Can Jose Aldo Be Champion Again?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
yeah he can. he can beat frankie and ortega, imo. from what ive seen of brian thus far. we'll see more of him vs max.

max and aldo went toe to toe both times for 3 rounds, max was just the younger guy with better cardio and a fresher chin. aldo went out on his shield both times. he aint finished yet if you really watched those fights. lets see how he looks vs jeremy

No disrespect, but time is a mother fucker.... his last good performance (it was actually pretty great) was almost two years ago against Edgar...

The only chance he has is to leave nova unaio and get help with nutrition + strength/conditioning

Not against Holloway - no. But he can definitely beat Ortega. Ortega's stand up is still really sloppy regardless if he knocked out Edgar.

The fire has been out for a while.
How long would you say the "fire has been out"? He was fired up against Conor and looked fantastic against Edgar in 2016.

Sure, Aldo has miles on him, but that's not why he lost to Holloway imo.

How long would you say the "fire has been out"? He was fired up against Conor and looked fantastic against Edgar in 2016.

Sure, Aldo has miles on him, but that's not why he lost to Holloway imo.

Aldo in the WEC days thru his early UFC run was a fucking MONSTER. He had brutal leg kicks and aggression.

His skills allowed him to continue to win fights as a lesser version of himself, but the killer that turned Faber's leg purple and put Cub away in 8 seconds has been gone for a long time.

Max is only getting better and Aldo is only getting older

And even then there are a ton of young beasts coming up through the ranks at FW

Time remains undefeated in combat sports. Aldo had damn good run but it's over now

I think his body can, but he don't pack that drive anymore.

Not sure if is it usada, McGregor or just age, but most likely Aldo that blind confidence required to be the champ.

Recovering that would totally put him back in the game, but I think it's gone for good, sadly :/

I absolutely love Aldo but I think time has passed him by

It seems crazy even writing that as it seemed to happen overnight, but I just can't see him being champion again unfortunately

People can talk shit about him, but let me see anyone defend the belt as many times as he has

He can't beat Holloway at this point (two losses to the same person really fucks up a fighters mental). But he can definitely beat Ortega. He's faster, better foot work, MUCH better striking, and his TDD is impeccable. Honestly Aldo is built to beat someone like Ortega

Aldo is not out of his prime like his fans want people to think, he beat frankie worse than he did the first time before losing to holloway and frankie has been kicking some ass before losing to Ortega, Conor and Holloway are just way better strikers than him.

Not with Holloway and Ortega around. And they haven't even reached their prime, so no, not at this weight class. Maybe lower, but I don't really see him cutting more weight than he already does. He had a legendary run, not sure about his future.

Not with Holloway and Ortega around. And they haven't even reached their prime, so no, not at this weight class. Maybe lower, but I don't really see him cutting more weight than he already does. He had a legendary run, not sure about his future.

Conor yes, Max no. Aldo was lighting Holloway up in their first fight and was barely getting hit till he got overwhelmed from Holloways cardio/pressure.

He can. Especially if someone is able to take out Holloway. If Bisping can do it, Aldo can do it.

He has the skills to, but a lot of the other guys have caught up with him

Holloway just has his number. McGregor would probably beat him again. Ortega has the skills to catch him. Worryingly, I think Stephens is gonna KO him too

I'd love to see him try out 155 and see him vs Alvarez or Poirier

Conor yes, Max no. Aldo was lighting Holloway up in their first fight and was barely getting hit till he got overwhelmed from Holloways cardio/pressure.
Do you think third time would be the charm for Aldo against Max?

Back