BRAWL IN CELL BLOCK 99 from Bone Tomahawk Writer-Director (Update: Out Now on VOD)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Trailer for BRAWL IN CELL BLOCK 99 from BONE TOMAHAWK Writer-Director

A former boxer named Bradley (Vince Vaughn) loses his job as an auto mechanic, and his troubled marriage is about to end. At this crossroads in his life, he feels that he has no better option than to work for an old buddy as a drug courier. This improves his situation until the terrible day that he finds himself in a gunfight between a group of police officers and his own ruthless allies. When the smoke clears, Bradley is badly hurt and thrown in prison, where his enemies force him to commit acts of violence that turn the place into a savage battleground. In theaters October 6 and On Demand October 13.

@Jimmy Jazz Remember that time I recommended Bone Tomahawk to you [Link]. You might be interested in this since it's from the same writer-director.

I heard about this one a little while back.

I'm not 100% sure how much that trailer did for me, but I am definitely down for something new from the writer/director of Bone Tomahawk. And I always think it's interesting to see Vaughn play a more dramatic role (which seems to be something he's trying to do a lot more of these days).

Last edited by a moderator:
Been staying away from info on this one since it popped up as 'in production' on IMDB (fuck that website tho) a year ago. I never watch trailers etc., yada yada. Really looking forward to this.

October 13th! Exciting.

Looks promising. Vaughn using his fists like sledgehammers.
Bone Tomahawk was a pretty damn good western. It gets a little weird at the end, but a good flick nonetheless. And I fashion myself as a Western movie connoisseur. Definitely worth a once or twice go around.

My favorite Vaughn character
=
1998-clay-pigeons011.jpg

He plays a conVinceing bad ass.

Get it?

Lol!

I make myself laugh and laugh.

IN this thread because Im gonna be IN the theaters for this. Right now, Zahler is on my must read/watch list.

Laugh myself into a Living Death at Vince Vaughn ever trying to act. Will watch for the laughs, though.

I heard about this one a little while back.

I'm not 100% sure how much that trailer did for me, but I am definitely down for something new from the writer/director of Bone Tomahawk. And I always think it's interesting to see Vaughn play a more dramatic role (which seems to be something he's trying to do a lot more of these days).

He's made efforts on and off over the years. Every time he reaches a point of renown for his comedy he returns to ruin the world of quality cinema. He's a fucking abominable actor.

Psycho? Horrible.

The Cell? He's just a wooden idiot.

The disaster which doesn't deserve to bare the name True Detective.. I stopped watching after episode 2, but he was indisputably the worst part of it.

And then that godawful Hacksaw Ridge. Vince Vaughn is the drill sergeant!! (Vomit everywhere)

Kind of hoping he just dies soon so I can stop witnessing the atrocity of his face mucking up potentially respectable films.

He's made efforts on and off over the years. Every time he reaches a point of renown for his comedy he returns to ruin the world of quality cinema. He's a fucking abominable actor.

Psycho? Horrible.

The Cell? He's just a wooden idiot.

The disaster which doesn't deserve to bare the name True Detective.. I stopped watching after episode 2, but he was indisputably the worst part of it.

And then that godawful Hacksaw Ridge. Vince Vaughn is the drill sergeant!! (Vomit everywhere)

Kind of hoping he just dies soon so I can stop witnessing the atrocity of his face mucking up potentially respectable films.

LOL. Jesus.

I don't think he's a great dramatic actor but I think he's okay. And just seeing him try to tackle roles like this is interesting in and of itself.

I've heard that he's sick of doing comedy all the time so I'm rooting for the guy. (I've heard the same about Jack Black BTW.)

LOL. Jesus.

I don't think he's a great dramatic actor but I think he's okay. And just seeing him try to tackle roles like this is interesting in and of itself.

I've heard that he's sick of doing comedy all the time so I'm rooting for the guy. (I've heard the same about Jack Black BTW.)

They both sicken me. I also find neither of them particularly funny (although Vaughn was great in one film - Wedding Crashers).

IN this thread because Im gonna be IN the theaters for this. Right now, Zahler is on my must read/watch list.

Same here, and I happen to love prison movies as one of my favorite genres.

More excited for this movie than any other coming out for the rest of the year I think.

Laugh myself into a Living Death at Vince Vaughn ever trying to act. Will watch for the laughs, though.

Haha, I actually thought he was great as the drill sergeant in Hacksaw Ridge and he was one of the better parts of an overall average season 2 of True Detective.

Vince is one of those guys that I really like and always think "oh sweet, my bro vince is in this", until I watch the movie and think "think motherfucker is awful and cant act"

even now i saw his name and clicked on the trailer to check it out and now I feel like i have no desire to see this shitty film. its like id rather have a beer with him than watch him act.

Bone Tomahawk Writer-Director: Yay!

Vince Vaughn: Boo!

I don't know if he's been phoning it in since Swingers, but nonetheless he has tempered my enthusiasm for this a bit.

It's out!

Just bought the VOD.

Psyched to make some time for this tomorrow night.

This is probably my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year

Back