Boxing means nothing if you know wing chun kicks.

In their defense, I do use a stiff arm as one of my techniques to circle out

not like that though. Without gloves, what about grabbing the wrist and punching with the other hand?

Maybe that was an overstatement :\ but there are quite more numbers of thai boxers with a boxing background more commonly these days.
sorry bro i didnt mean to jump down your throat. there are thai boxers who cross train. they get something out of it. but not boxers who cross train.

wing chun is pure garbage.

for the most part, most kung fu is pure garbage. they dont focus on the art of combat anymore. but if they all decided to change their ways and get more competitive again, like forreal, it would be amazing. wing chun can be a great art if used properly. pure wing chun by itself these days is not a good idea though. wing chun is best used if it's mixed with other arts to complement its weaknesses, IMO

spMRJIw.gif

Master Wong does not use traditional WC kicks in this video though he uses other stuff. Still not bad though.

for the most part, most kung fu is pure garbage. they dont focus on the art of combat anymore. but if they all decided to change their ways and get more competitive again, like forreal, it would be amazing. wing chun can be a great art if used properly. pure wing chun by itself these days is not a good idea though. wing chun is best used if it's mixed with other arts to complement its weaknesses, IMO
Naw, it's still pure garbage. The way they do that stupid ticky tack multiple slappy punches is pure bullshit and useless. And when they all do that sticky hands chi sao shit, and they think that's their real fighting, then they really don't know what fighting is. Wing Chun dorks are mostly just idiots that can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. And that's the truth.

Naw, it's still pure garbage. The way they do that stupid ticky tack multiple slappy punches is pure bullshit and useless. And when they all do that sticky hands chi sao shit, and they think that's their real fighting, then they really don't know what fighting is. Wing Chun dorks are mostly just idiots that can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. And that's the truth.

Yeah, most Wing Chun needs lots of work to do. I wholeheartedly agree. I haven't seen much good Wing Chun taking out boxers anywhere; and whatever I saw on YouTube was a joke. Chi sao is pretty useful and fun but is mostly for inside fighting; or just the exercise for sensitivity itself. Wing Chun is way too outdated, that's the problem. If it was updated, it would be a lot better, but most WC practitioners and fighters stay within the WC circle and only fight themselves. They never really truly go out there and cross-fight other stylists and systems. That's a huge disadvantage. Most arts have the potential to be good, but not enough people employ it realistically and competitively to make it work.

I wouldn't say Wing Chun is completely useless though; it has times when it is very useful. I've used a lot of their hand techniques during kickboxing and sparring, so I could personally attest that it has some merits. But I dont do traditional WC. I do old school MMA, so it's not the same.

Yeah, most Wing Chun needs lots of work to do. I wholeheartedly agree. I haven't seen much good Wing Chun taking out boxers anywhere; and whatever I saw on YouTube was a joke. Chi sao is pretty useful and fun but is mostly for inside fighting; or just the exercise for sensitivity itself. Wing Chun is way too outdated, that's the problem. If it was updated, it would be a lot better, but most WC practitioners and fighters stay within the WC circle and only fight themselves. They never really truly go out there and cross-fight other stylists and systems. That's a huge disadvantage. Most arts have the potential to be good, but not enough people employ it realistically and competitively to make it work.

I wouldn't say Wing Chun is completely useless though; it has times when it is very useful. I've used a lot of their hand techniques during kickboxing and sparring, so I could personally attest that it has some merits. But I dont do traditional WC. I do old school MMA, so it's not the same.
wing chun is wing chun. it's pure garbage and useless. their stand up sucks and is totally outdated like you said, and they have no ground skills whatsoever. Their wrestling and takedown is non-existent. Just put these dorky wing chun dummies on their back and you can just ground and pound the shit out of these dorks. Seriously, wing chun is the butt of the joke in all martial arts next to that aikido lame shit.

wing chun is wing chun. it's pure garbage and useless. their stand up sucks and is totally outdated like you said, and they have no ground skills whatsoever. Their wrestling and takedown is non-existent. Just put these dorky wing chun dummies on their back and you can just ground and pound the shit out of these dorks. Seriously, wing chun is the butt of the joke in all martial arts next to that aikido lame shit.

I remember that one episode of fight quest I think. Where they went to China or Hong Kong to fight Wing Chung guys

And those crappy unknown mma fighters/actors put an ass whipping on them.

I remember that one episode of fight quest I think. Where they went to China or Hong Kong to fight Wing Chung guys

And those crappy unknown mma fighters/actors put an ass whipping on them.

Yeah I noticed in that show the traveling Americans would tend to beat up the more obscure styles that didn't have a competitive format but would lose to ones that did. I think it was only the boxing, BJJ and Mauy Thai episode where they got beat up by their hosts.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed in that show the traveling Americans would tend to beat up the more obscure styles that didn't have a competitive format but would lose to ones that did. I think it was only the boxing, BJJ and Mauy Thai episode where they got beat up by their hosts.

Hell they were even competitive against the Filipino Kali stick fighters.

Back