Breakdown Of Conor's Takedown Defense

Well neither Eddie nor Mendes are chain wrestlers are particular skilled in the clinch. The comparison is pretty silly.

That is not true at all. Khabib typically lands TDs on his second or third attempt (in one chain). He is an incredibly skilled TD artist especially in the clinch. There are quite a few examples of him not setting up TDs with striker. Most of his striking comes when people retreat towards the cage.

Obviously you don't care and will claim Conor will effortlessly stop the TD regardless of any facts. I thought I'd correct you anyway.
You miss the point of the video, Eddie and Mendes never even got the clinch because they couldn't close the distance even though they have better movement and striking to do exactly that.
Conor isn't retreating to the cage he'll stand in the centre, circle and counter Khabib all day long.

If only you had actual facts in your post, then it wouldn't be so easy for me to destroy your pathetic "arguments".

Khabib isn't a takedown artist like GSP or even Mendes, he relies on his strikes to close the distance and always needs like 5+ attempts to actually get his opponent down.

The problem is that Conor won't fall for his feints and counter him with ease, when Khabib is concussed he's not taking down shit.

He won't be concussed though, as Conor's "power" only works on onrushing manlets.

Khabib is not a manlet. He is a big, sturdy 155 pounder that walked through a Barboza headkick like nothing.

UepSTfZ.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

{<jordan}

You miss the point of the video, Eddie and Mendes never even got the clinch because they couldn't close the distance even though they have better movement and striking to do exactly that.
Conor isn't retreating to the cage he'll stand in the centre, circle and counter Khabib all day long.

Much lesser fighters have gotten Conor in the clinch....And yes, Eddie got the clinch on Conor. Not sure how you could have possibly forgot that.

I'm afraid you're attempting to use very wishful thinking rather than anything realistic....I mean, can you name 1 fighter who attempted to get a clinch on Conor and failed?

And more importantly....Conor is never going to fight Khabib and for very obvious reasons.

He won't be concussed though, as Conor's "power" only works on onrushing manlets.

Khabib is not a manlet. He is a big, sturdy 155 pounder that walked through a Barboza headkick like nothing.

UepSTfZ.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

{<jordan}
You're an idiot that wasn't even a punch, look at the bolo uppercut that Conor landed on Floyd. Even though it bounced of floyds chest first it still rocked him.

Do you mean the Mendes with faster more explosive takedowns than Khabib could ever hope to have but was still destroyed by conor?

Its because Khabib can't do that, his striking is garbage and he doesn't have Diaz's chin.

Conor is bigger than Mendes. People forget that one of Conor’s greatest assets is his size advantage he holds over 99% of his opponents. Can Conor beat an elite grappler that is not smaller that he is? I think Conor will be more cautious and this will be an advantage for Khabib.

You're an idiot that wasn't even a punch, look at the bolo uppercut that Conor landed on Floyd. Even though it bounced of floyds chest first it still rocked him.

Yeah, Floyd was so "rocked." hahaha

Floyd had zero respect for Conor's power whatsoever.

If only you had actual facts in your post, then it wouldn't be so easy for me to destroy your pathetic "arguments".
Both got the clinch several times. Both also caught mid kicks more than once. What you said is, once again, simply not true.

Your previous statement on Khabib failing 5 attempts before landing one is also false. In all of his fights aside from the Tibau fight he also finishes his TDs on the third attempt at the latest. He rarely has to start more than one chain per round.

Khabib has displayed the ability to secure TDs without striking on several occasions. The MJ fight is the best example of this where he simply defends and pressures MJ until he secures an opening.

Conor also does not tend to stay in the center of the Octagon for long. He has a tendency to try pressing people to the cage and cutting them off from the rest of the ring. He did this to Mendes And Alvarez at points. When he is pressured he can and has been put on the back foot.

The video made quite a few solid points but ignored a few others. Besides Khabib is nothing like the other two so the comparison of styles is pointless.

Eddie said himself he abandoned the plan to take Conor down early and instead just brawled and by the time he tried to take Conor down the damage had accumulated.

All the Mendes fight proved is Conor can't sprawl worth a damn.

It did not rock him, it barely got his attention you filthy McNuthugger. By boxing standards, Pillowfists McGregory has no power at all. Even in MMA his success is down to timing, accuracy, and fighting manlets.

tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif

Awful thread by a terrible poster

It did not rock him, it barely got his attention you filthy McNuthugger. By boxing standards, Pillowfists McGregory has no power at all. Even in MMA his success is down to timing, accuracy, and fighting manlets.

tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif
DW lost a bet to Shannon Sharpe because DW said that if Conor lands flush on Mayweather then Mayweather was hitting the canvas.

Here is a video of DW paying up.

DW lost a bet to Shannon Sharpe because DW said that if Conor lands flush on Mayweather then Mayweather was hitting the canvas.

Here is a video of DW paying up.

And don't forget Joe Rogan and Brendan "I agree Joe" Schaub slurping away on Conor's nutsack talking about the "touch of death", and "If he touches Floyd once, that's it".

<36>

Jesus christ. The level of combined hype and ignorance was something to behold, never seen anything like it, and I've been watching boxing and MMA since I was a kid.

Floyd walked him down and showed less respect than I've seen him give journeymen. All this while being 40 years old and 20 pounds lighter.

Do you remember Chad Mendes? there you go.

If Khabib can pressure McG to the point he can't counter or set distance (two of his main strategies) he is done.
Not really relatable, seeing as Conor had a bum knee (see the documentary), gave 0 f's while winging spinning kicks/flying knees/etc and this was long before "efficient humbled McGregor" was born. Now, Conor fights smart and if he respects Eddie's TD game, he'll atleast try his best to hespect Khabib's.

Mendes vs Khabib. Who wins?
Would be an awesome fight burn I think Khabib would put on a clinic. Mendes is such a good fighter tho and does not receive his credit and definitely got a raw deal having a short camp vs Conor, getting us chin destroyed and then not giving his chin time to recover vs Frankie.

Very good explanation of Conor's takedown defense strategy and why it was effective against Alvarez and Mendes. It makes alot of sense why Eddie(technical wrestler and striker himself) was dominated so badly, he relies on feints to keep his opponent guessing to set up either his overhands or takedowns; when Conor wouldn't fall for anything and saw Eddie's moves coming he was a deadman walking.

Do you guys think his defense will be enough to stop Khabib's takedowns or atleast leave him open to being intercepted by a huge left hand?

I personally think that Khabib is going to have a very tough time taking conor down and conor will have a field day countering Khabib's sloppy winging hay makers. Khabib's a tough dude though so he isn't going down in the first round, he'll come back in the second on a suicide mission and shoot from across the entire cage; running straight into conor's left and have his neck broken from his forward momentum crashing into an immovable object.

Didn't bother reading.
Conor is not an active fighter.
Whenever the nuthuggers will realise this so they can leave this forum already...

Not really relatable, seeing as Conor had a bum knee (see the documentary), gave 0 f's while winging spinning kicks/flying knees/etc and this was long before "efficient humbled McGregor" was born. Now, Conor fights smart and if he respects Eddie's TD game, he'll atleast try his best to hespect Khabib's.

Oh because they claimed it on a documentary, it must be true!

Mendes vs Khabib. Who wins?
I personally think it would be much more interesting fight then your typical Khabib ragdolls him reply you would get. Mendes hits hard and high level grappling in his own right. He submitted Jeff Glover a year ago, which is damn impressive.

Rocked him....
tumblr_ob562e8PZi1vayxj5o1_500.gif

Back