Breitbart: Multiple sources say there is talk of removing Paul Ryan

Breitbart can go fuck itself. It is soviet-level propaganda.... likely funded by Russia.
No, way do you honestly believe that. It's propaganda, agenda was aligned with Russia in they were both pro Trump sure (Hillary might've meant war with them), but no way are they any more biased than CNN. Their articles are at least factually accurate (though often distortions of truth) whereas CNN just blatantly makes shit up.

Anyone remember one of my favorites? It was called "THE PAUL RYAN BUDGET!!!"

And these fucking morons gave him a major healthcare bill to tamper with.

Strike 2

Ryan will remain because there is nobody else who could get majority support, nor who would want it. McCarthy is too dumb, maybe Cathy McMorris Rodgers but I'm not sure she's just not in House Leadership because she's female. No way the moderates vote for a HFC member to be Speaker.

Breitbart isn't real news, it's government propaganda straight from the White House. This is just more Trump butthurt.

They won't imo. They replace him with a Freedom Caucus guy and they won't be able to pass anything.

It was revealed that Brietbart was owned/backed by the multi-Billionaire Mercer Family. It was a guarded secret, but in applying for WH Press Credentials they needed to reveal the ownership structure to meet guidelines and the like.

Here's a USAToday article about it -

The ownership of Breitbart has been a closely guarded secret, and Solov said he was reluctant to disclose it publicly. Breitbart is applying for press credentials through the Senate Daily Press Gallery, and the Standing Committee of Correspondents that serve as the gallery leadership had requested information about the site's ownership to ensure Breitbart meets the gallery's requirements for editorial independence.

Solov told the committee Friday that the three owners are him, the Mercer family and Andrew Breitbart's widow, Susie.

He would not disclose which members of the Mercer family were involved.

Billionaire hedge fund manager Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah have been key allies of Trump. The Mercers funded a PAC that supported Trump's candidacy, and Rebekah Mercer was part of Trump's transition team. The Mercers have been huge donors to conservative causes, and Politico last fall called Rebekah Mercer "the most powerful woman in GOP politics." The Center for Responsive Politics lists Robert Mercer as one of the 10 top political donors of 2016, having given more than $22 million to conservative causes.
Initially the Mercer's backed Ted Cruz' bid, but quickly jumped to Trump when he secured the nomination. Kelly Anne Conway is connected to the Mercer Group, and now we know Bannon is as well. IIRC Prince/Devos Family is in deep with them as well.

The Rubeing in this thread is amazing.
The bill failed because it sucked and the GOP would lose votes if it passed. The poor white base would lose their Obamacare and would vote against who voted for it.
Dumbass Orange con man wasted political capital on a bill that was destined to fail. Once the Koch's injected themselves in it, it was game over for the bill.

I think that would be a good thing.

I don't think Paul Ryan is the leader the Republicans need right now.
Well, there is a Republican President sitting in office right now. One would think he would be considered the Republican leader at the moment.

Well, there is a Republican President sitting in office right now. One would think he would be considered the Republican leader at the moment.
There's some pretty corrupt republicans too. And some are Trumps enemy.

Trump has some work to do and many obstacles to fight. Some in the republican party.

Well this should let Trump know that he has to lead moving forward. Deferring to the corporate shills in congress will doom his presidency and legacy. Hopefully they just let Obamacare blow up, pick up a few more senate seats, write a new bill with someone like Rand Paul, and then pass a new bill in 2018. And in the meantime move on with the rest of his agenda.

There's some pretty corrupt republicans too. And some are Trumps enemy.

Trump has some work to do and many obstacles to fight. Some in the republican party.

Well this should let Trump know that he has to lead moving forward. Deferring to the corporate shills in congress will doom his presidency and legacy. Hopefully they just let Obamacare blow up, pick up a few more senate seats, write a new bill with someone like Rand Paul, and then pass a new bill in 2018. And in the meantime move on with the rest of his agenda.

How do you guys feel about a single payer system (socialized health care) paid for by raising taxes on anyone making over $1 million a year?

How do you guys feel about a single payer system (socialized health care) paid for by raising taxes on anyone making over $1 million a year?
I don't like socialized medicine.

I don't trust govt to take over the industry. We lose freedom that way.

Americans are so unhealthy, I think we won't be able to afford it long term.

There needs to be personal responsibility, healthcare is not a right in my opinion.

Those are my basic quick thoughts

I see Trump giving us a liberal type health system though. Don't ask me how far liberal though.

I don't like socialized medicine.

I don't trust govt to take over the industry. We lose freedom that way.

Americans are so unhealthy, I think we won't be able to afford it long term.

There needs to be personal responsibility, healthcare is not a right in my opinion.

Those are my basic quick thoughts

I see Trump giving us a liberal type health system though. Don't ask me how far liberal though.
Aye, it should be up to individuals, and I understand not wanting government in health care. Americans can be pretty unhealthy, it's one of the perks of living in an industrialized western nation with some of the cheapest and most abundant food on the planet (combined with the sedentary life style) We have so many resources at our feet, that even the poor can get fat. But the doctors and pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, etc. are also taking advantage of average Americans, charging gigantic co-pays for asprin and trying to get their patients hooked on any pill they can, just because they get paid more doing it. The whole system is a mess.

Aye, it should be up to individuals, and I understand not wanting government in health care. Americans can be pretty unhealthy, it's one of the perks of living in an industrialized western nation with some of the cheapest and most abundant food on the planet (combined with the sedentary life style) We have so many resources at our feet, that even the poor can get fat. But the doctors and pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, etc. are also taking advantage of average Americans, charging gigantic co-pays for asprin and trying to get their patients hooked on any pill they can, just because they get paid more doing it. The whole system is a mess.
I don't blame the doctors for these problems or for the cost.

I know of a couple doctors and they do well but don't seem like filthy rich at all. They're just regular dudes.

Edit: There is an anesthesiologist who lives in my county. Now he does live in a mansion.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am just wondering if there is any working healthcare system in a major country that doesn't have the government involved in it?
I don't like the government either but it seems for healthcare it is somehow needed to have them involved.

Back