Boxers Running With BOOTS on what is the purpose?

It's archaic, stupid and bad for all your joints and tendons. Get with the times. Mayweather just wants people to think he knows something that others don't. He is a jagoff.

Floyd Sr. > you.

And it has nothing to do with knowing what others don't. That should be evident by how many people in this thread knew about it.

If you want to add weight to run by all means do it but why not use a weighted vest and some decent runner shoes. No reason that I can see. Boots aren't designed for running in, their shock absorbency is poor.

As for Ricky versus Pacquiao I think he has a decent chance as anyone. His movement to the left against Malignaggi was superb. In that fight he did it to attack Malignaggis right side because he had no right hand. In this fight I think he'll attack it to stay away from Pacquiaos powerful left hand. I think we'll see lots of drawing and feinting from Hatton coupled with head movement to get inside Pacquiao and work the body to slow him down. Pacquiao has tremendous body conditioning so it will be interesting to see even if a good body puncher like Hatton can put a dent in him. I wonder if Pacquaio will raise his arms skyward and taunt him to throw the body shot or will he give Hatton's power more respect?

A good body puncher like Marquez put more than one dent in Pac, I don't see why Hatton couldn't. Especially with the stances. As a Southpaw, Pac's liver is going to be alarmingly close to Hatton's left hook. If Ricky throws a lot of jab-hook to the body, or double jab-hook to the body combinations, he can do two things. He'll land some of those shots eventually, and effectively disarm Pac of his right hand as Pac will have to use it primarily for defense.

MARVELOUS Marvin Hagler did it all the time. He said running shoes are "sissy shoes".

Back