Calling all Irish Sherbros, is Conor McGregor really liked that much in Ireland?

You guys are pussies.

Would hate to be from the South. We have balls up here, nationalist and unionists alike.
Say what you want about the south but it is by far the nicest, most peaceful part of Ireland. How dare they succeed at life like that!!

You guys are pussies.

Would hate to be from the South. We have balls up here, nationalist and unionists alike.

Have fun ravaging yourselves with your balls, lad.
You were going on about how Ravaged ye are 2 minutes ago and now Unionists and Nationalists are united by their balls. Which i assume you are both proud and humble of.

From my experience its very mixed. I know many who think he is a scumbag but to others hes a legend.

How many famous people make it big and never return to their home town and live happily ever after in other parts of the world and their name lives on for years globally
Less than you think. And I'm not going to act like that's already in anybody's stars when they're still riding high. It's presumptuous.

I like loud mouth fighters If they show heart like Ali. He lost, but never folded under pressure.
I think against Diaz he may have, but I think against Mayweather he showed a shit load of heart, he was being beaten from pillar to post and didn't even take a knee, against Khabib he got beat to shit in round 2 and came back in round three on the offensive to win the round, I don't know how any of us can talk about heart, there's not a single person on sherdog who's take that beating in round 2 and even want to surface the following round never mind win it.

A friend of mine lived in Dublin for some time and he said that they don’t particularly like Conor.

I think against Diaz he may have, but I think against Mayweather he showed a shit load of heart, he was being beaten from pillar to post and didn't even take a knee, against Khabib he got beat to shit in round 2 and came back in round three on the offensive to win the round, I don't know how any of us can talk about heart, there's not a single person on sherdog who's take that beating in round 2 and even want to surface the following round never mind win it.
He also cheated in most of those fights. Sometimes repeatedly. Sometimes deliberately out of ref's view.

I disagree mate. When he's near beat he accepts it willingly. (my opinion)

Look at what Fury done the other week?

That Is a guy with real heart!

Conor is a talented fighter, just not my cup of tea. I have disliked him since he beat Mendes, but started to despise him since Floyd.

Less than you think. And I'm not going to act like that's already in anybody's stars when they're still riding high. It's presumptuous.
It really depends on life goals, as a father myself I'd happily exchange being Mr popular in my local to having a few enemies if it meant I could set my wife and children up for life financially. EVerything he's done has been calculated from day one so I'm sure he accepted this would be the case.

He also cheated in most of those fights. Sometimes repeatedly. Sometimes deliberately out of ref's view.
So has sherdog goat Jon Jones with eye pokes, so has GSP covering himself in grease, so did Yoel stool gate, so have numerous fighters such as Anderson using banned substances.

Regardless of nationality it seems to go off education level.

My parents in law are both Irish. Father is a mechanic and will get hyped for the fights and repeat shit like “I’m an Irish gorilla”with like Irish pride heavy in his voice.

Mother is educated business owner and thinks he’s an embarrassment and shouldn’t wave the Irish flag around. Neither actually watch him fight though hahahaha.

Seems to be the same for everyone else. All the dead head brick flippers I’ve met in my life think McGregor is an inspiration. While anyone with half an ounce of self respect thinks he’s a wanker.

EVerything he's done has been calculated from day one
<1>
So has sherdog goat Jon Jones with eye pokes, so has GSP covering himself in grease, so did Yoel stool gate, so have numerous fighters such as Anderson using banned substances.
You can try to paint it however you want, or drag down other fighters with him, but the main thing is he's not nearly as noble as you're trying to paint him as. Cheating when things aren't going well for your in the cage shows a lack of heart and composure.

Have fun ravaging yourselves with your balls, lad.
You were going on about how Ravaged ye are 2 minutes ago and now Unionists and Nationalists are united by their balls. Which i assume you are both proud and humble of.

Fuck politics bro. I don't hate the Irish, just enjoy a reaction.

I don't hate unionists either (the ones that still have their teeth)

I'm just not a fan of Conor. I was a huge fan at the beginning. I still madly respected him after Eddie, despite my personal feelings.

Now I just see another Floyd Mayweather, only Floyd had the talent to keep going while he chased money.

I don't get why this response? Before this we were at least holding a mature conversation. Conor said he wanted to get in, get rich and get out again. He never had this persona earlier on in his career in cage warriors, it's almost completely put on to make money hence saying its only business, is it right or wrong that's all down to personal preference really, I happen to think it's funny as fuck.

RTE is a fucking Joke and in no way represents the Irish people, it's forced upon us because there used to be only 3 Irish terrestrial TV Channels and 2 of them were RTE, so unless you could get the British Channels, which a lot of people couldn't that's all you were left with,

Also the licence fee is still charged to all households in the Country to fund the fat bloated paychecks of the Planks in front of the cameras and behind the mics even though there are near constant advertisements

RTE is rife with political Bias and nepotism, Irish people hate RTE more than they hate McGregor.

Fuck RTE

That's like saying the BBC one means nothing, it's idiotic. Which Irish Sports Award gets more coverage in Ireland?
Just because you don't like RTE it doesn't mean RTE 1 isn't the most watched channel in Ireland either.

Look where I'm from, telling me about the Irish tv licence fee is cute, like lots of things in Ireland you just copied that from us even things after independence and I'm not from the US so it's not news to me.

Who has the UFC tv rights in Ireland btw? Oh yeah BT Sport and what does the B bit stand for?

And of the one's listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTÉ_Sports_Person_of_the_Year who do the Irish (or just you) hate? Conor and the drug cheat swimmer?

Regardless of nationality it seems to go off education level.

My parents in law are both Irish. Father is a mechanic and will get hyped for the fights and repeat shit like “I’m an Irish gorilla”with like Irish pride heavy in his voice.

Mother is educated business owner and thinks he’s an embarrassment and shouldn’t wave the Irish flag around. Neither actually watch him fight though hahahaha.

Seems to be the same for everyone else. All the dead head brick flippers I’ve met in my life think McGregor is an inspiration. While anyone with half an ounce of self respect thinks he’s a wanker.
To be fair, I know hardly any women who even like MMA full stop here in Ireland,
And you might want to cover yourself up, your snobbery is on full display

I don't get why this response? Before this we were at least holding a mature conversation. Conor said he wanted to get in, get rich and get out again. He never had this persona earlier on in his career in cage warriors, it's almost completely put on to make money hence saying its only business, is it right or wrong that's all down to personal preference really I happen to think it's funny as fuck.

Apples and oranges mate.

I will say one thing. I would rather have 100 McGregor's than Dillon Danis and James Gallagher.

I don't get why this response? Before this we were at least holding a mature conversation. Conor said he wanted to get in, get rich and get out again. He never had this persona earlier on in his career in cage warriors, it's almost completely put on to make money hence saying its only business, is it right or wrong that's all down to personal preference really I happen to think it's funny as fuck.
I'm using it because painting his entire career with a wide golden brush like he's playing 4d chess is number one bullshit. He's in, he's rich, but he's by no means 'out' yet. And he's made plenty of bad decisions, they just haven't fully played out yet. Again, he's riding high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back