Bute to face Froch in Nottingham on May 26th. (edit)

All Bute needs to do now is to decide who offers the bigger pay day, Froch or Ward?

What happens if he gets beat again? He walks away with a big pay day. Everyone already thinks Froch is the much better fighter, a second defeat to him wouldn't change that. In my eyes he would have nothing to lose, his stock wouldn't deflate much from a defeat.

You realize that we're talking boxing here, right? I mean almost every fighter out there is one loss away from being a "bum". Boxing isnt like most sports they are judged too harshly for losses. Say Bute fights Froch for all this money you keep going on about, but he loses again. That's it Holmes he's he not getting another big money fight. Even let's say he does he's going to get a shit split. It's better for his health and brand if he goes back home licks his wound and takes a soft touch fight before he gets back in with any big dogs.

You realize that we're talking boxing here, right? I mean almost every fighter out there is one loss away from being a "bum". Boxing isnt like most sports they are judged too harshly for losses. Say Bute fights Froch for all this money you keep going on about, but he loses again. That's it Holmes he's he not getting another big money fight. Even let's say he does he's going to get a shit split. It's better for his health and brand if he goes back home licks his wound and takes a soft touch fight before he gets back in with any big dogs.

That lose and leave things is totally exaggerated. Christ, Froch got this shot against Bute right after losing to Ward. Likewise, Chisora lost to Helenius and Fury then got a title shot with Vitali.

Wards fighting Chad Dawson anyway.

That lose and leave things is totally exaggerated. Christ, Froch got this shot against Bute right after losing to Ward. Likewise, Chisora lost to Helenius and Fury then got a title shot with Vitali.

Ok Froch was the underdog and was being looked at as as a stepping stone. They thought Bute would blow past a common opponent of Ward and look even better.

Chrisora got a shot because who is out there really? I mean who is established enough to get a fight with one of the champions HW is in rare form so it really can't be included in this discussion.

I dont know what you mean by lose and leave. However your kidding yourself if you don't think we're watching sport where to joe schmo the record means everything.

Ok Froch was the underdog and was being looked at as as a stepping stone. They thought Bute would blow past a common opponent of Ward and look even better.

Chrisora got a shot because who is out there really? I mean who is established enough to get a fight with one of the champions HW is in rare form so it really can't be included in this discussion.

I dont know what you mean by lose and leave. However your kidding yourself if you don't think we're watching sport where to joe schmo the record means everything.

Lose and leave ... if you lose, you leave. I don't see what the problem is there.

There's no doubt that a boxer's fan base can completely turn on him after a loss, but it isn't just heavies who get those extra shots. We've seen guys like Mosley and Margarito get fights after major losses. Even Pacman has had a few. It's true you may as well leave if you keep on losing but historically there's never been much proof that a boxers career will pretty much become irrelevant after a loss. Even after losing to Mayweather, Mosley gets a shot against Pac, after losing to Pac he goes on to get a big pay day against Canelo. Sometimes losing doesn't seem so bad in boxing.

I agree with you about why Chisora got the shot. I guess it was more interesting than picking another Mormek or Thompson. Even now after losing for a third time straight, Chisora gets an eliminator fight against Haye and a chance at another title shot.

I would rather see Helenius get in the mix now though. Or hell if they're going to pick a prospect why not one of the guys who didn't lose his last two fights?

Last edited:
If Bute doesn't get a rematch with Froch, then I would like to see him face a Super Six competitor. Abraham, Green or Kessler would be ideal imo. Especially Green.

Froch is going to do everything to avoid the re-match. he has nothing to gain. he wants to fight Kessler and that makes more sense for him.

it is up to Bute of course. From a pure sporting point of view, I would love to see him step right back in against Froch.

But more realistically they are going to give him an easier fight and re-build him.

I still believe that Bute is world class and I want to see him get the chance to prove it. An easier fight is fine. But then I hope he gets back to fighting top tier guys

Bute will bounce back, he fought very stupid against Froch.

He's not overrated, or at least not THAT overrated as the fight showed.

Depends on who you lost too and the manner in which you lost doesn't it? Bute got absolutely destroyed by Froch. Ward outclassed Froch but Ward is regarded as one of the best P4P fighters out there so it didn't hurt Frochs standing too much. Most people expected it to happen anyway. It's just like getting outclassed by Mayweather, not really that big a deal. But Bute went into the fight as the firm favourite! Quite a big difference. Bute's stock is shot.

And bringing up Chisora isn't a good example because it's the HW division, and as we all know there isn't much depth in that division at all so it's not hard to get a shot at the title since the Klits don't really have any decent challengers out there. Plus he gave Helenius his toughest fight. And he was already being looked at as a potential challenger for Wladimir even before the Fury fight but the fight fell through and Emanuel Steward admitted he was somewhat relieved as he saw Chisora as a risky opponent.

Froch is going to do everything to avoid the re-match. he has nothing to gain. he wants to fight Kessler and that makes more sense for him.

Really? Of course Froch has nothing to gain, just a heavy defeat. Bute will bounce back this was just an exceptional night of Froch and a nightmare one of Bute. Mark my words. I have more respect now for Carl but only if he will beat Bute in a rematch I will say this was for real.

Really? Of course Froch has nothing to gain, just a heavy defeat. Bute will bounce back this was just an exceptional night of Froch and a nightmare one of Bute. Mark my words. I have more respect now for Carl but only if he will beat Bute in a rematch I will say this was for real.

He stops him in 5 and only if he wins a rematch you will say it is for real? Can you explain that?

And for the record Carl should have had your respect after he fought pascal Taylor Dirrell Kessler abraham Johnson ward and Bute in consecutive fights. He is what is right about boxing in that he is always fighting the best.

watched it

wow didnt expect this, thought bute would outclass froch :/

What fight did you watch?!? Bute got absolutely annihilated. It wasn't a fluke punch or Bute being injured or ill coming into the fight, no jet lag excuses, nothing. It was a completely one sided domination and clearly evident that Bute could not handle Frochs power and strength full stop. Unless Bute can suddenly and dramatically improve his punch resistance then I don't even see a glimmer of hope for Bute in a rematch :eek:

Froch lost to Kessler in the Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament in April of 2010 before bouncing back to reach the final, where he went down in rather disappointing fashion to THE RING champion Andre Ward at the end of last year.

But while desperate to get revenge on 33-year-old Kessler, he is definitely not interested in setting the record straight against Ward, the WBC and WBA beltholder. Styles make decent fights and, for Froch, the undefeated American holds no appeal.

Bute will bounce back, he fought very stupid against Froch.

He's not overrated, or at least not THAT overrated as the fight showed.

Bute? Oh yes he was overrated.

He was being ranked over the top fighters in the division, who were fighting each other, by beating guys the other ranked SMWs fought years ago. Brian Magee, Edison Miranda etc.

What you had last week was one of the most underrated fighters in boxing fighting one of the most overrated.

Bute was definitely overrated, there was a lot of people who rated him at the top of the division and believed he could beat Ward. There was really no need for the hype, his resume was mediocre. He got crushed when he stepped up to the elite.

Back