Brian Ortega finally compensated by UFC, will wait for title fight with Max Holloway.

He should never have got show money as he did fuck all but he should have got a small sum to pay his coaches and keep a little something for himself.

A couple things.,... They wouldn't just give him the belt if they stripped Max of the belt. Ortega isn't the interim champ.....

Them doing a 360 means nothing changed. You mean a 180...
Guess you're right.
Thanks for wasting both of our times pointing that one out despite completely understanding the context lol.

My point being that they didn't necessarily pay him anything and is more likely they offered compensatory alternatives regarding the next fight...
Now that's me re writing the same message in a simpler way, shall I repeat the same thing again even simpler or shall we just not reply by picking the bones out of something despite its irrelevence?
If not, I'll go full hexagon and give you something else to correct.[/QUOTE]

He does say Dana compensated him. Most people will take that as cash. But could also be a title guarantee and guaranteed points.
Literally repeated what I put in different words lol...
Was there really any need for this reply or you just letting me know that you understood the simple English that was in the original message?

It’s amazing people have to go on PR campaigns just to get money

Bet he never received a penny off WME, he is just trying to save face

It’s amazing people have to go on PR campaigns just to get money

Without unions or anything else, the media is basically the only way for fighters to put pressure on people like Dana over disputes like this.

I’m glad they did. It’s a bad look for a company that large to be nickel and dining the talent.

If Max had any kind of a stroke whatsoever he needs to retire immediately. No amount of glory or money in the fighting game is worth risking your life. Walk away.
He needs to put some muscle on his frame and quit cutting weight

But i agree
Damage is done. Retire

As far as Ortega
I dont even know who the fuck that is. Hes not in any situation to turn down fights

yeah on 3 days notice on a completely different opponent for a fight not for the title...
Yeah, they can't all be as fearless as Khabib.

atleast thats something. personally i think he should have got his show money and win bonus, reebok sponsorship, maxes show money and reebok championship sponsor, aswell as fight of the night and performance of the night bonuses.

but it be what it be.
I’m not trying to stir the pot, but why do you think he should get all that money? If the fight went on as planned, hed make nowhere near what you think he should be paid. Why do you say that

LMAO at all the UFC apologists on this board saying he was jeopardizing his career by asking for money. You chumps would have just gotten stiffed and liked it

I’m not trying to stir the pot, but why do you think he should get all that money? If the fight went on as planned, hed make nowhere near what you think he should be paid. Why do you say that
Because max clearly ducked him.

People jumping to conclusions on here lol.
It doesn't say that ortega was necessarily paid anything by Dana, but that they settled it and he's all good now....
Prob more like an agreed time frame for max or stripped and Ortega given belt.
Or a 60/40 ppv of championship fight.

Can't imagine they went full 360 on their decision about compensation pay.

Back