Boxer dies following a KO

Chuck will be just about 49 when he fights Tito....

Comissions need to do something about this to prevent further tragedy.

Yeah I think these guys should be retired. Mma is not as dangerous as boxing though. No where near the same head trauma in a fight. I’d be more concerned with boxers still fighting at this age

Whaaaa? The rules favor the more athletic fighter? Yes, athleticism is a major component but boxing can not be chalked up to purely being athletic. How do you explain when Ali came back and became champ after losing much of his athleticism returning from his ban?

George Foreman regaining the title at, what was he 45?
Hopkins winning a title at 49?
Duran winning a title at 49?

The guys they beat for the belts were like 10-15 years their junior. Moorer was almost 20 years younger than Foreman.

Boxing is a thinking man's game, it's not just about athleticism, there are plenty of equalizers in the sweet science.

If a guy moves his head too much you attack the body.
If a guy circles you have to cut the ring.
If a guy changes levels you uppercut him to stand him back up.
If a guy is too reliant on the jab you catch it and come over the top with the right hand.

Boxing isn't just about athleticism, many ways to win, and strategies.

All all examples you gave are of superior humans! Lol.
Boxing is just boring as fuukkk,too!,

All all examples you gave are of superior humans! Lol.
Boxing is just boring as fuukkk,too!,

I respect your stance. I disagree, but I can respect it.

Boxing was an acquired taste for me, I was at one point a big MMA head. Then I joined a boxing club and learned to appreciate it. lol

There is a lot of talent out there. If you're looking for what I think will be a good scrap check out Wilder v Fury in December. Check out the press conferences too, Fury has a mouth on him that I think rivals McGregor's, and Wilder is just a very determined and scary man. lol

Sad thing is nobody knows or keeps track when these guys are in training .. he could have had head injury and still fought .. probably happened many times in his career

At my first professional bout when my trainer my wrapped my hands and put on the gloves, I was like wtf these are way harder than I expected. A part of me wondering how it was legal for people to hit each other with this shit. A punch from a wrapped hand under a 8oz glove is harder than a barefist. Whenever anybody says boxing gloves are pillows, I know they have no idea what they're talking about.
That’s very true it always makes me wonder what margarito and Restos gloves were like when they had there plaster of Paris incidents

I respect your stance. I disagree, but I can respect it.

Boxing was an acquired taste for me, I was at one point a big MMA head. Then I joined a boxing club and learned to appreciate it. lol

There is a lot of talent out there. If you're looking for what I think will be a good scrap check out Wilder v Fury in December. Check out the press conferences too, Fury has a mouth on him that I think rivals McGregor's, and Wilder is just a very determined and scary man. lol

I was trying to keep up with loma. Seen him fight rigodeux and was impressed. I'll try to catch wilder vs fury, never seen either of them fight. I have amateur and exhibition experience in boxing as a teenager. But most boxing is too rudimentary, most fights are just two dudes jabbing, clinching, using the rules punches hitting gloves..... just cant stay interested for long. Unless it a really big fight.

But most boxing is too rudimentary, most fights are just two dudes jabbing, clinching, using the rules punches hitting gloves..... just cant stay interested for long. Unless it a really big fight.

You mean like soccer is kicking a ball up and down a field. Or football running into each other... or tennis is just hitting a ball...

You mean like soccer is kicking a ball up and down a field. Or football running into each other... or tennis is just hitting a ball...

Yes. Soccer and tennis arr wack!! Football is pretty good.

Back