Breakdown Of Conor's Takedown Defense

Khabib is going to have a hard time getting close enough to Conor without getting face planted.

Oh because they claimed it on a documentary, it must be true!
His knee troubles were long rumored and the main story line of "Notorious' were the knee troubles for the Mendes fight. In fairness, it's gravity and seriousness could have been edited to heighten the drama of it all, and Conor is the type that would want any portrayal of him to present him like a God, but I still suspect something was there that made him alter his training. Heck, look at the pre Brimage/Holloway weigh in photos and then the pre Mendes one: somethin changed big time during that time and after he screwed his knee. After all, he did come back in like 1/3 the time it takes normal fighters to recover from an injury, and he is crazy enough to believe his mastery of the 'The Secret' could over power the laws of science.

I love all the virgins here that think they know more than professionals.

You don't need to be a professional to figure out the obvious. Only simps like you need to be spoon fed knowledge that your eyes and brain can assimilate

Watch how easily he stops a shot from by far the worst wrestler in the LW top 15

BlankWarmCaecilian.gif
Watch how easily he sweeps one of the best BJJ black belts in the LW top 15.

You're an idiot that wasn't even a punch, look at the bolo uppercut that Conor landed on Floyd. Even though it bounced of floyds chest first it still rocked him.

Floyd redirected his cross counter and punched Conors shoulder before the uppercut landed, taking most of the power out of it.

Genius.

Watch how easily he sweeps one of the best BJJ black belts in the LW top 15.
Nate literally tried to walk into guard..

No respect for Conors ground game, he was completely okay with being on the bottom.

I25OxhD.gif
Check this guy out, starts a thread about Conor's TD defense like it's a real thing? His current TD defense is not to fight mma...

Do you remember Chad Mendes? there you go.

If Khabib can pressure McG to the point he can't counter or set distance (two of his main strategies) he is done.
Up against the top wrestler in the division with a bum knee tbf and Conors tdd has improved since.

Khabib isn't a takedown artist like GSP or even Mendes, he relies on his strikes to close the distance and always needs like 5+ attempts to actually get his opponent down.

The problem is that Conor won't fall for his feints and counter him with ease, when Khabib is concussed he's not taking down shit.
Khabib has been able to get to EVERYONE he has faced. He has only failed to take one guy down in his career. And that guy was a roided up, huge 155er with historic TDD. Conor will most likely not be able to shrug Khabib off of him once he gets ahold of him.

Up against the top wrestler in the division with a bum knee tbf and Conors tdd has improved since.
The difference is Khabib is much bigger, and much stronger than Mendes. Add to that, he doesn't have to shoot for takedowns to get them. He can pressure Conor and get within grappling range using his striking and stiff striking defense.

Let's put it this way; if these two ever fight, Conor would 100% need to catch Khabib absolutely flush and basically put him out with one shot as Khabib comes in, because if he can't/doesn't, Khabib will keep trekking forward like he always does until he gets his hands on him. Then the fight is in Khabib's world.

Khabib is going to have a hard time getting close enough to Conor without getting face planted.

Your boy will have about 45 seconds to land a good shot before he is pressured against the cage, tripped and smashed to pieces. Considering it took Conor 5 knockdowns to finish chinny Eddie I don't like his chances.

You miss the point of the video, Eddie and Mendes never even got the clinch because they couldn't close the distance even though they have better movement and striking to do exactly that.
Conor isn't retreating to the cage he'll stand in the centre, circle and counter Khabib all day long.

If only you had actual facts in your post, then it wouldn't be so easy for me to destroy your pathetic "arguments".
You are completely wrong when you say Alvarez never even got the clinch. He 100% did, he just couldn't do anything with it because Conor was definitely the bigger and stronger fighter. This wouldn't be the case if that was Khabib in there with him.

Timestamped for you.

I see a Gracie BB completely fearless against McGregor's shitty grappling, and allowed himself to be swept and was willing to play guard.
I see a UFC champion completely fearless against Nate's shitty wrestling, and allowed himself to be taken down and was willing to play guard.

I like how the original post had a "I'm just coming at this from a completely un-biased neutral POV, my observations are just what I see." but once the counters and challenging replies started coming in the OPers tone went completely in the "Colin won't be scared, best takedown defense, he will be peppering him with shots, Khabib and his striking is shit!" Lol

Lol bum knee and improved tdd

Clearly had a bum knee tbf, the irony is that Aldo would have had a good chance at UFC189 but him pulling out backfired spectacularly as he had to face a 100% Conor instead.

Back