Cain has gone past the 2nd round 4 times in his career

I get what you're saying but come on pre usada his pace and gas tank were insane. Ben Rothwell antonio silva couldn't hang with his pace what so ever and got stopped for it. I don't buy that sea level stuff though , nothing drains your energy like getting hit and he was getting hit alot by werdum.

Those fights lasted an average of 4 minutes. Even Ngannou might have had enough in the tank to pull them off.

So all his fights which end in the 1st and 2nd round prove he has incredible cardio?
It plays a role in it. He applies ruthless pressure on his opponents and basically controls the entire fight by being in his opponents face, while using his great cardio to apply that ferocious pressure.

It plays a role in it. He applies ruthless pressure on his opponents and basically controls the entire fight by being in his opponents face, while using his great cardio to apply that ferocious pressure.

Maybe, it's pretty theoretical though isn't it? Most fighters can go hard for a round/round and a half can't they..

Maybe, it's pretty theoretical though isn't it? Most fighters can go hard for a round/round and a half can't they..
Most fighters can, but what makes Cain's cardio so great is that he can put on ruthless pressure for 25 minutes while not allowing the opponent to breathe.

He should have lots of energy. He's been sitting around on his can for 5 years..

Most fighters can, but what makes Cain's cardio so great is that he can put on ruthless pressure for 25 minutes while not allowing the opponent to breathe.

Well he's only ever gone 25mins against JDS, who's a guy who can never get himself off the fence and basically can't grapple.

Cain has the best cardio anyone has ever seen from a HW.

It's so sad that injuries plagued Cain. He could have gone down as the greatest UFC HW as of now, and going into the future but too many injuries caused him to slow down. Hopefully he comes back and can stay healthy and possibly reclaim what he could have achieved
At sea level. Must be at sea level.

Well he's only ever gone 25mins against JDS, who's a guy who can never get himself off the fence and basically can't grapple.
Cain strategy is to smother his opponent and he uses his boxing, wrestling, and cardio to execute that strategy. Every Cain fight he puts the pressure on and basically controls the fight.

Healthy cardio Cain runs this weak division for a long time....these fools lucky he's been injured

Cain strategy is to smother his opponent and he uses his boxing, wrestling, and cardio to execute that strategy. Every Cain fight he puts the pressure on and basically controls the fight.

Yeah, he's a good fighter with a lot of great attributes. No doubt about that, and I'm not denying or discrediting him in the slightest. - What I am saying is that it's f***ing ridiculous that at every single UFC card the analysts will start talking about his cardio like it's completely on another level. And not just during the fights, but in the media too.

Like I said before, the only fighter he's beaten over 5 rds is JDS; and Miocic outlasted him too, yet they're talking about Cain's goddamn cardio in the middle of Stipe's fight, even though you could make an argument that Stipe's actually more proven in that area.

If I was looking at big guys with great cardio I'd say Stipe, Jon Jones, DC, Werdum are AT LEAST on his level, yet they treat him like he's so much in a different league to everyone else that it has to be constantly mentioned, and it's largely baseless and super irritating.

If Cain is fighting and they want to talk about it then that's fine if the want to get into a bit of hyperbole, but the unquestioning obsession is ridiculous.

Yeah, he's a good fighter with a lot of great attributes. No doubt about that, and I'm not denying or discrediting him in the slightest. - What I am saying is that it's f***ing ridiculous that at every single UFC card the analysts will start talking about his cardio like it's completely on another level. And not just during the fights, but in the media too.

Like I said before, the only fighter he's beaten over 5 rds is JDS; and Miocic outlasted him too, yet they're talking about Cain's goddamn cardio in the middle of Stipe's fight, even though you could make an argument that Stipe's actually more proven in that area.

If I was looking at big guys with great cardio I'd say Stipe, Jon Jones, DC, Werdum are AT LEAST on his level, yet they treat him like he's so much in a different league to everyone else that it has to be constantly mentioned, and it's largely baseless and super irritating.

If Cain is fighting and they want to talk about it then that's fine if the want to get into a bit of hyperbole, but the unquestioning obsession is ridiculous.
I understand what you're saying, but what I'm saying is no HW has the cardio to put on insane, ruthless pressure on an opponent for 5 rounds or the entire fight like Cain.

Truly great cardio isn't determined by what your gas is like when being the hammer, but how good it is while being the nail. The Diaz bros and Tony are great for this reason, while being able to absorb tremendous punishment and keep it coming. Cain tho, when facing adversity from Werdum, he panic wrestled his way out of there : no different than Conor, actually maybe even worse as Cain has never had a UFC 202 type fight where he had to come back deep in the fight.

Cain has the best cardio anyone has ever seen from a HW.
330919kt.jpg

20150929014001_IMG_3545.JPG

main-qimg-5b68d42706c6d86175ab295188802191-c

That's really not much of an accomplishment.

Back