Caio Terra vs Budo Jake

It was 8, I think, though I think Caio counted 9. He had Jake locked up when time expired.

The candy diet is just the fact that Caio eats sweets in the morning, eats lunch, and then sweets after that. He goes off of candy a couple weeks prior to a tournament and gets rather cranky, so he's actually worried that he might have some sort of a medical issue. He says he's planning on seeing a doctor. I don't think he has diabetes, because although that would make it possible for him to eat candy without gaining weight, I don't think he'd have the explosive energy he seems to have on the mat. (Your body converts blood sugar into energy via insulin, unless you have no insulin in which case you'd pee all the sugar out.)

Wow, I was spot on! :)

Does the vid still work for you?

Another great job by Budovideos and Jake!

Might I request you do one with Cobrinha now that he is in Los Angeles? (You guys are located there right?)

Of course, I wanna see one with Marcelo Garcia too. I want to see how many taps he can get on you in 7 minutes :)

It's back up guys. Sorry bout that.

Wow Jake that little guy is a Beast!!! It's crazy how those small little details take your game to a whole new level.

Thanks buddy~!

Awesome epsiode as usual Jake. Keep 'em coming. I have started to use the knee shield pass which he(Caio) showed in the first episode and it actually works. Go figure.. :)

Just need to make sure to drive the knee far enough in the step to put his back flat on the ground. All these details......

Thanks for the comments guys.

@bigstaff - Man, Caio is great at pointing out all those small details that make the difference of success or failure. Because of his size he doesn't have the luxury of forcing something to work. Small guys are forced to do things just right.

@kying418 - I filmed a roll I did with Cobrinha when I was a blue belt and I'm not sure it would be much different now, but I do hope to do an episode with him soon!

It would be cool to have an episode with Roleta..Isn't he teaching in the states now?? Or Ryan Hall would be awesome as well.

Also are you for real about him only eating one meal a day and candy?????!!!

Cant wait yo get home so I can lol at Jake gettin the business!

Awesome video budo jake! You should roll with every black belt you have on all future episodes and see who could tap you the most. lol

Great job with budo videos Jake you guys have a great selection of videos and are a great asset to the bjj community!

Great work Jake! Try to get Hall or Marcelo pls, tnx.

Awesome diet BTW

It would be cool to have an episode with Roleta..Isn't he teaching in the states now?? Or Ryan Hall would be awesome as well.

Also are you for real about him only eating one meal a day and candy?????!!!

Yes, Roleta would be great. I haven't heard of him being in the US though. If that's true please let me know!

Hall would be great too. It's always easier coordinating things with west coast guys though since I'm out here.

And yes, Caio's candy diet is for real. And for that one meal that he does eat - at least for the week he stayed with me was McDonalds every day. I never eat fast food and felt like crap from eating it. He on the other hand couldn't be happier with his 2 cheeseburgers and large carmel machiato coffee shake. :)

Imagine how much of a force he would be with proper nutrition.

Does he do any work off the mats: weights, yoga, plyometrics, etc?

awesome!!!! what was the cause of the 5th tap?

edit: dvd.... must... have.

Last edited:
Yes, Roleta would be great. I haven't heard of him being in the US though. If that's true please let me know!

Hall would be great too. It's always easier coordinating things with west coast guys though since I'm out here.

And yes, Caio's candy diet is for real. And for that one meal that he does eat - at least for the week he stayed with me was McDonalds every day. I never eat fast food and felt like crap from eating it. He on the other hand couldn't be happier with his 2 cheeseburgers and large carmel machiato coffee shake. :)

Ironically, if he is eating one meal at Mcd (2 cheeseburgers, coffee shake, etc), and candy, he probably isnt getting enough calories for the amount of training he does.

It seems like a lot of top athletes eat crappy......How is that?????

Back