Buakaw vs Conor McGregor

Came here to find out which gloves. The rules dont matter, only the gloves. Buakaw is old and battle weary, and while he is an amazing fighter, without those 8 ounce gloves, he's fucked.

I think that glove size has no baring on this conversation because gloves do not equal power.

Second, any MT/K1 fight, Buakaw owns Conor. You guys keep mentioning glove size and forget this is a fight that allows kicks. And brother, those Thai guys know a thing or two about kicking.

This is all just what I think. Just comparing views, that's all.

I think that glove size has no baring on this conversation because gloves do not equal power.

Second, any MT/K1 fight, Buakaw owns Conor. You guys keep mentioning glove size and forget this is a fight that allows kicks. And brother, those Thai guys know a thing or two about kicking.

This is all just what I think. Just comparing views, that's all.
Nothing to do with power; you have to adjust the way you parry/punch/shell etc. Conor will land clean with the 4 ounce, where the 8 ounce glove allows a better traditional asian defence(or any boxing/kickboxing defence really...)

Here you guys go again over estimating Conor's power. This is not Eddie Alvarez, fellas. Conor won't just be able to hit him at will. I think once Conor feels Buakaw's power, he'll think twice about throwing.

Again, this is K1/MT. You guys are giving the benefit of the doubt in the power department to Conor, but forget that when Buakaw will kick Conor, he'll fold.

What about Conor vs a Great White Shark in a tank pool? Whatever gloves and rule set...

NOW, SERIOUSLY, FUCKING STOP THIS DISGRACEFUL DEBATE.

Buakaw would paralyze Conor with leg kicks and gut him with teep kicks.

Agreed with above. If Eddie Alvarez was able to leg kick Conor successfully, Buakaw would leg kick the living shit out of him. The way Conor's sticking his lead leg out is begging for it to be destroyed by guys like Buakaw.

You'd see Conor fighting like it was the ADCC

If you're gonna call me ignorant in regards to the Chinese MMA scene you better be prepared to back that shit up. I take my Chinese MMA very seriously, I don't usually discuss it here because there are Chinese discussion boards far better suited for that purpose.

So, where you at @FUm6duck? I'm not done spanking you in Chinese yet!

Sorry, bra. Was sleeping. Gotta calm down on the anger issues. Not an avid poster, but I'll call out bullshit when I see it.

1. Yi Long doesn't do mma. He's a kickboxer.
2. If you had watched the fight. Dude was falling and grabbing the ropes on every engagement. I'll give Yi Long credit for catching Buakaw in the first fight with a spinning back fist.

In regards to Conor vs Buakaw. Buakaw has only ever gotten his chin cracked by Sato, Souwer, Masato, Zambidis , Dida, and Yi Long. With the exception of Yi Long, all those guys would destroy Mcgreg in a pure striking match. Buakaw would do the same in his prime. However, he's not a very good boxer. So, at this stage of Buakaw's career, Connie does have a puncher's chance with mma gloves and K1 rules. Muay thai Lumpini rules, Connor would be begging for the elbows, knees, and leg kicks to stop.

Last edited:
Buakaw-profiles.jpg

vs

960x0.jpg

They are both 5'9" and ~155 lbs.

Taking ground game out of the equation, who would win in a pure standup match?
Lolol what....credit where it's due but Conor would he leg kicked into retirement.

In a Kickboxing or Muay Thai fight I heavily favor Buakaw.
However in sort of MMA Muay Thai hybrid with no ground allowed(besides following up a knockdown to finish the fight) and MMA gloves, as some others have mentioned it's a completely different story. I wouldn't know who to favor, but one would make the other look bad either way.
And for those claiming Conor would need the larger gloves: Wrong. Buakaw would need the larger gloves in order to defend punches the way he has his entire career. Blocking punches with MMA gloves is much much harder, and if Buakaw is unprepared for that, conor would blast him with that left.

Damn....that sounded a bit sad and pathetic and like you are totally lying about it. I guess you'll link a bunch of chinese forums now?

Disappointing from one of the better shoopers and usually reasonable people around..

Link Chinese forums? If you had any idea what I wrote you'd know I actually typed it. My Chinese is native level, and if you're gonna call me out on my knowledge of Chinese MMA you better be prepared to back it up. If you can't even begin to speak Chinese get ready to be spanked.

Sorry, bra. Was sleeping. Gotta calm down on the anger issues. Not an avid poster, but I'll call out bullshit when I see it.

1. Yi Long doesn't do mma. He's a kickboxer.
2. If you had watched the fight. Dude was falling and grabbing the ropes on every engagement. I'll give Yi Long credit for catching Buakaw in the first fight with a spinning back fist.

If you weren't a complete imbecile, you'd have known I've addressed all these points in my posts.

