Can Jose Aldo Be Champion Again?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

Let's say Ortega somehow beats Holloway...

Let's also say Aldo beats Stephens. And then months later he beats another top 10 opponent. He's on a 2 fight win streak now.

IF he gets another title fight, could he beat Ortega and win the title again? He's still young.

What are the odds?

I don’t see it.he has no chance against Holloway and Ortega I think.and he will get knocked out by Stephens probably.

Aldo’s been in some wars and is old in fight years... age isn’t much of a factor as much as damage and how much you’ve put your body through in training.

I’m gna say Aldo never wears gold again

Had few moments vs Blessed... The guy needs to be a kickboxer again... But going to be tough. Got a good champion and a hungry lion at the top.

Crazier things have happened

Highly unlikely though

Had few moments vs Blessed... The guy needs to be a kickboxer again... But going to be tough. Got a good champion and a hungry lion at the top.

Agreed. He's been boxing too much in his last few fights. We need spinning kicks, high kicks, leg kicks, and some wrestling. His boxing is good, but that's not what got him that belt in the first place.

I think the UFC will be reticent to give him another shot that quickly. His value as a champion is now somewhat diminished.

I really doubt it.

I think he is done, I’m looking forward to see how he goes against Stephens, but I’m taking Stephens decision or tko.

Just don’t see him beating Holloway or Ortega. These guys are just too durable and I’m not sure about Aldo’s chin. He’s been through too many wars.

I really do like the matchup with Stephens though. It’s gonna be weird as hell to see Aldo in a 3 rounder. Aldo is the better fighter, but with Aldo’s chin deteriorating and Stephens power, it should be very interesting.

I really doubt it.

I think he is done, I’m looking forward to see how he goes against Stephens, but I’m taking Stephens decision or tko.

Stephens decision? If the fight went to decision, I would assume Aldo wins. But if the fight ends via stoppage, it's likely because Jose got Ko'd. But hey, ya never know

Don't think so. He had his time, nothing left to prove. His head isn't into it (despite what he says), he's been in wars, fails to evolve his game (leg kicks motherfucker), mixing up his game, etc.

I think Jose Aldo's time as champion is over. Frankie Edgar will probably get a shot before he does.

With that said, Aldo's going to be a hell of a gatekeeper for as long as he chooses to fight.

The fire has been out for a while.

Let's say Ortega somehow beats Holloway...

Let's also say Aldo beats Stephens. And then months later he beats another top 10 opponent. He's on a 2 fight win streak now.

IF he gets another title fight, could he beat Ortega and win the title again? He's still young.

What are the odds?

Way too many "Lets say's" & "what if's" for my imagination Whitebelt...
VqqG_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Probably not but I would pick him over Stephens and I think he could pick Ortega apart.So with Holloway potentially going to 155 it's possible,I think that's just a horrible match up for Aldo. Ortega's stand up is super overrated just cause he took out Edgar,we have seen him outclassed on the feet in a bunch of his fights and Stephens is overrated too imo but has looked better lately.

Aldo has only lost Holloway and getting caught by Conor,it's hard to say how he'll look vs Stephens or how he'd look vs Ortega and until I see his performance it's hard to judge exactly where he's at but considering everything I think he's still a better and more well rounded fighter than those two and absolutely could outclass either,but would he?Idk,we really gotta see him against a guy not named Holloway.I think people are getting crazy acting like Aldo sucks now.

If Max went up to 155 (soon) then it's a possibility.

Think hes gonna go on a losing streak and then (hopefully) retire. Though thats not the way I want him to go out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back