Boxing means nothing if you know wing chun kicks.

Everything is useless against Wing Chun. Haven't you seen Ip Man? I'm gonna try that at my next sparring session.

Hey Frode, why do you make so many wing chun threads?

Master Wong is always entertaining.

Yeah. But i still not sure what label to put on him.

Martial artist?
Scam artist?
Comedian?
Troll?
A mix of everything above?

A mystery for sure.

<Fedor23>

So all you need to do to defend against punches is to stick your arms out? That's what I got from this video.

I present.... Da proof :

Fraud Falic is single handedly keeping this forum active with his elementary school level troll threads, LOL!

Keep us entertained!
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Martial artist?
Scam artist?
Comedian?
Troll?

A mystery for sure.

<Fedor23>

I would say Martial Artist, just biased, a bit of a comedian too.

muay thai fighters actually do it alot don't they? have their hands out.

Not both hands at the same time... And it has a couple of different uses. It can be used to blind the opponent with the glove in front of his eyes, control the distance, break a clinch attempt, unbalance him if he goes for piercing knee, helps with your own attempt to clinch...
It can be very useful (specially if you have a good reach advantage), but also very dangerous if not used right, or to many times.

But it's not something i would use in a boxing match.

Not both hands at the same time... And it has a couple of different uses. It can be used to blind the opponent with the glove in front of his eyes, control the distance, break a clinch attempt, unbalance him if he goes for piercing knee, helps with your own attempt to clinch...
It can be very useful (specially if you have a good reach advantage), but also very dangerous if not used right, or to many times.

But it's not something i would use in a boxing match.
People who leave it out too long, ends up in fill-the-room-with-uppercut-city

@j123

You know that i know that there is not such thing as uppercuts in MT...In fact there is no kind of punches whatsoever. Those are all watered down techniques for kickboxers...
Seriously now, i don't remember been ever hit with an uppercut in MT, and i am sure i have never thrown one.

For me, the response to an extended arm, is a kick to the ribs on that side. It's an open spot, and also when you extend your lead arm, most of the times you are not in a good position for a good fast check with the knee to a mid kick. Good chances that you are heavy on your lead leg, hips not turned properly...

Last edited:

Martial artist?
Scam artist?
Comedian?
Troll?

A mystery for sure.

<Fedor23>

I think a combination of all. He obviously has skills and his intensity would likely work for him in battle.

He actually mentions a few times in the video that a boxer would usually beat a wing chun man. At least we got that confirmed.

This is a great video. Pure boxing vs pure Wing Chun no holds barred, there's more tools available to the Wing Chun man if he knows how to kick and the boxer who doesn't know kicks can be in trouble. However, the kicks need to be swift and direct, any kind of fancy kicks can give the boxer an opportunity to "reach over" and beat the shit out of the kicker. Kicks need to be economical, direct, and simple but effective to work against boxers.

Adding some good kicks into a Wing Chun man's arsenal is is a smart idea to have more options against a boxer. But to be honest, these days most boxers cross train in Muay Thai. So you may think you're kicking the boxer at bay and he throws some muay thai kicks, then that's full out kickboxing/thaiboxing right there.

Kicks are however, very useful for closing the gap and doing Wing Chun's trapping techniques. I've personally used kicks many times and went either into exchanging flurries like a boxer, or did some trapping techniques to score a hit.

Back