In regards to Conor vs Buakaw. Buakaw has only ever gotten his chin cracked by Sato, Souwer, Masato, Zambidis and Yi Long. With the exception of Yi Long, all those guys would destroy Mcgreg in a pure striking match. Buakaw would do the same in his prime. However, he's not a very good boxer. So, at this stage of Buakaw's career, Connie does have a puncher's chance with mma gloves and K1 rules. Muay thai Lumpinin rules, Connor would be begging for the elbows, knees, and leg kicks to stop.

Why don't you actually address the specific points I've mentioned in my previous posts, instead of rambling on like this? Don't tell me you're so ignorant you can't even read what I wrote? And you want to call me ignorant? Are you serious? I'm Mexican and I learned Chinese to be able to appreciate Chinese MMA more, that's how much I care, you on the other hand, don't even have a clue, who's the ignoramus now? And lol at destroy. You mean like how he destroyed Yi Long the clown? 下次放狗P前拜托撒泡尿照照你个B样.

<36>

If you weren't a complete imbecile, you'd have known I've addressed all these points in my posts.

Why don't you actually address the specific points I've mentioned in my previous posts, instead of rambling on like this? Don't tell me you're so ignorant you can't even read what I wrote? And you want to call me ignorant? Are you serious? I'm Mexican and I learned Chinese to be able to appreciate Chinese MMA more, that's how much I care, you on the other hand, don't even have a clue, who's the ignoramus now? And lol at destroy. You mean like how he destroyed Yi Long the clown? 下次放狗P前拜托撒泡尿照照你个B样.

<36>

You're pathetic. I dont fucken speak chinese nor does that have anything to do with your credibility with being able to analyze the fight between Yi long vs Buakaw 2, which I called you out on. Yi Long has NOTHIGN to do with chinese mma; he's a kickboxer. Explain to me why you thought Yi Long won? Yi Long is a troll of a fighter, but has decent skills. Buakaw was never in trouble in the SECOND fight, which you attacked him on for losing to a can. Want me to link you the fight, since you've never seen it?

You're pathetic. I dont fucken speak chinese nor does that have anything to do with your credibility with being able to analyze the fight between Yi long vs Buakaw 2, which I called you out on. Yi Long has NOTHIGN to do with chinese mma; he's a kickboxer. Explain to me why you thought Yi Long won? Yi Long is a troll of a fighter, but has decent skills. Buakaw was never in trouble in the SECOND fight, which you attacked him on for losing to a can. Want me to link you the fight, since you've never seen it?

一龙has everything to do with the Chinese combat sport scene, you dummy, and I know Chinese combat sport scene more than an ignoramus like you ever will. I've already explained to you how 一龙won, it has also been explained by commentators and fight analysts all over, it's not our problem that you're so ignorant you can't even begin to understand Chinese, is it? I have paid Le.tv membership that allows me to stream all premium contents for free,小子你有吗?TM犯贱也要有个限度,知道吗?

He would last like the tree did....

一龙has everything to do with the Chinese combat sport scene, you dummy, and I know Chinese combat sport scene more than an ignoramus like you ever will. I've already explained to you how 一龙won, it has also been explained by commentators and fight analysts all over, it's not our problem that you're so ignorant you can't even begin to understand Chinese, is it? I have paid Le.tv membership that allows me to stream all premium contents for free,小子你有吗?TM犯贱也要有个限度,知道吗?

LOL, yea you cant argue with me in a language we both understand. Instead, you claim chign chong lin long shit and expect me to debate with you. I see that you're trollin now, so I won't waste my time on you.

Prime Buakaw ROLFSTOMPS Prime Mcgregor in a Muai Thai fight.

LOL, yea you cant argue with me in a language we both understand. Instead, you claim chign chong lin long shit and expect me to debate with you. I see that you're trollin now, so I won't waste my time on you.

WLF is Chinese, last time I checked, dummy. You bet your ass I expect you to understand what I said, given that you had the audacity to call me out on being ignorant in regards to a Chinese event. As it turns out you know jack shit about Chinese, abut WLF or Buakaw's fight with Yi Long. You're like an American dummy who calls a Japanese pride fan for being ignorant of Pride. Talk about irony. Not only that, you've also just exposed yourself as a complete racist. You want to mock the Chinese language some more and expose your ignorant racism some more, or are you going to run away?

It's too late for Buakaw to transition to MMA. The same with Saenchai.
I would love to see elite muay thai fighters in MMA. But they usually fight at very small weight classes, and it still appears that thais in general have a low interest in MMA.

Anyway, he would demolish him in a kickboxing or muay thai fight, in the same way Conor would demolish him in a MMA fight, which should be obvious.

If I were Buakaw I'd right kick the shit out of Connor left arm/front leg with high guard.

Back