Calling it now

The way Edgar dominated Yair, taking him down at will, making it look easy... Volk should win if he's not looking past him. Volk is a goat, and I'm an Islam beard hugger.
Volk should win but if you're looking at the Yair that fought Edgar you're in for a huge shock. Completely different fighter to the guy that exists today.

Yair Rodriguez is going to beat Alexander Volkanowski.

Yair is too tall and too quick. He will keep volk outside and kick him in the legs and body and maybe some spinning shit. Volk will panic wrestle and either be unable to get yair down or get subbed when it does go down.

people will then claim volk is now past his prime and the fight with islam took a lot out of him.
W4Er.gif

c'mon bruz. Volk is going to beat Ya'hair & make him look crap. Panic wrestle, lol.

Volk should win but if you're looking at the Yair that fought Edgar you're in for a huge shock. Completely different fighter to the guy that exists today.
I'll be shocked if he improved his TDD so much that the rugby juggernaut has trouble. But hey, I'll root for the guy so long as he starts being more active.

I'll be shocked if he improved his TDD so much that the rugby juggernaut has trouble. But hey, I'll root for the guy so long as he starts being more active.
His TDD is still shaky. His offense off his back has improved tremendously however. He will hurt you with strikes from the bottom, he throws them with nasty intent. Elbows, hammer fists, upkicks if you stand over him and give him the space. He will throw up his legs looking for triangles and armbars. He won't give whoever is on top of him time to breathe and certainly won't allow them to be comfortable there.
He's just very good at making it a very long and painful night for his opponent no matter where the fight takes place.

I'm expecting Volk to win, but guaranteed he will know he's been in a fight afterwards. I think it will be like the Ortega fight somewhat, only with Yair doing more damage on the feet early before Volk adjusts.

No amount of training will erase when Frankie Edgar held him down like a child and tortured him. No matter how long ago it was. Volk could do the same.

Buttttt Volk would probably keep it standing and get kicked in the head

I think Volk is the best p4p fighter on earth, but I think Yair has a decent shot at the W. Im leaning Volk but its only 60/40 fot me. The speed and unpredictability he has right now make him a really tough fight for anyone.

That said, I think Volk finds a way.

Yair is too tall and too quick. He will keep volk outside and kick him in the legs and body and maybe some spinning shit. Volk will panic wrestle and either be unable to get yair down or get subbed when it does go down.

people will then claim volk is now past his prime and the fight with islam took a lot out of him.
Lol we were on the same side last event. This time I think you're smoking dicks

Unfortunately I see volkanovski wrestling in this fight. Hopefully yair can keep it standing

Volk will not only beat him. I believe he will finish him in the 4th round

Out of curiosity asking the ones predicting a Yair victory. How do you believe he can win? By what way?
I don't know if I'm predicting him to win but I think Yair could get an early knockout or submission.

I get a feeling that Volks will embarrass Yair more than Frankie did.

Volk just gave Khabib 2.0 the hardest fight of his career a weight class up.

This just confirms my impression that Volk is criminally underrated.

Yair has that I can win every fight if I just pick my shots better but I spam 300 kicks and start brawling IQ

If he fought like Jon Jones and just picks people apart methodically over 5 rounds he'd be the fave

But he has that dawg in him, so I don't know he must just go full viva le mexico mode and either lose a decision or KO volk spectacularly

New matchup, but this one probably goes down similar to the Frankie Edgar fight, having said that, its not like Yair Rodriguez is the same fighter now, younger and flashy, he might get it done by TKO/Sub if he catches Volk who has to be at a range disadvantage.

Yair was seconds away from losing to the Korean Zombie. He's good but he's not Volk.

I don't see it to be honest. Volk is far more well rounded

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back