Cain has gone past the 2nd round 4 times in his career

J0N0

(JonKunDo)
@Gold
Reaction score
..and one of those was above sea level.

Am I the only one who's fed up with every analyst constantly lording his cardio based purely on his fights with JDS and Congo?

It's bad enough when he's fighting, but bringing it up constantly when others are fighting is ridiculous, bordering on disrespectful.

Yes, he doesn't generally have cardio problems in his fights whilst they last; but is it really THAT great of an achievement that it has to be constantly brought up? It's really starting to bug me,

8e0d6a30-c397-11e5-ae6e-6b09299bd6f7_GettyImages-503503122.jpg

His cardio allows him to go full speed on the knee extension machine at AKA.

He pushes the pace to drain his opponent's energy, everyone gets tired and worn out against Cain.

If TS had Cain's cardio, he would have written a much longer post and given a nice TLDR at the end instead.

Not a huge fan, but prime Cain is a scary dude. His seemingly endless injuries really took him out of the game. Also seemed like all his fights were rematches, not sure if there were other contenders at the time, would've been nice to see other matches.

Cain has the best cardio anyone has ever seen from a HW.

It's so sad that injuries plagued Cain. He could have gone down as the greatest UFC HW as of now, and going into the future but too many injuries caused him to slow down. Hopefully he comes back and can stay healthy and possibly reclaim what he could have achieved

Cain has the best cardio anyone has ever seen from a HW.

It's so sad that injuries plagued Cain. He could have gone down as the greatest UFC HW as of now, and going into the future but too many injuries caused him to slow down. Hopefully he comes back and can stay healthy and possibly reclaim what he could have achieved

Based on what?

Cain got tired in both JDS fights so I don't know what people are talking about

Anyway he's Mexican so dont expect him to get any love at this forum.

I get what you're saying but come on pre usada his pace and gas tank were insane. Ben Rothwell antonio silva couldn't hang with his pace what so ever and got stopped for it. I don't buy that sea level stuff though , nothing drains your energy like getting hit and he was getting hit alot by werdum.

Watch any Cain fight.
Just watched Cain vs Werdum - Cain was gassed by the end of the 1st round and gave up in the 3rd. Cain is really good at setting the pace and draining his opponents with technique, but that is not the same thing as having elite cardio. He wasn't able to dictate the pace or impose his techniques against Werdum so he gassed out.

Cain's cardio is seriously overrated. I mean Werdum outcardio's people all the time as well yet the media was acting like Werdum had shit cardio and would be gassed out after 3 minutes. Even Rogan said "Werdum has to be getting tired now" in the 1st rd.. Then he realised Cain looked more tired than Werdum and started mentioning the altitude.

Just watched Cain vs Werdum - Cain was gassed by the end of the 1st round and gave up in the 3rd. Cain is really good at setting the pace and draining his opponents with technique, but that is not the same thing as having elite cardio. He wasn't able to dictate the pace or impose his techniques against Werdum so he gassed out.
Oh ok. Any healthy Cain fight.

Back