Brent Primus Injured, Chandler vs Girtz Set For Bellator 197 Main Event

Girtz is going to come to bang so I dont have a problem with that.

JUST BLEED!

He's at SBG in Ireland?

I would not be surprised if he was.

I am still amazed how he manage to fight like once a year and survive.
I guess them non Reebook sponsors does really pay off.

Girtz is a warrior and even with that horrible lightening bolt cut in his forehead still was throwing with Campos until they had to stop it

And really, I don't think Chandler gives a flying fuck about Primus, even if he has the title. Chandler said before the Yamaguchi fight he only wants to fight the best, and probably wants to go to the UFC. He's already had the title and wants to keep challenging himself.. I can appreciate that.

Been a fan of Chandler, Pitbull bros, Curran, Straus and Warren for a while. I think eventually Chandler and Patricio bounce and make it to the UFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy can't get healthy ever in his career. The guy is good for one fight a year and that is about it.

Chandler fight they should just make an interm belt because the chance of Primus putting on two or three fights in a twelve to fourteen month period is about impossible based on the last decade of data.

Bellator 197 Weigh-in Results:
Michael Chandler (155.3) vs. Brandon Girtz (156)

A.J. McKee (145.8) vs. Justin Lawrence (145.8)

Catchweight (160 pounds): Kevin Ferguson Jr. (159.8) vs. Devon Brock (160)

Joaquin Buckley (168.3) vs. Logan Storley (170.6)

Rebecca Ruth (125.3) vs. Juliana Velasquez (126)

Dominic Mazzotta (135.4) vs. Josh Sampo (135.4)

Catchweight (165 pounds): Derek Anderson (164.2) vs. Zak Bucia (164.9)

Jeff Crotty (170.8) vs. Jordan Dowdy (170.3)

Adam Cella (189) vs. DeWayne Diggs (186.8)

Joe Roye (*151) vs. Cort Wahle (144.9)

Catchweight (140 pounds): Justin Robbins (135.6) vs. A.J. Siscoe (140.6)

Eric Ellington (135.4) vs. Jordan Howard (136)

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Vi...at-at-Bellator-197-134957#CTMF1IXuGszqZJDc.99

I just realized how ironic it is that it was Chandler and not Primus whom substained an injury in this first bout

Bellator has got to do something about these events and I'm pointing to you Coker and whatever cronnies sign off on this crap.

Here comes Chandler (one of your biggest home grown stars) and its literally crickets about this event. I bet you could pull the Chandler fight off this card and it does very similar ratings.

P.S.: It's getting to the point that as fans of Bellator if we want Bellator to stay in business I think its getting to the time of firing Coker.

Bellator has got to do something about these events and I'm pointing to you Coker and whatever cronnies sign off on this crap.

Here comes Chandler (one of your biggest home grown stars) and its literally crickets about this event. I bet you could pull the Chandler fight off this card and it does very similar ratings.

P.S.: It's getting to the point that as fans of Bellator if we want Bellator to stay in business I think its getting to the time of firing Coker.
I'm not sure exactly what you expect Bellator to do more to promote the event. It's gotten covered by all the MMA news sites like usual, they have some interviews & highlight clips on their YouTube & web site and they have been running commercials on Paramount Network all week during popular shows like Bar Rescue. What else specifically do you expect them to do?

I'm not sure exactly what you expect Bellator to do more to promote the event. It's gotten covered by all the MMA new sites like usual, they have some interviews & highlight clips on their YouTube and web site and they have been running commercials on Paramount Network all week during popular shows like Bar Rescue. What else specifically do you expect them to do?

I'm expecting Coker and company to rework how they run the events. The current system they have been using since Coker came on board is failing. The ratings are showing that. The avg. ratings continue to slide downward. It has zero direction for any fan to follow. Each event is thrown together for just that event with usually little thought about the long term direction of any fighter on the card. I will say Coker's is putting more butts in the seats with the better talent.

As a last ditch effort to save the promotion they should do this...............Peak numbers haven't been bad for Coker, its everything else that falls flat. So figure out your 10-15 biggest draws, then the next 10-15 draws, and your 10 best up and comers. That pool of about 35 fighters should be told your fighting 3 times a year if your up to it and healthy. New UFC signings they get should be added to the list through out the year. Then they should set up about 10 events a year and those events should be riddled with these fighters and the rest of card can be rounded out with other guys on the roster. Make a reason for people to tune into your 2 or 2 half hour show for the whole thing. Because right now people are tuning in for the last 30 mins more or less. Then they can run another 6 to 10 shows a year that are more or less like the card we are getting today or last week. But hopefully your better overall ratings from your 10 big shows can bring up the avg. ratings for Bellator. If that doesn't work I think its just time to realize you are what you are and fans really aren't going to support it much. Signing someone like Fedor is just throwing money down the drain.

Last edited:
I think the worse thing about Bellator is Paramount. It great Viacom is ready to throw money at Bellator but it sucks they aren't giving Bellator the support it needs for promotion and marketing.

is this the official fight thread?

I think the worse thing about Bellator is Paramount. It great Viacom is ready to throw money at Bellator but it sucks they aren't giving Bellator the support it needs for promotion and marketing.
I see people say this all the time, and I ask again: What exactly should they be doing for promotion and marketing, specifically, not just a vague response, please.The in-house tv commercials they are running on Paramount Network during Bar Rescue and other shows represent inventory they could otherwise sell for a pretty penny. Other than working with all the MMA media outlets and putting the weigh-ins and such on YouTube, what else should they do in your mind? Ads on Facebook? A billboard in Times Square? Pay Kim Kardashian to Tweet about Bellator? Just saying promotion & marketing is meaningless.

I see people say this all the time, and I ask again: What exactly should they be doing for promotion and marketing, specifically, not just a vague response, please.The in-house tv commercials they are running on Paramount Network during Bar Rescue and other shows represent inventory they could otherwise sell for a pretty penny. Other than working with all the MMA media outlets and putting the weigh-ins and such on YouTube, what else should they do in your mind? Ads on Facebook? A billboard in Times Square? Pay Kim Kardashian to Tweet about Bellator? Just saying promotion & marketing is meaningless.
they need to be creative, to get more people invested in the fights they can create a free daily fantasy tournament for each event and give out as prizes t-shirts, the top prize can be tickets or autographed gloves. they can make a mobile fighting game with their fighters so ppl recognize the fighters better, not like that EA game but a simple 2-dimensional fight game for mobile, the idea is to have more people play as the fighters so they know who they are and can root for them in fights. they can put their fighters on paramount shows, have some fighters do ride alongs with Cops, make an appearance on bar rescue, like randy couture was on that lip sync show but of current fighters. this stuff does not cost a lot, there are ways to be creative, if anyone from bellator is reading this contact me if you need some software don for like a mobile fighting game or daily fantasy :)

there is so much they can do, this is just off the top of my head and i'm not in marketing, someone who has experience in marketing should know how to market stuff

Those blocks of advertising time are set aside for that exact purpose, to promote the other shows on the channel. All networks have these preblocked spots. They also have preblocked spots sold to local advertisers that are different in all areas around the country. So them promoting Bellator on the other shows really isn't going out of their way.

How about replaying some Bellator shows, putting together highlight shows(ie: top ten KO's), weekly Bellator news program maybe, or an embedded type show. When UFC was on Spike you swore it was almost the UFC Network.

P.S.: The last part is what concerns me the most. It's almost like Paramount/Viacom is like here is your budget we'll see you next quarter or whatever. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but it doesn't come across like they are all in with Bellator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back