BREAKING: Damien Brown steps up to fight Zabit Magomedsharipov

14-1

ALL wiki no links

Just kidding..not about every single one having no links but it doesn’t matter

14-1

ALL wiki no links

Just kidding..not about every single one having no links but it doesn’t matter

You're smoking crack if you're only going by fighters who have wiki links. There's plenty great foreign fighters without English Wikipedia pages.

Zabit easily beats 90% of the guys at Featherweight.

You're smoking crack if you're only going by fighters who have wiki links. There's plenty great foreign fighters without English Wikipedia pages. Zabit could easily beat 95% of the guys at Featherweight.

Did you finish reading my post before you composed your response? I said it didnt matter. No edits. I know who atleast half those guys are. I was spoofing the attitude of thinking the Wikipedia red name(now just no links) means anything. You see that a lot here

At least someone is willing to fight him... But this will end bad for Brown. Plus... can Zabit get a name opponent before retirement. ;)
Who da fuq wants to fight a guy named Zabit, from Dagestan, that can strike like Anderson Silva and grapple like Khabib???? "Yeah, Im cool wid taking a pass on that one....gimme Bisping or Pettis, please. Heck, give me Stipe above that dude.".

Brown wants to fight at FW next, he always has been the smaller guy in his fights.

He's probably going to be raped by Zabit but who cares, i just wanna see the beast perform again. Brown has a good chin and will come to fight, his fight with Camacho was insane

<{JustBleed}>
I honestly don't think Brown could make 145. Where did you read that he was looking to drop down?

Zabit is on his way up -- he's one of the biggest prospects in the sport at the moment (in terms of obvious talent and lack of exposure), and Brown is losing fights on the prelims. His contract is on the line. Just because he's tough, doesn't mean the fight makes sense.

Zabit having literally zero takers in his own division is getting a little ridiculous.

Honestly, at this point, he should just get a title shot if that's how things are gonna roll with the rest of the dudes in the top 10 lol.

Did you finish reading my post before you composed your response? I said it didnt matter. No edits. I know who atleast half those guys are. I was spoofing the attitude of thinking the Wikipedia red name(now just no links) means anything. You see that a lot here

I read that and thought so, and I agree.

Plus, there's rules for who can get Wikipedia pages otherwise they get deleted. Overseas promotions usually don't get media coverage so articles often can't be sourced. That combined with no fights in a "major promotion" (which Wiki MMA counts as UFC and Bellator, basically) means a page created would get deleted.

Also, for some reason I just pictured Damien Brown as some guy who had the jiu jitsu of Damian Maia and the just bleed mentality of Matt Brown and got really worried for Zabit for a second.

You know what, I wouldn't mind if Zabit tried his hand at Brown at catchweight (150 lb?). If he's left with 0 takers at FW, this might still be a good way to test himself by facing the bigger guy. Its an option.
See, this is what's bullshit. 5 opponents have turned him down. What the fuck is that about? They can't all have timing/injury issues. They just don't want to fight him because he's so dangerous.

How do all these fighters get to the elite level of the sport and be in the position to turn down fights? It's bullshit. I hate how the UFC is allowing fighters all this picking and choosing flexibility.

Surely someone in the top 15 can take the fight. Or better yet, be MADE to take the fight.

LOL he's gonna regret doing that

I totally understand why none of the elite guys want to fight Zabit... it makes sense honestly you don't want to be his first big win and get smashed by him before anyone knows who he is but come on

These guys are out here calling themselves warriors and shit and no one will take a fight with an untested 26 year old? If you can't beat him now you'll never beat him so someone needs to man up and give the kid his shot

Another victim. Then again Zabit will have all victims until top 5s which is why no one will fight him. If I was Dana I'd just put him in top 5 since no one will fight him.

I have no interest, Brown is very low level. Well I only seen 3 of his fights but he didn't look good in any of them. Zabit should be fighting someone much better, its a squash match.

How many fighters on the roster at BW, surely there must be someone at least mid-tier who will take that fight.

See, this is what's bullshit. 5 opponents have turned him down. What the fuck is that about? They can't all have timing/injury issues. They just don't want to fight him because he's so dangerous.

How do all these fighters get to the elite level of the sport and be in the position to turn down fights? It's bullshit. I hate how the UFC is allowing fighters all this picking and choosing flexibility.

Surely someone in the top 15 can take the fight. Or better yet, be MADE to take the fight.

UFC doesn't even make its champions defend against their top contenders. We've seen it with Alvarez with Khabib, Bisping with Yoel, Conor with Tony, and now Woodley with RDA. Its ridiculous. Even in boxing, the champ gets stripped if they don't face their mandatory challenger. UFC has no mandatories.

1. He just fought. Can he be cleared to fight so soon? Any kind of medical suspension?

2. Is that fight official or they only verbally agreed to fight? I know everyone wants to see Zabit fight asap but this fight absolutely makes no sense. If anything Brown might be cut within the next few days.

UFC doesn't even make its champions defend against their top contenders. We've seen it with Alvarez with Khabib, Bisping with Yoel, Conor with Tony, and now Woodley with RDA. Its ridiculous. Even in boxing, the champ gets stripped if they don't face their mandatory challenger. UFC has no mandatories.
This is why the Org is going to shit.

You know what would be an easy fix? Tournaments. Have an 8 man tournament in the division including Zabit. No one can duck him if they agree to the tournament. Winner gets an immediate title shot. There's a reason why Bellator and Pride's Gran Prix events always do so well. People get invested in the tournament and the structure and no one can duck anyone.

As far as champs, it's almost laughable that you can be the title holder and refuse to fight the top contenders. No wonder Dana hates Woodley and MM. The Bisping title reign freakshow was laughable and backfired in a big way when the top contenders wiped each other out, GSP left, and no we are looking at a rematch of the first fucking interim title for the real championship.

The Romero/Whitakker fight sold poorly, and they could have made much more money if it had been for the real belt.

I read that and thought so, and I agree.

Plus, there's rules for who can get Wikipedia pages otherwise they get deleted. Overseas promotions usually don't get media coverage so articles often can't be sourced. That combined with no fights in a "major promotion" (which Wiki MMA counts as UFC and Bellator, basically) means a page created would get deleted.

I know. I remember following the crusade by some wiki user who’s activity consisted of editing the Americas Next Top Model page. He argued that just about no MMA event carried the appropriate amount of historical significance to command its own Wikipedia page. Rumble in the Jungle was his benchmark. I guess he succeeded because after that a lot of stuff got deleted or moved to one page. UFC events for the most part still have their own page but it’s no longer the case that being in the UFC gets you a wiki page. A lot of fighters were deleted as well. Just don’t understand why anybody could give a shit to want something removed for no reason other than being a busy body.

Back