Boxing Discussion VIII

Yafai o8.5 LOSS - 1u
Yafai Dec LOSS - 1u
Sultan Dec LOSS - 0.5u
Escadon ML LOSS - 1.5u

Terrible, pissed that Carmona quit on the stool ffs.

Spreadsheet updated, never really kept 100% track of my bets before, I bet for fun on the side but I'm quite enjoying tracking it all properly. Still putting the blog together, just a simple Wordpress which I've posted my bets to before each event this weekend, still needs tweaking etc but it's basically just the same bets I've posted here.

Last nights results......

Jerwin Ancajas vs Jonas Sultan - Ancajas TKO @ 3.75 - 1u to win 2.75u - LOSS (Can't lie, pissed at myself for that. Would never really put 1u on a 3.75 pick but got greedy with the price and the weekend profit, need better discipline next time.)

Khalid Yafai vs David Carmona - Under 8.5 @ 2.10 - 1u to win 1.1u - WIN

Khalid Yafai vs David Carmona - Yafai TKO @ 1.62 - 2u to win 1.24u - WIN

Nyambayar under 8.5 rounds + Ancajas ML @ 2.00 - 2u to win 2u - WIN

13.24u profit this weekend (£3834)

Now hopefully my UFC Liverpool picks do well to top it all off.

-2,5u total.

Got a bit excited when Escandon got that knockdown in the first, but Nyambayar just took over after that. Glad I hedged some of my Yafai - Carmona o8.5 and DEC, so all in all it could've been worse.

@CR0W Is your site online? I would love to check it out.

I just keep all my bets in a simple Excel document, to have a quick overview of my profits/losses etc.

@CR0W Is your site online? I would love to check it out.

I just keep all my bets in a simple Excel document, to have a quick overview of my profits/losses etc.

It is technically yes, but the layout etc is far from complete, the bets are on there and published before the fights etc but still a long way off done.

As soon as I'm comfortable with it I'll post it here (I'll continue to post the same bets here anyway).

I'm basically using Excel to keep track of all my bets, profit/loss etc. Like I say, never really bothered to keep track of exact amounts, units etc before but I'm quite enjoying it and I think it definitely helps you not get carried away and put on silly bets. Been a fantastic weekend, a lot of that due to Inoue, hoping my luck carries into UFC later.

It is technically yes, but the layout etc is far from complete, the bets are on there and published before the fights etc but still a long way off done.

As soon as I'm comfortable with it I'll post it here (I'll continue to post the same bets here anyway).

I'm basically using Excel to keep track of all my bets, profit/loss etc. Like I say, never really bothered to keep track of exact amounts, units etc before but I'm quite enjoying it and I think it definitely helps you not get carried away and put on silly bets. Been a fantastic weekend, a lot of that due to Inoue, hoping my luck carries into UFC later.
Yeah definitely helps me to work on mistakes I made in the past and keep my betsizing under control. It's also nice to have a complete overview of everything in a simple spreadsheet.

BOL with your UFC bets today! Normally I've a lot of bets down before the event starts, but this event I went really light and I'm going to look for some nice livebetting opportunities.

Feel like pure shit just wanted Carmona/Yafai to over 8.5 rounds, but sadly it didn't. We move on, good call from @CR0W on that one.

Yeah definitely helps me to work on mistakes I made in the past and keep my betsizing under control. It's also nice to have a complete overview of everything in a simple spreadsheet.

BOL with your UFC bets today! Normally I've a lot of bets down before the event starts, but this event I went really light and I'm going to look for some nice livebetting opportunities.

BOL to you too!

I'll also be looking to live bet a lot of the fights too, here's hoping for some fantastic LB lines.

Tyson Fury under 5.5 rounds @1.85 with betway is an absolute steal for me vs Seferi who only has 4 wins vs oponents with a winning record & mostly campaigned at cruiserweight, you can look at Fury's inactivity but he looks in great shape now & will look to make a statement.

Seferi went the distance with Charr but not long after that Charr had a double hip replacement, so he wasn't right in the fight following the shooting the year before. Plus this is a reason why he's been selected as an opponent, the Charr name adds credibility to it as he holds a version of a world title.

Give me Fury under 5.5 @ 1.85 with a bag of chips and a soda, that price won't last.

Tyson Fury under 5.5 rounds @1.85 with betway is an absolute steal for me vs Seferi who only has 4 wins vs oponents with a winning record & mostly campaigned at cruiserweight, you can look at Fury's inactivity but he looks in great shape now & will look to make a statement.

Seferi went the distance with Charr but not long after that Charr had a double hip replacement, so he wasn't right in the fight following the shooting the year before. Plus this is a reason why he's been selected as an opponent, the Charr name adds credibility to it as he holds a version of a world title.

Give me Fury under 5.5 @ 1.85 with a bag of chips and a soda, that price won't last.
fury is gonna hug him to death

not trusting fury to finish a fight lol

think it's gonna be different this time, can't go calling out AJ & Wilder & then cruise to points win against a 39 year old bum, the mack is back in devastating fashion.

