Brent Primus Injured, Chandler vs Girtz Set For Bellator 197 Main Event

I see people say this all the time, and I ask again: What exactly should they be doing for promotion and marketing, specifically, not just a vague response, please.The in-house tv commercials they are running on Paramount Network during Bar Rescue and other shows represent inventory they could otherwise sell for a pretty penny. Other than working with all the MMA media outlets and putting the weigh-ins and such on YouTube, what else should they do in your mind? Ads on Facebook? A billboard in Times Square? Pay Kim Kardashian to Tweet about Bellator? Just saying promotion & marketing is meaningless.

I think it's been said before in the thread but what about shoulder programming? Countdowns? Pre show and post show? People who watch Paramount probably don't even know Bellator exists.

I dont think Paramount would give up prime slots to let Bellator build a bigger following. I dont think Viacom would ever let Bellator leave Paramount but I think Bellator would do well on a streaming platform.

Those blocks of advertising time are set aside for that exact purpose, to promote the other shows on the channel. All networks have these preblocked spots. They also have preblocked spots sold to local advertisers that are different in all areas around the country. So them promoting Bellator on the other shows really isn't going out of their way.

How about replaying some Bellator shows, putting together highlight shows(ie: top ten KO's), weekly Bellator news program maybe, or an embedded type show. When UFC was on Spike you swore it was almost the UFC Network.

P.S.: The last part is what concerns me the most. It's almost like Paramount/Viacom is like here is your budget we'll see you next quarter or whatever. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but it doesn't come across like they are all in with Bellator.
Those aren't bad ideas, but Paramount is not a sports network so they don't have endless hours to dedicate to Bellator or MMA programing. I think you are remembering the old days of the UFC on Spike wrong, there was not THAT much UFC related shoulder programming like there is now on FS1 and FS2, which are all sports cable channels that have UFC related programming throughout the day oftentimes. Viacom should really take Bellator off of Paramount and make it an anchor of an all sports channel where they can dedicate more time to it.

I think it's been said before in the thread but what about shoulder programming? Countdowns? Pre show and post show? People who watch Paramount probably don't even know Bellator exists.

I dont think Paramount would give up prime slots to let Bellator build a bigger following. I dont think Viacom would ever let Bellator leave Paramount but I think Bellator would do well on a streaming platform.
If the Bellator promos on Bar Rescue and Cops don't convince people already watching Paramount to tune into Bellator, I don't think a Countdown or other MMA show will help much sadly.

Bellator has got to do something about these events and I'm pointing to you Coker and whatever cronnies sign off on this crap.

Here comes Chandler (one of your biggest home grown stars) and its literally crickets about this event. I bet you could pull the Chandler fight off this card and it does very similar ratings.

P.S.: It's getting to the point that as fans of Bellator if we want Bellator to stay in business I think its getting to the time of firing Coker.
Should have happened long ago. Coker wants to be friends with everyone and that creates a weird vibe if you run a fight company. Eventually fighters will take advantage.

They're simulcasting this card on CMT tonight as well. I wonder how many pepple get exposed to Bellator for the first time over there.

They're simulcasting this card on CMT tonight as well. I wonder how many pepple get exposed to Bellator for the first time over there.

They have done this in the past on some events. I think Bellator 192 did like 160K on CMT and Paramount did like high 700's.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this is. Maybe they are thinking of moving it to CMT permanently, IDK. Maybe there is plans to rebrand that channel in the future. That or CMT ratings are so much in the tank that throwing Bellator event simulcast is better than whatever else they have going on(probably this). Maybe their studies have shown a lot of people who watch CMT are also fans of MMA so they are trying to get them to tune into Bellator over on Paramount for events.

Either way I'm sure they are hoping to grab a few viewers to seek out Bellator on Paramount for future events.

Back