Social Can homeless people be fined for sleeping outside? A rural Oregon city asks the US Supreme Court

This was a huge issue in Canada long before the influx of migrants.

Picking Canada as comparator is like picking the lame duck among countries with social safety nets. Nothing here runs properly compared to many European and Scandinavian countries. At least you know where it is on the map though.

Sweden has a homeless rate of 5 per 10,000 vs the US' 18 per 10,000. Sweden also counts people in shelters and subsidized housing as being "homeless," so effectively their homelessness rate is nearly 0.

The problem is most not all of the homeless are that way because of drugs, alcohol being one of the major drugs of choice.

There are shelters but you have to follow the rules which they don't want to do.

You can't "just be nice to them" and control that problem.

The only way to try and help them is forced commitment. Which the liberals scream and throw a fit if it's brought up. Then the Republicans don't want to fund.

So we move on to what to do to keep them from fucking up everyone else's life. The only way that works is to push them to areas normal people do have to put up with their crazy shit. Aslo to control their interactions with normal people.

The lefts idea that if "we are just nice to them" the unicorn will fart rainbows and everything will be OK is bullshit and only make the life's of normal people and their families shit.

I'm all for helping people that actively want help and are programs out there to do just that. Especially for women with families.

However some people are just a write off because that's what they choose. For them with the way laws are all we can do is minimize their damage to normal people.

Do you have any data on how many needy people are not able to access that care for one reason or another?
Tons of people do given that Medicare and Medicaid are the second biggest spending items behind social security.

Tons of people do given that Medicare and Medicaid are the second biggest spending items behind social security.
OK, but that's not the question I asked. Consider this,

OK, but that's not the question I asked. Consider this,
The programs are designed for needy people, so my answer is to the question. Every person using them is by definition needy because that's who the programs are for.

Picking Canada as comparator is like picking the lame duck among countries with social safety nets. Nothing here runs properly compared to many European and Scandinavian countries. At least you know where it is on the map though.

Sweden has a homeless rate of 5 per 10,000 vs the US' 18 per 10,000. Sweden also counts people in shelters and subsidized housing as being "homeless," so effectively their homelessness rate is nearly 0.

Comparing racially homogenous countries with tiny populations and way less drug problems to a country like America isn't a good comparison either.

Does Sweden share a porous border with a failed state run by drug cartels?

The programs are designed for needy people, so my answer is to the question. Every person using them is by definition needy because that's who the programs are for.
I didn't comment on whether they're needy or not. I asked about the number of people who qualify for such services but don't/can't use them due to barriers to access, and then I provided data that supports the notion that these barriers are very real and affecting many people.

And your reply? Well, the people who do use them are needy. Good answer. <36>

I didn't comment on whether they're needy or not. I asked about the number of people who qualify for such services but don't/can't use them due to barriers to access, and then I provided data that supports the notion that these barriers are very real and affecting many people.

And your reply? Well, the people who do use them are needy. Good answer. <36>
You asked for data that doesn't exist and is hard to measure. I provided data that does and is easy to measure. Either way it is irrelevant to the point. These homeless people have access to healthcare. Hospitals are also not allowed to turn people away in emergencies either. It's one of the reasons that hospital bills are so high, the people who pay also have to subsidize those who don't on top of Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, VA healthcare, etc.

How do you give somebody who has nothing a ticket . I swear these people are retarded.

How do you give somebody who has nothing a ticket . I swear these people are retarded.
I'm told ITT t's just so they can get it on the record they've been charged with an offense to make it easier to more easily harass them with more serious charges later on.

I didn't comment on whether they're needy or not. I asked about the number of people who qualify for such services but don't/can't use them due to barriers to access

The biggest barrier to access is they don't let you shoot up in the shelters.

I'm told ITT t's just so they can get it on the record they've been charged with an offense to make it easier to more easily harass them with more serious charges later on.

I'll take homeless drug addicts getting harrassed over law abiding citzens getting robbed, assaulted, raped and murdered.

Healthcare is a human right. Also the people on private insurance are being bankrupted and having their healthcare rationed and are also needy. There is no class in the US which has secure healthcare whether this be because of public means testing or private rationing. Even the rich are going to get drained its only a question if they can tank it.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I just had to repeat it ahain Lol living outside in extreme conditions and struggling to survive doesn't motivate them but a charge or fine will.

The problem is most not all of the homeless are that way because of drugs, alcohol being one of the major drugs of choice.

There are shelters but you have to follow the rules which they don't want to do.

You can't "just be nice to them" and control that problem.

The only way to try and help them is forced commitment. Which the liberals scream and throw a fit if it's brought up. Then the Republicans don't want to fund.

So we move on to what to do to keep them from fucking up everyone else's life. The only way that works is to push them to areas normal people do have to put up with their crazy shit. Aslo to control their interactions with normal people.

The lefts idea that if "we are just nice to them" the unicorn will fart rainbows and everything will be OK is bullshit and only make the life's of normal people and their families shit.

I'm all for helping people that actively want help and are programs out there to do just that. Especially for women with families.

However some people are just a write off because that's what they choose. For them with the way laws are all we can do is minimize their damage to normal people.
Shelters are usually full and not places people want to be anyways. Can't bring your pets or belongings, get all your stuff stolen, have people OD right beside you, subject to violencer. My wife has clients that would rather sleep outside and I don't blame them

Nope. Never said they did.

But if you closes parks at night, now you have a charge you can use to get them off the street.

Which is what this is all about. Getting violent criminals off the street where they can't hurt innocent people or steal/damage property.
Which penalizes regular people, ignores people sleeping during the day, and doesn't do anything about greenspaces which are not gated/curfewed parks. You know, the 90% of my post that you ignored.

Which penalizes regular people, ignores people sleeping during the day, and doesn't do anything about greenspaces which are not gated/curfewed parks. You know, the 90% of my post that you ignored.

Yeaj tou brought up a bunch of irrelevant shit so I ignored it.

Back