Calling it now

Yair did look very very good in his last fight, a masterful performance but its hard to look good against Volk

Remember how good Max looked after dominating Calvin and how bad Max looked against Volk?

Too tall? Max is as tall, if not taller. They're billed the same, but Max definitely stands taller

Yair is looking better than ever. He's creative with his striking and scrambling. He can whip high kicks without telegraphing them and there's always a chance Volk catches one on the dome.

I agree - Volk is going to win by pressuring Yair against the cage, boxing him up close, staying out pf kicking range, mixing in wrestling to keep him guessing. This may seem like a stretch, but this match-up reminds me of Pettis vs RDA - a flashy kicker vs a guy who is solid everywhere without being flashy, and wins by sticking to a grinding game plan in close quarters.
I think the comparison is valid when you are talking about what Volk's strategy will be. I think Yair is meaner and tougher than Pettis though. Pettis was a very talented guy but he would crack or even break at times. Yair is an a absolute dog, he's a warrior. I expect Volk to try and use a lot of wrestling. I'm a big Yair fan, I can't wait for the fight.

Yair Rodriguez is going to beat Alexander Volkanowski.

Yair is too tall and too quick. He will keep volk outside and kick him in the legs and body and maybe some spinning shit. Volk will panic wrestle and either be unable to get yair down or get subbed when it does go down.

people will then claim volk is now past his prime and the fight with islam took a lot out of him.

I'm pulling for Yair as well.

Whether it's fighter miles or age we know that eventually Volk will lose. That is the only thing we know. Beyond that there isn't a single fucking compelling reason for anyone to pick Yair over Volk at this point.

In my OP. But to be specific. 4th rd submission, accumulated kicks take their toll but volk is too tough to get tko’d but eventually gets rnc’d

So Islam can't even get close to a rnc, but Yair will?

Did you miss what Volk did to max? He lit him up and barely got touched

I think you're deluded because Yair looked good vs Emmet.

So Islam can't even get close to a rnc, but Yair will?

Did you miss what Volk did to max? He lit him up and barely got touched

I think you're deluded because Yair looked good vs Emmet.
No, styles make fights. And mma math is dumb.

Islam couldnt submit volk because he was not hurting him with strikes. It was a grappling match for many minutes. What im saying yair would hurt volk on the feet and finish him with strikes into a sub.

Back