Can I trust Spectrum Cable company? Update NO!

You might need a new router. Is everything down or just the WiFi? Also did you change your settings? You might have to download some sort of software for your new modem.
When it goes down, it is the it is both the ethernet and WiFI. I am going to plug the ethernet cables into the new modem. to see if they go down. It's been fine since the last time I reset the router. I checked the TP link site to see if there is an update but didn't find any. I have a new Netgear router that I will swap in.

Pretty sure its this one
Paired with this router

T-Mobile Asus TM-AC1900​

.. .

Spectrum will make you pay for their equipment even if you dont choose to use it. At least thats how it was for me. I think its like 10 bucks for that + the DVR

Pretty sure its this one
Paired with this router

T-Mobile Asus TM-AC1900​

.. .

Spectrum will make you pay for their equipment even if you dont choose to use it. At least thats how it was for me. I think its like 10 bucks for that + the DVR

So it is a modem circa 2019 according to the article. I think you should check your bill to see what they charge you for the equipment. You can get a printable bill online.

I pay $12.50/month for each receiver. Another $12.99/month for the DVR service that I don't use. I keep 2 receivers to have one as a backup.

Another thing I find odd is that they sent an email saying I get the Disney+ Basic channel for free but I have to sign up for it. To me that suggests I get it free for a limited time then they start charging extra if I don't cancel it.

My former telephone company has service available. There is a fiber-optic cable 50 feet from my house. I should check into their plan. I mostly watch sports on tv and to get the sports channels I think I have to add it to the gold plan which gives me hundreds of channels that I never watch.

One thing I just noticed, I did an internet speed test for the first time since installing the new Netgear modem and it showed 365 mbps. It had been in the 90s before. Still only 11 up.

Not as much as you can trust Autism Spectrum Cable company. They’re so detail oriented.

When I had Spectrum I also experienced regular internet service that weren’t hardware related, in addition to have to replace cable boxes multiple times.

Unless they are giving you a killer deal, I’d look into other providers.

Another thing I find odd is that they sent an email saying I get the Disney+ Basic channel for free but I have to sign up for it. To me that suggests I get it free for a limited time then they start charging extra if I don't cancel it.

My former telephone company has service available. There is a fiber-optic cable 50 feet from my house. I should check into their plan. I mostly watch sports on tv and to get the sports channels I think I have to add it to the gold plan which gives me hundreds of channels that I never watch.
I got the Disney+ from Spectrum but via internet and didn't see anything about limited time. I thought it was part of Disney and Spectrum's cable settlement with each other and assume Disney makes out because it's the ad version. I already had a Disney+ login from when I subscribed thru Apple, so starting it back up with Spectrum involved logging into Spectrum, clicking something to launch the login into Disney+ existing login and it was that easy. All my watchlists are intact from when I canceled Disney+ thru Apple.

Also, it didn't ask for payment info like they do when you start a free trial that becomes paid subscription afterward unless you cancel.

One thing I just noticed, I did an internet speed test for the first time since installing the new Netgear modem and it showed 365 mbps. It had been in the 90s before. Still only 11 up.

Mine is the cheapest and supposed to be 100Mbps down and 10 up, but I only get 25Mbps down and 1 or 2 up. No speed improvements after switching to RG11 coaxial cables. I asked them if the speed is something they have to adjust remotely from their computer or from the on site connection and they made it sound like needs an appointment. Weird because when I first got their internet, just had to connect the modem and they already had the modem's ID number and when using my own modem, just had to call in the new modem ID number.

Sounds like Comcast Xfinity’s bastard cousin

Mine is the cheapest and supposed to be 100Mbps down and 10 up, but I only get 25Mbps down and 1 or 2 up. No speed improvements after switching to RG11 coaxial cables. I asked them if the speed is something they have to adjust remotely from their computer or from the on site connection and they made it sound like needs an appointment. Weird because when I first got their internet, just had to connect the modem and they already had the modem's ID number and when using my own modem, just had to call in the new modem ID number.

I've had problems with the television service in the past before I retired and they wanted to schedule an appointment but I would have had to take off work so I never scheduled it but the problem resolved itself.

I've had problems with the television service in the past before I retired and they wanted to schedule an appointment but I would have had to take off work so I never scheduled it but the problem resolved itself.
The cable TV problems I think resolve themselves after enough people call and they get their asses moving and fix it. When I call, they always make it sound like it's specific to my site, my equipment.

I'll only buy RG-11 coaxial cables from now. An Amazon review complained it wasn't even copper or gold, but the signal was significantly better.

The cable TV problems I think resolve themselves after enough people call and they get their asses moving and fix it. When I call, they always make it sound like it's specific to my site, my equipment.

I'll only buy RG-11 coaxial cables from now. An Amazon review complained it wasn't even copper or gold, but the signal was significantly better.

Now that I think back on it I think I went through and checked all of my coaxial cable connections and found one loose. I unscrew them and put a slight bend in the wire so it fits tight in the connector then tighten them down with a wrench. Another reason I bought my own modem in 2010 was to avoid having to take a day off to have a tech come to check it. I guess I could open the panel and check the connection where the cable connects at my property line. My cable service is underground so it's in a pedestal not up on a pole. It should be more protected from the weather.

The old excuse of "nobody else has that problem" that companies have used for years is much more difficult to get by with these days when a quick check on the internet shows that many people are having the same problem.

For internet they now have CAT5E, CAT6, CAT7 and even CAT8 cable. CAT5E is good for up to a Gig so unless there is some super service available, CAT5E will be fine for most uses. It will be faster than wireless.

Worked in cable with TWC - when Spectrum came in all the talent fled (I took severance).

They are generally inept.

<DisgustingHHH>

Worked in cable with TWC - when Spectrum came in all the talent fled (I took severance).

They are generally inept.

<DisgustingHHH>
There customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Whether you use their online help or call in, it's the same crap. They want your account information and your problem. You give it to them they transfer you to another bot that wants you to repeat the same information. You get transferred again, possibly to a human who wants the same information then you finally get transferred to a service rep who wants the same information.

I would just buy a new router from some where you can return it in 30 days. Then test with that new router and if it works well now you know.

You do save money by purchasing your own router and modem rather than leasing theirs, but the trade off is that when there are problems, if they can't figure it out easily, they'll blame your equipment.

It's still probably worth it to buy your own, but you have to accept this risk.

Back