GSP Officially No Longer Middleweight Champion - Vacates the Belt.

But... Why?

I don' want Rockhold to be champ again ffs...

Last edited:
Well done Georges. Hopefully Ferguson does the same now that he is out injured.

Whittaker is and always has been the champ ever since he beat Yoel.

Fucking pathetic, handpicked Bisping to his comeback and now will probably search some stupid money fight. What a disappointment.

At least he is not holding a weight class like the leprechaun tho.

Good move by GSP. I’m going to watch Whittaker v Rockhold in person. Now that it’s going to be for the real belt, makes it even sweeter.

K9Y98.gif

weak, but expected. Oh well at least we get to move on now.

That escalated quickly.

Colitis/pussyitis 50-44

Great news. Division moves on. Fans are spared the sight of GSP getting slaughtered.

So when da fuck do they strip Canner?

If he doesn't want to fight at middleweight, that's fair enough. At least he admitted it and promptly vacated the belt.

<mma4>

Mucho respect for GSP. Fuck all you haters.

EDIT: In support of my comment, I want to include the quote from GSP from the UFC press release:

St-Pierre informed the organization, “My fight at UFC 217 was one of the greatest nights of my life but I now need to take some time to focus on my health. Out of respect to the athletes and the sport, I don’t want to hold up the division. I will be giving up my belt and once I’m healthy I look forward to working with the UFC to determine what’s next in my career.”

Last edited:
Forever grateful for GSP taking the belt from Bisping whose entire championship run was one long ducking campaign.

Doesnt matter. Gsp is the lineal ww and mw champ. They can fight for the garbage belt.

well, now time to strip the manlet

I didnt expect him to stay at MW
Bisping was a good fight style wise but other top MW's would have killed GSP. Smart move.

However Woodley IMO is a bad style match up for GSP so it will be interesting who he fights next.

Back