Saunders points, Crawford KO & Turbo Tezza Flanagan win (on points) to boot

Fury will get the stoppage but betting on the over/under is basically gambling on what mood he's in. He could clown this guy for a few rounds before stepping it up.

Slim pickings this weekend but I've found something I don't mind playing, and a few reasons why I think it's worth a shot.

23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
Kevin Lerena (RSA)

Kevin_Lerena.png

VS

23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png
Roman Golovashchenko (UKR)

Roman_Golovashchenko.png

Sarhadci Olympic Center, Baku, Azerbaijan

12 Round Contest @ Cruiserweight For The IBO Title

Ordinarily these odds would seem pretty spot on, however there are a few things that are leading me to play Golovashchenko here. Firstly Lerena wanted to defend his title in his native South Africa, however the Ukranian did not want this and wanted it in Ukraine or Europe instead..... Lerena of course did not want this. This fight is being promoted by Gennadii Kravchenko (Golovashchenko's promoter), both parties eventually agreed on a neutral location (Azerbaijan). Lerena has only fought once outside of South Africa, against a 4-19 can in Denmark. Golavshchenko has fought in Germany, Ukraine and also once before in Azerbaijan. To me this location and of course it being promoted by Kravchenko are big advantages for the Ukranian.

Golovashchenko likes to utilise a high guard, mainly on the front foot pushing forward and countering his opponents with lead hooks to the head and body, something he does very well. I wouldn't say he had concussive power despite having 17 KO's in his 19 wins. But he does have the kind of thudding punches that break you down and he can also take a shot too, not that Lerena possess a lot of power at all.

Lerena hasn't hugely impressed me, he's definitely decent but I don't think this is an unwinnable fight for the Ukranian by any means. Golovashchenko has said confidently that his team have reviewed all footage on Lerena and are confident of a knockout between rounds 4-6. From what I can translate from interviews he has also trained with Usyk too.

I expect this to be fairly even, but if someone does get a finish I'd expect it to be the Ukranian. In what should be a relatively close fight I'll favour the pressure fighter who likes to be on the front foot, as well has being the promoted fighter.

Bet - Roman Golovashchenko ML @ 3.50

Slim pickings this weekend but I've found something I don't mind playing, and a few reasons why I think it's worth a shot.

Kevin Lerena (RSA)

Kevin_Lerena.png

VS

Roman_Golovashchenko.png

Ordinarily these odds would seem pretty spot on, however there are a few things that are leading me to play Golovashchenko here. Firstly Lerena wanted to defend his title in his native South Africa, however the Ukranian did not want this and wanted it in Ukraine or Europe instead..... Lerena of course did not want this. This fight is being promoted by Gennadii Kravchenko (Golovashchenko's promoter), both parties eventually agreed on a neutral location (Azerbaijan). Lerena has only fought once outside of South Africa, against a 4-19 can in Denmark. Golavshchenko has fought in Germany, Ukraine and also once before in Azerbaijan. To me this location and of course it being promoted by Kravchenko are big advantages for the Ukranian.

Golovashchenko likes to utilise a high guard, mainly on the front foot pushing forward and countering his opponents with lead hooks to the head and body, something he does very well. I wouldn't say he had concussive power despite having 17 KO's in his 19 wins. But he does have the kind of thudding punches that break you down and he can also take a shot too, not that Lerena possess a lot of power at all.

Lerena hasn't hugely impressed me, he's definitely decent but I don't think this is an unwinnable fight for the Ukranian by any means. Golovashchenko has said confidently that his team have reviewed all footage on Lerena and are confident of a knockout between rounds 4-6. From what I can translate from interviews he has also trained with Usyk too.

I expect this to be fairly even, but if someone does get a finish I'd expect it to be the Ukranian. In what should be a relatively close fight I'll favour the pressure fighter who likes to be on the front foot, as well has being the promoted fighter.

Very Nice write up, like the odds and will jump on cause without a doubt they drop.

@CR0W

I like Golovashchenko as well, especially that the fight is in Baku. What do you think about Broadhurst as a fairly big dog against Caparello? Caparello hits hard and it's debatable if Broadhurst is chinny or not, but it seems that Trent has been training with Degale lately...Might show improvements.

@CR0W

I like Golovashchenko as well, especially that the fight is in Baku. What do you think about Broadhurst as a fairly big dog against Caparello? Caparello hits hard and it's debatable if Broadhurst is chinny or not, but it seems that Trent has been training with Degale lately...Might show improvements.

Still looking into that fight, initially on first view I was tempted by Broadhurt's odds, may still play it yet but will try review some more fights and interviews before deciding.

caparello was in camp with badou for four weeks. hes also has ties to big time boxing, the promoter for the fight.

broadhurst has essentially been one-punch kod by both bivol and berridge and it looks like he coulde made the count against the new zealander in front of his australian home crowd and just said fuk it. he appears small for the weight and around eight months before his fight with dmitry he suffered a lacerated liver from a broken rib while sparring a cw.

i think +250 on caparello itd would be a good price.

Kevin Lerena (RSA)

Kevin_Lerena.png

VS

Roman_Golovashchenko.png

I'll tail for $100 at +250.

Back