someone else it becomes assault.

But if you shoot and kill them you're protected by Stand Your Ground laws. It doesn't pay to go hands.

I just found this:
When he was 19 years old, he had a little romance with an older woman, a divorcee of 36. “She was being flirtatious and we wound up messing around,” he says. That woman’s ex-husband found out about it, and came looking for Lewis.

“He came to my neighborhood looking for me with a shotgun,” he says. “A couple of my friends and I, we were coming from a party, and we saw him at the corner. I told my friends, don’t drop me off, I don’t want to start anything in front of my house, just drive to the back of the neighborhood hoping he would follow us. We tried to make it known that we saw him so he could follow us from the house. We took him to the back of the neighborhood and we blocked him in to a dead end. I got out of the car and I walked up to his truck, and I asked him why he was following me?”

This is the crossroads in his story. This is where his tale goes from tragic to sad, where young men like Lewis lose their bearings and make the kinds of mistakes they don’t come back from.

“He reached over to the passenger side seat tried to grab his shotgun, and I didn’t give him the opportunity,” he says. “I just started sticking it to him right there. His car was still in neutral, and he was rolling, about to hit another car, so I stopped hitting him. He took off and we chased him to the police station. About four days later, they’re arresting me at school.”

Aggravated assault. Serious body injury. The man Lewis had been striking, as much in self-defense as with an eagerness to fix trouble the way he knew best, lost sight in his left eye.

Basically yeah... He fucked a guys older wife and then beat him blind in one eye when he came to confront him. Shit happens I guess... That story is from his perspective though.

But if you shoot and kill them you're protected by Stand Your Ground laws. It doesn't pay to go hands.
If he slept him in punch and broke his face it would have been good to go. It sounds like he dropped the guy and kept beating his ass.

I would have acquitted him though.

I just found this:

Basically yeah... He fucked a guys older wife and then beat him blind in one eye when he came to confront him. Shit happens I guess... That story is from his perspective though.

The husband should have turned a blind eye to her indiscretions.

There's nothing we can tell you that Google cannot.

I know Lewis is poster boy of the week for wrecking Browne but he truly is a thug. Screwing with somebodys wife, I'd have shot the fucker when he came walking towards the car.

Back