Boxing Discussion VIII

That might be the most shocking decision ever right? like not the worst ever but this is crazy, a hyped up fighter getting robbed on FOX. unreal
Yea, doesn't make sense to rob Charlo there. ‍♂️ Who knows with this sport anymore

I thought that the Jermell/Harrison fight was competitive and potentially close, but with Jermell being the more popular fighter for PBC, plus the way he was walking forward while Harrision was going backwards, plus the optics of his more wild swinging punches, I'm surprised he lost that decision clearly on all three cards.

I thought that the Jermell/Harrison fight was competitive and potentially close, but with Jermell being the more popular fighter for PBC, plus the way he was walking forward while Harrision was going backwards, plus the optics of his more wild swinging punches, I'm surprised he lost that decision clearly on all three cards.
I agree, early maybe first 6 rounds were real close and competitive, the commentary was a complete joke. However, I felt Charlo took over the last half of the fight. Wasnt scoring the fight live, but seemed like a clear charlo decision at the end

After round 10: Matt Korobov/Jermall Charlo Draw (+2400) ~$39.00 for ~$936.00

The scoring is boxing is so random. Watching all these fights gave me something to do today, but I can't wait for UFC 232 next week where the scorecards usually make sense.

It's funny the only reason I did not put money on Korobov was because I never thought they would let a Charlo lose a decision on this big Fox card. Genuinely shocked that a Charlo got robbed. I missed the fights as I was traveling today. I'll be interested to see the Harrison fight.

The scoring is boxing is so random. Watching all these fights gave me something to do today, but I can't wait for UFC 232 next week where the scorecards usually make sense.

Boxing gets a bad wrap and rightfully so, but I feel like UFC has their share of bad decisions as well.

Boxing has more staggering decisions than mma i think but its due to odd number of rounds. Easier to decide a winner with odd rounds; boxing should look at that but they never will.

Havent seen these particular fights so the above may not relate specifically but fights like GGG/Canelo 1 and Fury/Wilder come to mind for this

It's funny the only reason I did not put money on Korobov was because I never thought they would let a Charlo lose a decision on this big Fox card. Genuinely shocked that a Charlo got robbed. I missed the fights as I was traveling today. I'll be interested to see the Harrison fight.

First decision was not a robbery.

I had it 115-113 Harrison.

Korobov was the worst robbery of the year, I had it 116-112, 115-113 fine as well for Korobov. The judge card with 119-108 Charlo was sickening.

Ok, last week was my worst week ever!!

Overall, 2018 was good, but the bookies made it really tough...

Back