Buakaw vs Conor McGregor

aherowillrise

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Buakaw-profiles.jpg

vs

960x0.jpg

They are both 5'9" and ~155 lbs.

Taking ground game out of the equation, who would win in a pure standup match?

k1 rules probably buakaw but with mma gloves i would lean towards conor.

under what rules?

buakaws low kicks are literally on a different level. i honestly wouldnt bet on conor in either mma or k1 rules.

Buakaw is a beast. I think he's past his prime so Conor has a chance.

Stop it.....please. You can wake Buakaw up at 3am after he had an orgy for 6 hours and he'll still beat the fuck out of Conor. Conor is good. He's a little kid compared to a Lumpinee Statium champ.

Conor is a fantastic fighter and elite MMA striker...but in a standup fight, it would be very, very, very diffcult to see him having a chance against high level kickboxers

In a K1 fight? I guess he'd have a chance but I don't think much of one.

A guy with over 250 muay thai fights against a guy with 24 mma fights...

Think about it for a second.

Is this question even for real?

Buakaw is one of the top 5 muay thai fighters evere and you people are not sure whether he would beat conor?!

buakaws low kicks are literally on a different level. i honestly wouldnt bet on conor in either mma or k1 rules.
Yep, Buakaw hasn't went in UFC and made hundreds of millions simply because he's merciful and wants other people to have the chance to be UFC champs.

Is this question even for real?

Buakaw is one of the top 5 muay thai fighters evere and you people are not sure whether he would beat conor?!
no.... he isnt

he's by far the most popular though

Ever see one of the MT fights where a westerner has the bright idea to low kick a Thai (happened a few times in Lion Fights recently) and the guy falls to the ground in pain? Expect that to happen.

Conor has shown he has great power for his size, but he's generally fought (outside of that short fight with Aldo) guys who have very little even dutch style kickboxing background, none come close to being a true Thai style fighter. Diaz, Eddie, Chad are all boxers. Siver has a kickboxing background but he's so bloated he basically needs to swing his entire body to throw a strike.

Conor also is so great at closing the distance, before getting out of the way, but it's tough to do that with someone with great push kicks with power, like Buakaw

A guy with over 250 muay thai fights against a guy with 24 mma fights...

Think about it for a second.

Please stop asking Conor fans to do such a thing as thiking.

Second, I am glad Conor said he has "big Irish nuts". He needs them to support all his nuthuggers.

Back