Brutal guillotine escape - why has no one ever done this?

Bloodcurdling screams usually work in the streets.

Bask in the glory as your opponent walks away in disgust.

tumblr_nmf2jbLTdD1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

tumblr_nmf2jbLTdD1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

Idk why it doesn't show it all in one gif.

Take that mini Gustaffson!

Is this some kind of wind up? How on earth is there not some kind of cooperation going on here
Look at the guys base hes already leaning back feet planted and square his balance is the counter weight of the guy hes holding.

That's fucking illegal.dana

Don't know about illegal, but I know that was awesome. Damn, why did I give up on asian MMA?

Also, this thread has reminded me guillotine chokes can be dangerous... for those doing the chokin'.

Cause no one knows or trains kenetic energy principles in MMA on more than a basic wrestling level other than the few Judo guys and gals.
Great technique and counter offensive BJJ guys will never think of.

The guy got pretty lucky here I think. He is basically pulling mount and hoping the guy smashes his head. If he let go of the choke in the transition he is just on top of him in mount.

Sick. I know there's a rule against "spiking" not sure if this would fall under that criteria, I really don't know. But seems like it should be fair play
It doesn't. The victim can release the sub to defend himself. Spiking only refers to a fighter completely on his control and bringing them straight down on the top of their head. If they're working a sub, they aren't under your complete control. Same goes other subs. You can do a diving front roll if you want if someone is on you back working an RNC. I've seen that in the UFC, but can't remember who. I think it was Pellegrino, but could be wrong.

It's in the explanations for the unified rules on the ABC site, I'll try to find it when I get home. But it's legal to bring the guy down however you want if he's working a sub. Douchey at times, but legal.

Good way to break a dudes neck right at the base of the skull.

I like fighters who aren't paralyzed so I don't wanna see this used. I can't tell if he let go on the second one because he hit his head or severed his spinal cord. Good thing his opponent was there to soccer kick the back of his head to make sure it could be both.

http://www.abcboxing.com/committee-report-on-unified-rules-for-mma/

27.. Spiking the opponent to the canvas onto the head or neck (pile-driving)

A pile driver is considered to be any throw where you control your opponent’s body placing his feet straight up in the air with his head straight down and then forcibly drive your opponents head into the canvas or flooring material. It should be noted when a fighter is placed into a submission hold by their opponent, if that fighter is capable of elevating their opponent they may bring that opponent down in any fashion they desire because they are not in control of their opponents body. The fighter who is attempting the submission can either adjust their position, or let go of their hold before being slammed to the canvas.

*** This is crucial that referees are properly advised and trained and that the fighters fully understand this at the rules meeting ***

It didn't even work the first time, and I imagine it just sunk the choke in even more... You'd probably lose more times attempting that than get out of situations.

That's not correct, you sit up and get close to the guy for an arm-in guillotine (which is what Werdum has on Cain there). For a regular head-only guillotine (like in the OP), you do in fact lean your head back and pull away from the person.

His wrist was not in deep enough, with head only you never need to put your back on the mat lol. They are so tight they tap fast or sleep. It was clearly bad technique.

I think spiking is OK if you're doing it to get out of a submission, it's just not OK if you're doing it for "offense."

Technically that doesn't qualify as spiking. That's more like a reverse suplex if anything.

Back