BREAKING: Damien Brown steps up to fight Zabit Magomedsharipov

He called out Artem in his fucking debut. That was half a year ago.

He called out Yair in his second fight.

You expect him to call out someone before he even had his first fight? <Huh2>

I think you mis-read my post. I'm talking about more recently, not before his first fight in the UFC, you dilly dilly.

Booo. This guy sucks and doesn't do anything to help Zabit gain more exposure.

Pretty much agree. Except the fact that he's comfortable on the ground rly opens up his striking and makes defending against his striking harder for opponents because they have the threat of a takedown to worry about. Also I think it was more of a hook if it's the fight I'm thinking of. Oh yeah and I have never seen Conor throw a 2 touch in the octagon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Zabit and that guy that just fought...forget his name...he's a middleweight I believe..he also had incredible standup...reminded me of anderson silver...but more precise...but his ground game probably needs work. he just fought last week...made his debut.

Well, I think over all, you might be right...but I think for what conor does, he does it the best...he used to do all those spinning kicks...not what Zabit does, but he did all those fancy spinning kicks...But he stopped doing that in the 2nd nate fight and the Eddie fight...he pretty much just uses basic kicks to set up his punches....

I need to see how zabit does against tougher opponents...then we will have an idea of just how good he is...but from all the fights I have seen of him...the guy is a legit mutant...I saw him ko a guy with a freaken jab...haha

Conor can’t kick for shit. Glad he stopped those “fancy spin kicks” aka useless capoeira kicks that didn’t come close to landing.

1. i got to give respect to those guys who would've taken or are willing to take this fight!
Lobov and Brown...

Zabit is the hottest prospect right now and a nightmare match up for everybody at 145...

2. Today, as a hot prospect and massivley talented fighter in all areas...this is what you get when you absolutley run through you first two opponents.

You get noticed...but you get avoided by the guys with better names and a higher rank...

I don't think most of them are afraid to fight those guys...they are more afraid of losing their spot and losing to a guy with a name they or a lot of people probably can not pronounce the right way...
High hisk...low reward for them.

Fuck no Zabit deserves a step-up in competition.

Give him at least a top 20-15.

Conor can’t kick for shit. Glad he stopped those “fancy spin kicks” aka useless capoeira kicks that didn’t come close to landing.

He landed some...and he has some good basic body kicks...which he used very effectively against mendes...but he seemed to use his kicks to set up his punches...He's actually a very good kicker...isn't a knockout kicker...but still has some good kicks.

That's bullshit, dude.

I hate Conor, but he has a great front leg side kick among other kicks.

i always wondered if zabit is more or less the same in russian as it is in other slavic languages...

zabit meaning "kills" or "he kills"

I have only one question....who the hell beat Zabit...he has 1 loss on his record....how did anyone beat this guy? must have been very early on. anyone have info about this....I'll google it and see..but just curious...

another pointless fight

love to see Zabit fight someone that would test him not this disgusting squash match

I think you mis-read my post. I'm talking about more recently, not before his first fight in the UFC, you dilly dilly.

He called out people months ago. Yair and Artem both.

I have only one question....who the hell beat Zabit...he has 1 loss on his record....how did anyone beat this guy? must have been very early on. anyone have info about this....I'll google it and see..but just curious...

I do know about that fight. It was the finals of the Russia MMA Union National Championships. Winners then go on to fight in the WMMAA World Championships.

The two had to go through like 5 fights across 2 days just a few days earlier before making it to the Finals.

Edit: That's the amateur loss he had.

When a guy who hasn't won his last 3 fights has to step up while everyone else is out here ducking and dodging. <26>

I'm guessing this is a ploy to not get cut. But if it gets Zabit a fight, then I can see it happening. Shame because it doesn't advance Zabit at all, although it might get Brown an extension.

Brown is tough mf, but i agree with u
he has nothing to lose and if he can really get the w he could avoid to get cut

He called out people months ago. Yair and Artem both.

I seen the Artem call out after he won one of his fights and there was a picture of them squaring off in what looked like a night club in Russia, so thought they would inevitably fight. Artem said he was all go to fight him, despite Abdelaziz and whoever Tweeted that Kavanagh said 'no' Didn't hear that about Yair before - but when it's a fighter managed by Abdelaziz, I tend to be skeptical of him.

He's a good fighter from what we've seen, but probably aiming a bit too high at this stage, though I'd watch him in any of those fights.

I seen the Artem call out after he won one of his fights and there was a picture of them squaring off in what looked like a night club in Russia, so thought they would inevitably fight. Artem said he was all go to fight him, despite Abdelaziz and whoever Tweeted that Kavanagh said 'no' Didn't hear that about Yair before - but when it's a fighter managed by Abdelaziz, I tend to be skeptical of him.

He's a good fighter from what we've seen, but probably aiming a bit too high at this stage, though I'd watch him in any of those fights.

So skeptical that he must be bullshit yet the fighter's he's tagged haven't called him out for being bullshit if you were remotely correct about your assertion.

Its evident they were approached but didn't want it for whatever reasons.

So skeptical that he must be bullshit yet the fighter's he's tagged haven't called him out for being bullshit if you were remotely correct about your assertion.

Its evident they were approached but didn't want it for whatever reasons.

I read some Tweets from Artem saying it wasn't true. Just because the others didn't write anything back doesn't necessarily mean they were approached or are scared to fight him. That's the impression I got from Abdelaziz when he went on his rant on Helwani's show.

From reading the stuff that's being out there about him, to the random Tweets by his fighters telling everyone what an amazing man he is, to threatening people to 'shut their mouths' when they'd slaughter him - it's hard not to be skeptical of him.

I read some Tweets from Artem saying it wasn't true. Just because the others didn't write anything back doesn't necessarily mean they were approached or are scared to fight him. That's the impression I got from Abdelaziz when he went on his rant on Helwani's show.

From reading the stuff that's being out there about him, to the random Tweets by his fighters telling everyone what an amazing man he is, to threatening people to 'shut their mouths' when they'd slaughter him - it's hard not to be skeptical of him.

What isn't true? Artem did want the fight, but his team didn't want it. Why else do you think it didn't happen.

Back