Bruce Lee sparring footage.

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
How was he a pioneer??

He was a single art student who revolutionized an art that is completely irrelevant today for its highly inefficient application.

I dont think people understand what a pioneer is.

He cross trained in Wing Chun, boxing, western boxing, judo, kenpo, kendo, kali, escrima, and adopted weight training. His training and idea of a progressive martial art was a novelty. MMA is progressive in the same way.

He also beat up Chuck Norris in Rome, beat Kareem Abdul Jabaar in an underground basement fight, and defeated dozens of worthy opponents on an island near Hong Kong.

bruce lee is badly overrated

he's just adding to the hype machine that is bruce lee
I´m glad you have all these martial arts thing figured out with your phenomenal ufc training on Tuesdays and Thursdays in your local gym.

This always pops up. No one can really know what he could have been. He was training 50yrs ago.
Even Dana called him the father of MMA though.

I wouldn't go that far by any means but there's no doubt a lot of martial artists and fighters take inspiration from Bruce Lee even today.
You have to be kidding me, dude was nobody at fight game. He had no professional fights, he was an actor.
171 cm height and weighted 130 pounds. He's a child.
I don't really care about his philosophies, because he's a performer, he was selling his own brand.

I don't think he'll ever participate in MMA if he was still alive. He'll probably train people but not participate. Even if he did, I think he'll be average, but who knows.

Not enough lazy and ignorant; we're trying to get that real millenial essence here. Now try again, and this time with feeling...
Bruce Lee is nobody in fight bussiness. He trained various styles and managed to become an icon, a movie star. That's great.

But he doesn't have fighting record. Please don't mention those street fights...

How was he a pioneer??

He was a single art student who revolutionized an art that is completely irrelevant today for its highly inefficient application.

I dont think people understand what a pioneer is.

The only thing you've drawn light to is the fact that you have less knowledge of Bruce Lee than a ten year old watching Dragon for the first time.

He was an actor. If he could actually fight he would have proved it by you know, actually fighting. Loads of people offered him the chance to show his supposed fighting prowess but he always declined. Bruce Lee fanboys are like cult members.

If you want a laugh watch Bruce Lee on the heavy bag

<36>

He's fucking shit. It's boxercise level striking, no different to what you would see from average Joe's hitting a heavybag in their garage. Weak arm punches with zero power and he's not even especially quick.

Nice, I am not the only one who thinks like that.

A lot of morons in this thread.

Bruce was a genius, a bright light that had more output than everyone in this thread combined multiple times over. People trying to downgrade him are foolish.
I would literally smash Bruce in MMA fight :D He's 130 pounds and 171 cm height.

Can you give me a break? He's actor, great speaker, inspired a lot of people. That's all good. Why he has to be such a legit fighter? Why we need to hyperbolate?

Bruce Lee was ahead of his time. Let’s just leave it at that. He trained hard and was physically gifted. Different era

Looks pretty good to me.

Commence arguing on whether he'd be good in mma and whether he was ever really good.

I think he would train, learn and adapt and would be a force.

Also, it's in the UFC forum because he is a UFC fighter in the EA games!

He has the same MMA record as I do.
0-0.
He would get worked in a real fight against real fighters.

He is super clever with his lead hand on the counter. Great foot speed. Let's see him defend the takedown tho haha

Personally I think Victor Creed would kick his ass but that's just me.

Bruce lee hating has become cool because mma bros need to act cool and act like they know what they are talking about. Whether its boxing or traditional MA, mma fans always love to compare.

Anyone who knows anything about Lee knows he was ahead of his time, and that he could fight. It really is that simple.

You arent cool and contrarion by hating on bruce lee. You are just wrong. This is not a troll post.

Bruce Lee is nobody in fight bussiness. He trained various styles and managed to become an icon, a movie star. That's great.

But he doesn't have fighting record. Please don't mention those street fights...

Better, better. You're really capturing that clueless vibe. It marries well w/ the ironic self-assuredness. Let's se how far you can take this.

Why are people going after the legacy of a guy that promoted and greatly influenced the sport we all love?

Championship sides would easily trash 1920s Arsenal teams.
The worst team in the NBA last season would trash 1950s Celtics.
Most pro swimmers now can beat Mark Spitz in his prime.
Roger Bannister's record is routinely beaten.

Doesn't what those guys did was any less incredible.
Let's stop comparing apples and oranges.

He cross trained in Wing Chun, boxing, western boxing, judo, kenpo, kendo, kali, escrima, and adopted weight training. His training and idea of a progressive martial art was a novelty. MMA is progressive in the same way.

He also beat up Chuck Norris in Rome, beat Kareem Abdul Jabaar in an underground basement fight, and defeated dozens of worthy opponents on an island near Hong Kong.

He also one punched Jackie chan

Only casuals think Bruce Lee would be successful in MMA
You've gotta take it into perspective. You can't take Lee as he was and put him in an MMA match and expect him to get out of the first round.

What if you gave him the training facilities and time and knowledge etc, how would he integrate that with his style. In fact, if you gave him all that, he might have a completely different style. It's just like the P4P discussion.

Back