"Boxing is Dead/Dying"

MMA fighters don't have a 100% record against boxers even under MMA rules so to suggest 100% success rate in a real situation is far fetched.

Delusional.

MMA is far closer to real fighting than Boxing....put it this way if 10 of the best boxers were matched up with 10 of the best MMA fighters in a street fight.

MMA 10 Boxing 0

And its not in regard to anything but facts when people say Boxing is dead....I honestly have no clue how money flows into the sport anymore as the PPV sales without Floyd involved are typically terrible, seats are usually empty and all the events and they pay actors to come to the events to give it attention etc.

I really would like to see how the revenue is generated in boxing....because MMA popularity eclipses it now and yet the fighters in general make far less.
Naw, in a real fight Floyds body guards just pull out their guns and shoot those broke ass reebok wearing fools.

<Y2JSmirk>

bork1}<{Heymansnicker}>{<hhh]

People have been saying "boxing is dead" or "boxing is about to die" for literally a century now.

Even in MMA circles most people don't really believe it. You have Dana White's "Not your dad's combat sport" campaign in like 2006 when he was trying to make the UFC relevant and Joe Rogan saying something about the UFC eating boxing alive in response to Bob Arum saying something retarded about MMA. A small minority of fans have gone monkey-see-monkey-do with this over the years and that's it.

@ChangeIsComing

What great street fighting experiment are you talking about? It sounds like you keep trying to argue for this "clean" streetfight, but a streetfight is a fucking streetfight. You know who wins? The guy with the gun, or the guy with the better lawyer, or neither fighter, because it's a streetfight and it probably could have been avoided.

In your experiment, does the boxer get to headbutt/elbow/be athletic and prevent a takedown, or in this "clean" streetfighting 1v1 experiment does the boxer just get to punch since he's a lowly boxer?
Now you are saying a guy with a gun wins...sigh..

You just cannot admit that having multiple skill sets trumps boxing...just delusional...complete and utter delusion like most hardcore boxing fans.

Boxing has highs and lows like every other thing with fans has. There's always a period when the superstars retire and it seems like there are no more stars to be had.
What the fuck are you smoking.

You have to realize most saying this are coming from a US stand point. Boxing's general drawing power has continually gone down in the US over past years. This is combination of lack of star power and lack of american talent, especially at higher weights as most athletes or size are playing football or basketball. Main stream/causal media also continues to pay less attention to boxing. Even with Floyd he required a strong B side to be relevant on ESPN and other sports networks. Same can now be said for GGG and Ward who have posted abysmal ratings in prior fights. Even Canelo struggled in terms of US buys with a strong B in Khan. After Canelo and GGG fight each other neither has any relevant opponent to fight next that will draw any casual or media attention. Loma is another guy is struggling and I cant see anyone out there that he could pair with to make a ppv worthy fight.

Also boxing is not "cool" like it used to be. No kids in middle / high school are talking boxing, nobody is talking about ggg vs canelo, they are talking about NBA trades and upcoming NFL season and fantasy football. Boxing demographic is older and the younger demo are only buying fights of their specific orientation. I.e. canelo gets 18-35 hispanic buys and ward gets 18-35 african american buys, but they aren't buying "good fights" just fights with the single fighter they like

I just don't see how a sport that's in the olympics and has participants from all over the world could die anytime soon. Even in Korea where it does seem dead, there are still events all the time.

I just don't see how a sport that's in the olympics and has participants from all over the world could die anytime soon. Even in Korea where it does seem dead, there are still events all the time.

because people that say it is dead are american and talking about US

because people that say it is dead are american and talking about US
Well there are other people on the planet. In Korea it's much more dead, except it isn't. As for the US, how can you say a sport is dead when fighters are getting a million or more for fights.
I used to fight for hundreds of dollars and these people talking about the sport is dead because guys be getting millions.

Well there are other people on the planet. In Korea it's much more dead, except it isn't. As for the US, how can you say a sport is dead when fighters are getting a million or more for fights.
I used to fight for hundreds of dollars and these people talking about the sport is dead because guys be getting millions.

I didn't say it made sense, that is just where the talk comes from. Also a lot of these guys are overpaid and the events are operating at a loss. See Ward vs Kovalev. Also 1 million per fight is few and far between and most are not american fighters which I already talked about. Also 1 million is not that big a deal to casuals when you see NFL/NBA players making multi millions. Its only when you see floyd type money do you see casuals turning their head at the amount.. I mean how many American's are making 1 mil per fight in boxing? Maybe 10?

Its not dead but it will never be as big as before. I suspect MMA will be similiar. MMA will hit a ceiling where its still a minor sport.

The reason is simple. Combat sports are ugly and brutal. Commendably, nowadays most of society doesn't like them.

Add to this, athletic talent stay away from combat sports if they have any sense. There are other sports which pay better, are more dignified and fun, less corrupt, and less damaging to their health.

Events like the football etc dont need hype to get millions of viewers weekly. Boxing needs massive amounts of hype and advertising to bring in the punters for one off events.

Lets say it this way... What do you think would have happened to Floyd if Conor was just allowed to use 4 oz gloves and holds?

Back