Buying Winning boxing gears from Koubudo Rakuten

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by haanui, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Jaxxstatic

Jaxxstatic Yellow Belt

Japanese customer service = passive aggressiveness to a rofl-copter level
    Even at our most polite, Americans come off as too direct and confrontational. Japanese hate direct confrontation.

Crap, living in Japan for 4 years, I saw that that's pretty much how most people are. If they don't like you, they won't tell you to your face; they'll just kick over your trash can every day and have their dog poo in your driveway.

It's never happened to me, but I saw a lot of it.

2. Dustondo

Dustondo White Belt

crazy megahorse, but at least now I know it's not just me. What's strange is that I had an incredibly easy and problem free transaction with the americaya shop in the past with some bag gloves etc, but now that I want to place a few custom orders nothing lol. I'll keep all of what's been said in mind and give koubudo a try, since at this point it seems i've been blackballed for trying to send them my money lol.

3. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

Yea, just play it cool and be super respectful. Sometimes you just can't win.

I waited about 10-11 months for a custom groin guard and gloves from Mitani at America-ya. I had to send an email basically begging him to respond and just let me know if he had the gear or if I should do a credit card reversal - he got back to me the next day. He said the items were misplaced in his warehouse. I received the items and thanked him profusely for accommodating me, but now he refuses to answer any email I send him.

So basically I was black listed for his own mistake, but maybe my handling of the situation?? Idk what I did wrong man lol. It's like mind blowing to me. I showed the emails to Taskmaster99 and he couldn't believe WTF he was seeing lol.

4. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

I almost forgot about that story. By the way MEGA.....that email you had me send.......no response....lmao!!!!! He said screw you Americans!!!!

5. Dustondo

Dustondo White Belt

lmao! ordered from koubudo, and that same night got a reply confirming my custom order. So much easier and no drama thankfully. From here on out I may just have a Japanese dude that's one of my students write my emails for me to these sellers just so there's a smaller risk ok sounding like an asshole american lol.

6. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

You didn't include our brony cosplay pics, did you? I TOLD YOU TO INCLUDE THE BRONY PICS

7. MoGreene979

MoGreene979 White Belt

I ordered a pair of winning gloves and a head gear in May from Koubudo.

Initially I was told that my order wasn't in stock and would take til mid june to arrive to their stores. Which I agreed to before giving payment. It's now almost July and they have not replied to 2 emails in the last 2 weeks asking for an update on the status of my order. I don't care if it takes longer but I'd like a reply.

Anyone else experience a long delay without response???I just want to know when I can expect the goods? Or if I should contact pay pal and try to recoup my money?

8. StRatoCastR

StRatoCastR Gear Tester/Reviewer

Never ordered from koubudo but mitani is famous or infamous for playing dead for months at a time. So im sure its more of the same but keep emailing to have a track record just incase something does go wrong

9. YukiNamida

YukiNamida White Belt

Hey there, Do you know what Text Font they used on Your glove? Thank you!

10. ratethisgear

ratethisgear White Belt

11. Endy

Endy White Belt

Hii,
    I want to ask if someone who order from koubudo must pay handling fee too like from america ya?

Btw in my opinion, don't email them directly, just order from them through rakuten. Hope it will be useful. Thank you

12. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

I've ordered from them yesterday.

Yes there is a shipping fee.

After ordering, wait for them to send you an email that lets you know if your order is in stock.

If yes, they will include the shipping cost then ask if you want to confirm the order.

What did you order?

I ordered (Koubudo) Winning 10oz AM-10 Red amateur competition gloves. Shipping costs around $29.

YukiNamida likes this.
  13. YukiNamida

YukiNamida White Belt

I ordered from Koubudo many times.
    It did not write down the details of $ ordered.
    So Do Not need to worry about custom fee.

It charged you the listed item price + Shipping Fee - international(Depends how heavy ur items)
    Once they noticed you the shipping day, you will received it in 3 days by EMS shipping.

14. makedansure

makedansure Blue Belt

Just placed two orders, one for Koboudo and one for America YA. I used this easter coupon at checkout:

LOC5-TONE-M8AB-LDM5

It got me 2000 yen off my orders for $90 or more. The coupon should've expired by now, but I placed my order two days ago, and received the confirmation from both shops that it worked. I entered today again, and it looks as though the coupon will work even now. It's about $18 off of an order of $90 or more, which is pretty great. Just thought I'd give a heads up, pretty sweet as I never thought I'd get a discount on winning gear :)

deh707 and hangulmalmotayo like this.
  15. flikerstance

flikerstance floridaman

i dont really like the official bigger sticker on the glove anyways my gf wants to buy me a pair of winning gloves i wana get a 14-16 oz pair i guess for sparring wheres the cheapest place to get them i was thinking amazon i didnt really like the japanese sites posted here

also i like the way the lace up gloves look are they better than the hook and loop in your opinion i have never tried on a pair

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Minowafanatic likes this.
  16. hangulmalmotayo

hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

You should use punctuation marks more often.

Rakuten is usually a lot cheaper than Amazon or eBay. If you buy off Amazon you're still ordering from Japan a lot of times. I once bought Winning gloves from Amazon and a rib protector from Rakuten at around the same time. The gloves took about four times as long to arrive than the rib protector.

I always get laceup but it's a matter of preference.

Kick_@ss_Seabass likes this.
  17. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

Nice!

What did you order?

18. mikiemike87

mikiemike87 Blue Belt

Anyone with experience with the amateur gloves have any guestimations on how long they think it'll last on the heavy bag?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  19. makedansure

makedansure Blue Belt

I ordered a pair of bag mitts with the old label, always wanted a pair. Plus they were right around $90 bucks. The coupon essentially gives you free shipping which is nice.

This is a Rakuten coupon code. I've been getting their email newsletters ever since ordering from their site for the first time. The option is during the checkout phase.