Brian Ortega finally compensated by UFC, will wait for title fight with Max Holloway.

Is Dana learning? I wonder.

So if it is all about preparing for an opponent for months, why did DrostanoloneCity face Edgar?
Ufc helped Dcity, Frankie gave Dcity a chance, Dcity ain't wanna due the same

In the event Max gets stripped.
Hope the UFC sticks it to Dcity and dicks him around with his title shot.

atleast thats something. personally i think he should have got his show money and win bonus, reebok sponsorship, maxes show money and reebok championship sponsor, aswell as fight of the night and performance of the night bonuses.

but it be what it be.

So if it is all about preparing for an opponent for months, why did DrostanoloneCity face Edgar?
lol at thinking fighters need to give others chances.

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

Bad move on Dana’s part now everyone’s gonna want to get paid for not fighting

I'm not a fan of Ortega he seems fake to me like early Jon Jones but, having said that, a fighter should get his show money when he shows.
It's not on him if his opponent can't make it. Once he weighs-in he should get his cheque.
There should be a 4 week window after which the fighter has the option to agree another opponent or just step on the scale and get paid.
For main events and co-mains the replacements should be agreed with both fighters beforehand and the replacement too so he/she can be on notice and training for it.
Agree that bonuses of any kind or PPV points are not payable if the bout is cancelled.

People jumping to conclusions on here lol.
It doesn't say that ortega was necessarily paid anything by Dana, but that they settled it and he's all good now....
Prob more like an agreed time frame for max or stripped and Ortega given belt.
Or a 60/40 ppv of championship fight.

Can't imagine they went full 360 on their decision about compensation pay.

He does say Dana compensated him. Most people will take that as cash. But could also be a title guarantee and guaranteed points.

Because Frankie made a dumb decision, does not mean Ortega should make the same dumb decision.

Y'all silly, a fighter should do what's best for himself not what's best for the company or the fans.

Saw his interview on LFA last night... Future Champion!!!

People jumping to conclusions on here lol.
It doesn't say that ortega was necessarily paid anything by Dana, but that they settled it and he's all good now....
Prob more like an agreed time frame for max or stripped and Ortega given belt.
Or a 60/40 ppv of championship fight.

Can't imagine they went full 360 on their decision about compensation pay.
A couple things.,... They wouldn't just give him the belt if they stripped Max of the belt. Ortega isn't the interim champ.....

Them doing a 360 means nothing changed. You mean a 180...

They should just force Max up.

Lmao @ Dana fanboys who were angry ortega wanted to be paid , you're all big time mad

Ortega bitched and moaned long enough he got himself some money

<mma4>

Dude crying for a handout instead of taking a fight againts a Journeyman <mma3>

Back