Bute to face Froch in Nottingham on May 26th. (edit)

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
BoxingScene.com

(Edit) The fight will take place in Nottingham on May 26th, 2012. Jean Bedard, an administrator of Interbox (Bute's promoter) and CEO of Sportscene inc. sent a tweet to Bute today saying "get your luggage ready". Bute (30-0, 24 KO) will defend the IBF title he won on October 2007 for the 10th time. It will be the second time he defends his title outside of Qu

Last edited:
What happened with the bout with Ward?

I had read that Bute was more than willing to fight Ward. Was there a dispute as to where it would happen??

Froch RD 1 KO Easy! Bute aint shi........kidding!

I reckon it'll be a war, with Froch coming out on top. I think you'd be foolish to compare there fights with Johnson as a gauge to who takes this.

It would be a very dangerous fight for Ward who is just becoming a superstar. Froch has a lot to win in this fight, if he wins convincingly, he can have a rematch with Ward. I say the Bute-Ward fight WILL happen when Bute beats Froch and a mandatory defense. He will then call out Ward to unify the belts. I believe Ward has the three remaining belts (I might be wrong though): Bute has the IBF belt, Ward should have the WBC, WBA and WBO belts.

Great fight, I got Froch winning via home town decision.

Froch will have to have it together, more than he did for the Ward fight. He looked kind of shot against Ward.

Bute probably taking a pay cut but wants a marquee fight good for him if he wins impressively he will put all doubt to rest and finally get some respect.

Damn TS i guess you will need a new sport to watch.

I got Froch by bullshit decision in a GREAT fight that will be ruined by homecooking.

Froch will have to have it together, more than he did for the Ward fight. He looked kind of shot against Ward.

Yeah what was that about?

He looked gassed beyond belief then started reminding me of Sugar Shane with his inability to throw...anything.

My guess is this has more to do with everyone involved not wanting to waste the build up Sky gave Froch before his fight with Ward.

He looked gassed beyond belief then started reminding me of Sugar Shane with his inability to throw...anything.

God knows. Didn't look right at all. Dear in headlights almost, until the 12th

I'm still puzzled by the fact that showtime won't show the fight

I like Bute by wide decision.

Ward fight isn't happening because, Ward said Bute needs to fight a top fighter first.
Bute has one fight left on his deal with Showtime, and they want Ward.

Awesome! Going to the UK will shut up all the Bute haters.

I don't think Froch looked as bad as some are saying in that fight with Ward.

Did Ward beat him, sure. But it wasn't a beating. I think it was much closer than the showtime salesmen... ahem.... showtime announcers would have lead anyone to believe.

I muted the fight and watched it again, Froch was in there.

I don't think Froch looked as bad as some are saying in that fight with Ward.

Did Ward beat him, sure. But it wasn't a beating. I think it was much closer than the showtime salesmen... ahem.... showtime announcers would have lead anyone to believe.

I muted the fight and watched it again, Froch was in there.

It wasn't a descruction but there were MANY points where me and my friends were screaming for him to do something... anything.

Fight just seems pointless to me.

Interesting fight. Froch is a fighter that can grind out a win against different styles of boxers. I give Bute respect for taking on such a tough opponent in his own backyard. Especially with Bute being criticized in the past for not taking fights outside of Canada. Should be a good one. Not a bad consolation prize for not getting Bute-Ward. I'm looking forward to this one.

Its a very tiring business when the guy in front of you is one step ahead in mind and body for the duration of the fight.

Back