Boxing hall of fame ballot, which 3 get in?

1. Morales
2. Vitali
3. Eubank

Hatton is the LAST guy on the list who should get in.

1. Morales
2. Vitali
3. Eubank

Hatton is the LAST guy on the list who should get in.

How does boxing voting go? Like in some other sports there are guys who don't get voted due to various personal reasons, vendetta's, etc. Would Hatton be one of those guys ?

Oo

Hatton
Klits
Eubank.

Benn/morales will need to wait.

Although i would be ok with morales over eubank

Should be Morales, Vitali and Hatton. Although if I had a vote, I'd give it to the Hawk!

Oo

Hatton
Klits
Eubank.

Benn/morales will need to wait.

Although i would be ok with morales over eubank

You'd have Hatton and Eubank in ahead of Morales? He's appreciably greater than both of them. Hell, he's easily greater than Vitali in a p4p sense, as well. Vitali's resume isn't particularly good.

You'd have Hatton and Eubank in ahead of Morales? He's appreciably greater than both of them. Hell, he's easily greater than Vitali in a p4p sense, as well. Vitali's resume isn't particularly good.
Oo i think morales has a better resume than all of them

But the hof is kinda funky with their inductees. They sometimes weigh other stuff like the persons popularity ( they weigh it to high imo)

But really if we were going by resume it would be morales, eubank and than its a tossup with like 5 guys

The thing is i dont see them not letting hatton and vitali in..

Are you from Europe?
No. Again i think morales has the best resume forsure. But the hof is funky

For example i think eubank and morales have the best resumes on the list.. but vitali and hatton likely get in before eubank at least due to popularity.

But certainly morales should go in. I was more referring to who i thought would go in based on the hof voters

No. Again i think morales has the best resume forsure. But the hof is funky

For example i think eubank and morales have the best resumes on the list.. but vitali and hatton likely get in before eubank at least due to popularity.

But certainly morales should go in. I was more referring to who i thought would go in based on the hof voters

That's a good point, there is definitely a popularity aspect to these things.

Morales and Winky are the obvious ones. The third would fall somewhere between Benn, Hatton, Calderon, Chicanito, and Vitali.

the fact that you have Vinny Paz or Rosi on here but not a dominant champion like Tokuyama or even a guy like Casamayor is absolutely stupid. Like, mind blowingly dumb.

Anyhow, of the options (I'll vote for five since thats what's allowed):

Morales (the most obvious choice IMO)
Winky
Vitali
Chitalada
Moon

I'd honestly be happy with half of these options, but there are some GLARING ommissions

Last edited:
I agree with xthegreatestx though, if I had to guess who's actually going to get in, it'll probably be Vitali, Hatton, Morales (more than popular enough IMO), Moorer and maybe Winky

Oo i think morales has a better resume than all of them

But the hof is kinda funky with their inductees. They sometimes weigh other stuff like the persons popularity ( they weigh it to high imo)

But really if we were going by resume it would be morales, eubank and than its a tossup with like 5 guys

The thing is i dont see them not letting hatton and vitali in..

Fair enough. Morales was an extremely popular fighter himself. Hatton should get in (at least eventually), but if we're talking resume, I'm not even necessarily sure I'd put him in ahead of a guy like Meldrick Taylor. His popularity will give him that extra bump, though.

the fact that you have Vinny Paz or Rosi on here but not a dominant champion like Tokuyama or even a guy like Casamayor is absolutely stupid. Like, mind blowingly dumb.

Anyhow, of the options (I'll vote for five since thats what's allowed):

Morales (the most obvious choice IMO)
Winky
Hatton
Chitalada
Moon

I'd honestly be happy with half of these options, but there are some GLARING ommissions

Is Winky eligible? If he is, he's a no-brainer. As for Casa, I'd argue that his resume is probably greater than Hatton's (and probably better than Eubank's, as well).

Fair enough. Morales was an extremely popular fighter himself. Hatton should get in (at least eventually), but if we're talking resume, I'm not even necessarily sure I'd put him in ahead of a guy like Meldrick Taylor. His popularity will give him that extra bump, though.
Hmmm interesting thought. Now that i think about it does hatton have better resume than meldrick?

Meldrick beat mcgirt who was pretty good and davis who was ok. If he got the win over chavez it would be Meldrick easy and I would be with you.

But hatton did beat kosta, and collazo is pretty good ( although i contend hatton lost that fight)

Its close. Like i said that 3rd sport could go to hatton, vitali, meldrick, winky or benn

this thing is just a cheap effort at trying to appease governing bodies

who cares who is in the HOF, leave that stupid shit for other crappy sports

Is winky really that clear. Great fighter no doubt. Hof no doubt. But his resume does not match how good he was imo and so i don't think he is 1st ballot

Is winky really that clear. Great fighter no doubt. Hof no doubt. But his resume does not match how good he was imo and so i don't think he is 1st ballot

I think he had a better resume than Hatton and Vitali. Long term champ. Wins over Mosley x2 and Tito. Draw with Taylor when he was lineal. The only convincing loss in his career before fighting Hopkins came when he was green against Vasquez (and Vasquez was pretty good in his own right).

Back