Can anybody dislike Robert Whittaker?

Another case of a fight where we need to see who is going up faster as opposed to one fighter going down slowly. That will be the difference in the outcome here and usually it is the person going up faster who wins the contest. The other X factor is then who is over 30 and who is under 30 also is a determinant of the victor.

If he keeps winning, some on here will hate him for being nice, you can count on that.

Jacaré, Yoel and Rockhold in a row would make quite the fucking resume.

And this for a guy who as fighting at WW.

After the Romero fight I said that if someone watched that, and wasn't a fan of Whittaker after the fact, then they have a problem.

It was hilarious in the pre-fight buildup when Bisping was trying to claim that Whittaker was talking trash about him, and Whittaker immediately just shuts that down and says the Bisping is the real champ and it would be an honor to fight him

for me he is definitely in that category of people you just can't dislike. along with Shogun, GSP, Wonderboy, Frankie and... I am sure I forgot about someone.

Last edited:
Whittaker has defied expectations and the odds to become one of the best P4P fighters on the planet. He's as violent in the ring as he is humble outside of it. Arguably the most likeable current champion.

Man.. I just saw his press conference with Luke who is a pretty unlikeable guy.

The way Whittaker handles himself is pure class. I still have to see him talk trash about an opponent. Even his opponents cant find an angle to say anything negative against the guy.

Plus he ducks no one.
He comes from beating Brunson (KO), Jacare (KO) and Yoel (on one leg). He is about to defend his title for the first time and if he beats Rockhold he already cleaned out all the top contenders.

Impressive as hell for a guy that maybe did not hit his prime yet.
Amen.
That's a proper professional: humble, works hard & does his job.

Man.. I just saw his press conference with Luke who is a pretty unlikeable guy.

The way Whittaker handles himself is pure class. I still have to see him talk trash about an opponent. Even his opponents cant find an angle to say anything negative against the guy.

Plus he ducks no one.
He comes from beating Brunson (KO), Jacare (KO) and Yoel (on one leg). He is about to defend his title for the first time and if he beats Rockhold he already cleaned out all the top contenders.

Impressive as hell for a guy that maybe did not hit his prime yet.

it was also impressive for me how he handled the trashtalk from bisping.
the guy has character.

Yoel was not able to take him down,dont think that Luke will be able to do it.
I see an early KO by Robert

It's a breath of fresh air to have champs like Whittaker and Rose.

Being yourself goes a long way towards making fans.

GSP made a great career out of beating up trash talkers.

FUCK Whittaker
ysf.gif

It's relatively trivial for a life loser who lives vicariously through rival fighters to justify hating anyone.

It's unfortunate, but sports are filled with those types.

Whittaker is probably the most likeable guy in the division. Luke might be the biggest dick in the division. That will not mean much when Luke dominates him.

Another case of a fight where we need to see who is going up faster as opposed to one fighter going down slowly. That will be the difference in the outcome here and usually it is the person going up faster who wins the contest. The other X factor is then who is over 30 and who is under 30 also is a determinant of the victor.

<{Joewithit}>

He seems like a good guy. Hard not to like him.

Back