Calling it now

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Yair Rodriguez is going to beat Alexander Volkanowski.

Yair is too tall and too quick. He will keep volk outside and kick him in the legs and body and maybe some spinning shit. Volk will panic wrestle and either be unable to get yair down or get subbed when it does go down.

people will then claim volk is now past his prime and the fight with islam took a lot out of him.

Yair has improved a lot, I still think Volk will win a decision but I do think Yair will do better than a lot think. Won't be surprised if its a very close decision
this will happen only if he can avoid being taken down somehow, otherwise it will be ground and pound and deep water fiesta

this is a very bold statement, Yair is flashy and cool but Volk is a relentless tank, the kind of fighter that gives flashy strikers hard times all the time
Yair isn't just flashy, he's tough, crafty and has genuine nasty streak.

I think this is going to be a tougher fight for Volk than many expect but I do think Volk will be able to pressure Yair standing to mitigate getting kicked to death, the kicks will still be a problem but Volk isn't going to allow himself to get stuck at range vs Yair. I think he'll probably give Yair a boxing lesson in punching distance and mix in his wrestling and clinching against the cage. I expect a tough first 2 rounds and then Volk pulls away with the fight down the later half.

Volk lost his last fight. Of course most of you think that

The only thing that matters here is your last fight
Although true. That is not my basis for the claim. I think yair is that good and its a bad matchup for volk. People here are calling volk the best p4p and most skilled fighter on the planet. And im saying yair will beat him.

Volk will not only beat him. I believe he will finish him in the 4th round

Out of curiosity asking the ones predicting a Yair victory. How do you believe he can win? By what way?
In my OP. But to be specific. 4th rd submission, accumulated kicks take their toll but volk is too tough to get tko’d but eventually gets rnc’d

I do actually think Yair is the toughest matchup in the division for Volk. He's nasty, mean as fuck, constantly attacks from every position whether it's striking, against the cage, on top or even off his back. He makes you defensive even if you get him into a disadvantageous position.

Having said that I do think Volk will come out of the other side and just scrape a victory, but I think it will be a war and Volk will take a lot of damage in doing so.

Yair Rodriguez is going to beat Alexander Volkanowski.

Yair is too tall and too quick. He will keep volk outside and kick him in the legs and body and maybe some spinning shit. Volk will panic wrestle and either be unable to get yair down or get subbed when it does go down.

people will then claim volk is now past his prime and the fight with islam took a lot out of him.
Well bolk is 35 now. So there is a chance. Prime volk would smash him.

A few years back when he was first introduced, I don’t think anyone expected Yair to be so gritty

Volk lost his last fight. Of course most of you think that

The only thing that matters here is your last fight
I was just going to say this lmfao. Got to love this. I can't believe anyone thought volk was ever champ material he sucks and is a bum and will never win a fight again especially bc he fight a much much much larger dominant fighter in a higher weight classes. How dare he ever step foot in the cage again that disgrace!!!

I think this is going to be a tougher fight for Volk than many expect but I do think Volk will be able to pressure Yair standing to mitigate getting kicked to death, the kicks will still be a problem but Volk isn't going to allow himself to get stuck at range vs Yair. I think he'll probably give Yair a boxing lesson in punching distance and mix in his wrestling and clinching against the cage. I expect a tough first 2 rounds and then Volk pulls away with the fight down the later half.
I agree - Volk is going to win by pressuring Yair against the cage, boxing him up close, staying out pf kicking range, mixing in wrestling to keep him guessing. This may seem like a stretch, but this match-up reminds me of Pettis vs RDA - a flashy kicker vs a guy who is solid everywhere without being flashy, and wins by sticking to a grinding game plan in close quarters.

The way Edgar dominated Yair, taking him down at will, making it look easy... Volk should win if he's not looking past him. Volk is a goat, and I'm an Islam beard hugger.

Back