Bute to face Froch in Nottingham on May 26th. (edit)

Why would WARD want that fight?

Enough people are touting Froch for the p4p lists and Ward knows he is Carls daddy. I'm not saying Ward would want it, but I was just reading into what Carl said that he isn't looking for a rematch.

Ward has to much to lose if he faces Froch again.
I like Kessler again against Froch.

Ward clearly beat Froch

No way is he after a rematch

Yeah, Ward isn't, I thought Froch wasn't but Seano has pointed out he is. They both seem to have a lot of business to take care of first before they even thought about that.

I don't think Froch wants Ward, if you watched the build up show to the fight you could tell that he didn't like fighting him. Not because he was scared or because he got beat up, he just doesn't want to be involved a fight where he spoils and holds. The man is a warrior and hold old school values about entertaining the audience.

The Kessler fight needs to happen, it's by far the most logical choice.

Froch - Kessler, I don't think Ward will fight at SMW again to be honest.

Ahh my mistake pal, thought he was going up to LHW to fight Dawson.

I was a little surprised myself.

I'm not too interested in another Ward/Froch fight. He hasn't changed since the fight with Ward, he just exposed a weakness in Bute - if Lucian's not the aggressor and he's getting hit, he'll shut down. Ward doesn't have that problem. There was one point in their fight when Froch hit Ward clean and hard after the bell. Ward just looked at him like he was a dog that shit on the carpet.

You guys know why their fighting at 168? It's actually because of Dawson...when he called Ward out he said let's do it at 168. Ward said he isn't ready to move up unless he's forced to do so.

If you call out a fighter, you should meet him at his weight.

You guys know why their fighting at 168? It's actually because of Dawson...when he called Ward out he said let's do it at 168. Ward said he isn't ready to move up unless he's forced to do so.

Ahh I didn't realize it was Dawson that called out Ward. I didn't even know they were fighting until I saw it on Boxrec. It's not getting a lot of lip service.

Ahh I didn't realize it was Dawson that called out Ward. I didn't even know they were fighting until I saw it on Boxrec. It's not getting a lot of lip service.

two reasons it isn't getting pub.

1.) their promoters
2.) better fight on paper than what we'll actually get.

two reasons it isn't getting pub.

1.) their promoters
2.) better fight on paper than what we'll actually get.

Some of the blame lies with the promoters, but it's the fighters too. As much love as I have for Ward, he just can't get people excited if they aren't already.

Ward should be moving up. I don't know why the LHW champ has to cut weight to fight to Super middleweight champ. There should be no excuses.

Ward should be moving up. I don't know why the LHW champ has to cut weight to fight to Super middleweight champ. There should be no excuses.

Dawson called him out, why should he step up?

Article Link - Bute Exercises Froch Rematch Clause To Redeem Himself

By Jake Donovan

There will be an eventual rematch between top super middleweights Carl Froch and Lucian Bute. It just won’t be immediate, which is good news for both fighters.

Bute announced Thursday afternoon that he will be exercising the rematch clause in his contract from their first fight. However, the news comes with the caveat that both fighters will head in opposite directions in taking interim fights later this year.

“That was not the real Lucian Bute in that Nottingham ring on May 26,” Bute (30-1, 24KO) vowed in looking back on the 5th round knockout loss to Froch in Nottingham, England.

The defeat was the first of Bute’s career, also putting to an end a super middleweight title reign that lasted more than 3

“I spent the last few weeks reflecting about what went wrong, what happened, and the only thing that is crystal clear in my mind is that I want my rematch with Carl Froch as soon as possible.”

What went wrong was that Bute wasn't allowed to come forward in this one and couldn't take Frochs punches. I expect the same result in a rematch. I think Bute is an example of a fighter falling in love with a "signature punch." I mean, he was so obviously trying to set up that uppercut against Froch that Froch really didn't need to do anything but watch out for the uppercut and beat the shit out of Bute.

Back