Can anybody dislike Robert Whittaker?

You should maybe educate yourself on the world of martial arts. Not everyone acts like Conor McGregor or Rousey.

I'm not saying you have to act like conor to be popular it just helps alot and makes being a fan more enjoyable, Rousey wasn't popular because of her personality though it was because of her being the first high profile dominate female champ.

I don't dislike him, he's super chill, but I also feel like he's hard to be overly interested in either way. He seems like a polite robot that just shows up to fight and goes home and plays video games. And that's better than a lot of the alternatives, he just doesn't get me emotionally invested either way. I don't love him, I don't love to hate him. He's just kind of there. And while he's a beast, I don't find his style to be particularly interesting either. The MW division would be more exciting for me if Luke took the belt.

its simply impossible to please and appease everyone so of course there would be people that hate him for whatever stupid reason that said he doesn't make it easy to hate him the dude really is a gent

Not a fan, but nothing to hate about the guy.

Pretty sad when in today’s mma you’re considered exceptionally nice for not acting like a complete shitstain.

It should be impossible to dislike him.
But if he becomes champ for a while people will find a way.
Everyone loves great challengers, but as soon as someone's held the belt for a while the dislikes will commence.

Dislike? No.

But I'm personally not a fan.

I respect him as both a fighter and a person so I honestly don't have anything negative to say about the guy. I just don't ever see myself rooting for him or becoming a big fan.

It's not the marketing/charisma aspect. It's harder to put your finger on. Some fighters just have an "it" factor that causes me to gravitate towards rooting for them.

With Whittaker I'm not rooting against him or anything but I've just never felt compelled to get on board and seeing as how he's made it to the top there is no sense jumping on the bandwagon after the fact.

Whether I root for him or not he knows what he's doing and he will be fine. I wish him nothing but the best.
giphy.gif

Nah, Whitaker is pure class.

My 2nd favorite fighter after GSP.

Kinda happy they didn't fought each other.

Why second?

GSP's cowardice should have dropped him down in your ranks some, no?

Why second?

GSP's cowardice should have dropped him down in your ranks some, no?

Not at all, GSP pissing off Dana make me like him even more.

He came back after 4 yrs off
at 185lbs for the first time of his career
Vs the guy who had the belt
and was dominant.

Pretty impressive.

Yes he's a sweetheart but I can't help but feel he can't continue to overperform, I expect Rockhold to win.

Aha, I just don’t want him to fight Weidman

Chris is my boy but I don’t like rooting against Whittaker :mad:<45>

Real difficult one but I have to stick with the Chris

I thought he was pretty overrated but now I don't see that

wasn't surprised he beat Jacare, Jacare is kinda overrated and hasn't got the best of chins

seems like a cool guy
but i think rockhold gets the sub

I was rooting for Jacare and Romero in their fights with Whittaker but I can't hate them man. Dude was all class after he beat them and he deserves that strap.

Yah it’s difficult to dislike Whitaker seems like a good dude.

I take it none of you saw him on TUF. Seemed like a smug arrogant twat, as bad as Rockhold. The OTT chest thump is annoying too.

He does seem more likeable since though, I concede. And he's turned into an excellent fighter. In the space of 3 fights or so, he's proved to be clearly the best middleweight in the world.
Are you sure you remember the season correctly? I watched it religously because two of the guys I trained with were in the house. He was polite to everyone, never got lippy or attacked a fool.

I'm not sure why the chest pump thing bothers you so much. Gotta get yourself pumped up somehow, and there's more cringey things like Jones' spider walk nonsense.

Back