Building strength without building size

bodyweight exercises. gymnasts r way stronger than bodybuilders but they look smaller compared to them..
I know, it's amazing how gymnasts win World's Strongest Man every year. It's like I shouldn't be shocked anymore, but still they get me every year.

bodybuilders are not real athletes in my book.

it's too rare to find a bodybuilder who can do a simple handstand push-ups exercise using their own bodyweight.

also bodybuilders don't really win world's strongest man.

gymnasts don't win world's strongest man. the world's strongest man thing reminds me of the IQ test, it doesn't necessarily reflect intelligence.

bodybuilders are not real athletes in my book.

it's too rare to find a bodybuilder who can do a simple handstand push-ups exercise using their own bodyweight.

also bodybuilders don't really win world's strongest man.

gymnasts don't win world's strongest man. the world's strongest man thing reminds me of the IQ test, it doesn't necessarily reflect intelligence.

God damn it, if you're gonna make an account to troll can you at least have a gimmick? Be funny? Something?

God damn it, if you're gonna make an account to troll can you at least have a gimmick? Be funny? Something?

i only have 4 posts! what did i say makes you believe i am trolling?

is it because i said bodybuilders are not real athletes? i mean why not point out what you are disagreeing with in my post and correct me?

this is an interesting topic.
and i dont know shit about it.

but i was always amazed by guys that looked small (same size as me) with t shirts on, then with t shirts off they looked fucking strong-ripped-mini-hulks. Its not just a matter of BF %, i think this is bodybuilders mentality. These guys usually are more athletic, therefore are stronger (being it any "kind" of strenght you might think) than average "same-sized" joe

That is essentially what you are doing when you are on an advanced program and not gaining weight. You wont be gaining muscle but high intensity liftinf should be your default when doing it. That wont work forever and you will have to shock your nueromuscular system with periods if high volume/lesser intensity followed by a period of tapering with very high intensity. If you dont you will not get stronger trying to maintain weight and even with the progress will be slower than if you were. Notice I put the word "trick" in quotations. If you have a problem with any of that please do air it out here and teach us all something you little twerp.
You're actually retarded ey?

low reps heavy weight compound excersizes

stick to that

Whatever you say tough guy

Lol just check your log...you are a little bitch .....
Where's your log? Can you demonstrate to us the success you've had applying your genius approach to training?

I don't think it's a simple question to answer and it varies depending on the person. There's a lot of scenarios that can be used with your question and different answers depending on each scenario. You could easily throw a blanket answer about energy balance, training methodologies, etc, but I think the answer is a case by case scenario and even then it would be trial and error depending on an individual scenario and goals.

Where's your log? Can you demonstrate to us the success you've had applying your genius approach to training?

lol so you have no idea what I have or have not done in my training/athletic "career" but you are exposed right here on this forum....best thing for you to do is stfu about it

It is possible. You need a high intensity program and eventually more advanced programming to "trick"your body into strength gains.
What does this mean?

lol so you have no idea what I have or have not done in my training/athletic "career" but you are exposed right here on this forum....best thing for you to do is stfu about it

please enlighten me as to your athletic feats

What does this mean?

when you are trying to get strong without gaining weight high intensity efforts is what is going to keep progress going....alot of ways to set that up but the majority of training should me at ME for low reps...that should be your focus when attempting it.......as with everything in training this will stall out at that point you can either say ok i have enough strength for my bodyweight or you try different methods to continue to eek out strength gains this would come in the form of either manipulating like exercies(of the parent big 4)and/or doing a higher volume phase followed by low volume higher intensity phase.....in short your focus should be on high intensity efforts

Back