Calling all Irish Sherbros, is Conor McGregor really liked that much in Ireland?

That's like saying the BBC one means nothing, it's idiotic. Which Irish Sports Award gets more coverage in Ireland?
Just because you don't like RTE it doesn't mean RTE 1 isn't the most watched channel in Ireland either.

Look where I'm from, telling me about the Irish tv licence fee is cute, like lots of things in Ireland you just copied that from us even things after independence and I'm not from the US so it's not news to me.

Who has the UFC tv rights in Ireland btw? Oh yeah BT Sport and what does the B bit stand for?

And of the one's listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTÉ_Sports_Person_of_the_Year who do the Irish (or just you) hate? Conor and the drug cheat swimmer?
I was Just ranting about a corrupt and second tier company, that had close to a monopoly for years

And to be fair, 2016 was the first year that there was an open public vote for the winner and not a panel of RTE "Experts"

I hate no sportspeople, just RTE the company

I'm using it because painting his entire career with a wide golden brush like he's playing 4d chess is number one bullshit. He's in, he's rich, but he's by no means 'out' yet. And he's made plenty of bad decisions, they just haven't fully played out yet. Again, he's riding high.
What bad decisions has he made that haven't played out yet? He doesn't seem to spend loads for a starters, that's pretty wise, he's started a whiskey company that can't keep drinks on the shelves long enough.

Apart from his daft arrests for driving violations and the dolly incident which are all sorted I can't see much he's doing wrong from a financial stand point?

He needs to up his game however if he wants to remain competitive in MMA, which is a big reason why he is where he is.

Apples and oranges mate.

I will say one thing. I would rather have 100 McGregor's than Dillon Danis and James Gallagher.
Agreed haha I appreciate Dillons grappling mind and think he could be some force in the future.

Agreed haha I appreciate Dillons grappling mind and think he could be some force in the future.

He has good grappling but I hate that dude.

In fact If Conor publically humiliates him, I will worship him forever lol

I don't think he will be a force. His striking looks dreadful.

He has good grappling but I hate that dude.

In fact If Conor publically humiliates him, I will worship him forever lol

I don't think he will be a force. His striking looks dreadful.
Yeah it wasn't terrific, Maia's wasn't too hot when he first crossed over then he became K1 Maia for a while if you remember, but then he neglected his grappling which was his strong point and almost totally ditched his decent striking when going back to a grappling heavy game again, weird how he never quite got the balance right.

I have no idea where you're getting this stuff.
His own coach, almost everything he wears is given to him from designers to sell the brand, cars are rented or given to him to drive around in because of who he is.

It's kind of split between those who like him no matter what, those who are MMA fans for years and were proud of him but are now tired of his shit and want him to get back to fighting and taking it seriously, and those who hate him nonmatter what because we're a nation of begrudgers and scorn anyone who's in anyway brash, confident or flashy.

In total I asked 4 people about him

giphy.gif

almost everything he wears is given to him from designers to sell the brand, cars are rented or given to him to drive around
That's such a leap. I wouldn't have any reason to think that's how it is for him, especially seeing his custom "FUCK YOU" suit or how he shops on his embedded. Or how he parties. Or how he drinks. Or how he might do other things.

For what its worth, I met a guy from Ireland while I was at a bar a couple years ago. Well, he had an accent that sounded Irish (based off what little I know) and said he was from there. Ended up asking him if McGregor is really that big over there. His response was something to the effect of, McGregor is the Justin Bieber of Ireland.
I interpreted that as having a huge fan base, but never really seem to encounter a true fan.

That's such a leap. I wouldn't have any reason to think that's how it is for him, especially seeing his custom "FUCK YOU" suit or how he shops on his embedded. Or how he parties. Or how he drinks. Or how he might do other things.
His custom suits are done in partnership with David August, August made them especially for him to wear on big occasions and now they have a collaborated McGregor collection together so yeah he paid nothing for them.
And drink is peanuts fella, half of it is probably image and what is a few party nights when you have over 100 million, compare that to idiots like Mayweather who owns 30 cars over £100,000 which depreciate the moment they leave the show room.

His custom suits are done in partnership with David August, August made them especially for him to wear on big occasions and now they have a collaborated McGregor collection together so yeah he paid nothing for them.
Fair enough. I stand corrected on the suits. I'll bow out of this one and just say time will certainly tell on where his finances end up. Bad or good.

Fair enough. I stand corrected on the suits. I'll bow out of this one and just say time will certainly tell on where his finances end up. Bad or good.
Agreed, I hope he realises his fighting record will directly effect his drawing power in other areas, another couple of wins even against non top 5 guys will do him great in the casuals eyes, a couple of bad losses will hurt his overall brand though, he has to get back to the drawing board fighting wise.

This is a cop out.

There are a thousands of celebrities you could choose to be jealous of who are way better off than you, but good natured people are usually always well liked. People just don't like pricks.
Exactly lol, look at the Rock, rich as shit and one of the most famous and successful people on the planet, yet has literally zero haters because he's likeable and just a good guy. (no homo)

Last edited:
All the irish people i know think he is embarassing

In general, it goes like this (in America):

Americans whose families once came from Ireland and know Jack shit about their imaginary homeland praise him. (Until he started losing, anyway)

Actual people from Ireland with sound minds (who follow the sport and know a decent amount about Conor) think he's an utter douche and don't respect his character.

To summarize, morons love him.

nothing new about Mcg.

The thing here is, 4 people is not a real survey about how irish people see Mcg since what Frankie said about the Foyd fight which, it was just a hype job that A LOT OF CASUALS FELL FOR IT.
Either way, we know he's a drunk cokehead jabroni but he draws money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back