Can Fedor KO Sonnen out old?

Reported.

giphy.webp

Mir was more dangerous matchup to Fedor than Sonnen and Mir took a face first astral travel into the shadow realm via Fedor's fistic banishment

The thing with Sonnen is he is always a surprise win or lose. Look at the Silva and Shogun fights. He was written off like a scrub yet he took the fight to them and even if he lost the Silva fight he landed on the feet and dropped him.

As for Mir, he is slow and plodding...Two things you don't want to be against Fedor. Sonnen is quick, quicker guys have given Fedor the most issues.

Considering he has never been knocked out in his 45 fights and been knocked down like twice. A very underrated chin imho. I feel he could take Fedor haymakers for the first round and then blanket him.

TYPO: Knocked out COLD

Sorry.

hopefully

Mir was more dangerous matchup to Fedor than Sonnen and Mir took a face first astral travel into the shadow realm via Fedor's fistic banishment

Hahaha. Such a fantastic post. I love it.

“fistic banishment”!

Funny how far fedor fans have stooped. Hoping he kos sonnen. Haha

nah they keep expecting him to do things no one else has done
plus sonnen, with his history, will probably be on juice, and henderson showed how much doping can change a fighter, so it won't be that easy

Sonnen has good "defensive striking". By that I mean he usually doesn't do much damage to his opponents but they can't do anything to him either because he shuts down their offense. It's kinda similar to Khabib's striking,on paper it looks a bit choppy and weak yet no one was able to really outpoint or outstrike him in 26 fights (he got hit by Johnson a couple of times and that's it). Chael was knocked down like twice in his entire career and he has been fighting since 1997 so his stand up abilities are underrated.

I think that Fedor can knock him out but I won't bet on it. I actually think Fedor might have better chances to finish this fight if he takes Chael down himself. That's where Chael is proven to be bad,his ground game off the back is pitiful. He doesn't like to get put in that position and covers up like a turtle (Jones,Rashad,Tito,Maia and some other fights). I'd pick Fedor over Chael 65% to 35%,which means that he is a favourite overall but I won't be surprised if he loses

Last edited:
chael was never dropped lol. even in his fight with wand he was making chicken dance as soon as he got hit. when fedor connects he will turtle up and get choked

Fedor should bludgeon Sonnen senseless unless he's able to tap first. It'll be glorious to behold.
But, if Sonnen is able to quickly get Fedor down, we could be in for a boring, depressing night.

Fedor is a wildcard as his decline is very real, but impossible to predict how fast it is advancing.
Chael is the king wildcard - you never know what you gonna get. Can beat anyone, can lose to anyone.

I give it to Fedor by KO because he can still negate Chael's wrestling and total lack of offensive sub game.

Back